LIU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't believe that schools will give you a refund on your deposit (maybe in some extenuating circumstances, but for the majority I think they're non-refundable)

The Western situation is....not great but also is something that's only been seen from Western, there was nothing like that for LIU acceptances/any other school's acceptances last year. You should be alright if you wait a bit to send the deposit, or if you want extra peace of mind you can call them and say you've heard about the "accepted waitlist" that has happened at Western and wanted to confirm that's not something you would have to worry about with accepting your seat here. Plus if you call them and don't say your name, then they won't know it's you asking and you don't have to worry about annoying them! (although I'd be surprised if they're truly annoyed over questions like this anyway)
I seemed to have annoyed savethecow or whatever so who knows how admissions feels lmao

Members don't see this ad.

I will be turning down my acceptance. I hope this helps anyone who hasn’t heard back yet! Good luck all!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody have a guess on when we will hear ? I interviewed on the 15th! I’m so nervous this is my only school left with potential of an acceptance:(

Anybody have a guess on when we will hear ? I interviewed on the 15th! I’m so nervous this is my only school left with potential of an acceptance:(
I’m the same way, the suspense of waiting is killing me and I’m constantly checking my emails

I know after my interview section on 2/15, they said they would send their recommendations to the dean at the end of the week (which I assume means yesterday). I have been telling myself the dean will likely take a week to make their choices (mostly just so I feel like there is some sort of fake timeline 😂)

Did anyone who hasn’t been accepted yet send Fall transcripts to LIU? I have my interview on 2/15 but had not had any communication from them prior so I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do.
I was accepted and reached out to them about fall transcripts and they said to hold onto them for now. They will let us know when they need them. So do not worry about it at all. Ill update here when they ask for mine.

Anyone feel like today is the day??😬

Anyone feel like today is the day??😬
Anyone else anxiously checking emails every five minutes since their interview and this to see if people post about acceptances? Just slightly panicked when I saw the notification for this

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve checked this thread way too many times today

Interviewed over a month ago and still waiting for an acceptance waitlist or rejection. THE WAIT KILLS.

Interviewed over a month ago and still waiting for an acceptance waitlist or rejection. THE WAIT KILLS.
I'm in the same boat. Nice to know I'm not alone! I have to assume we'll be hearing soon since they're done with their last round of interviews 🤞

Has anyone heard back yet that has interviewed on 2/15?
Haven’t heard anything. I’ve been kinda stressed this week because I swear they said we should hear the middle of this week, but I guess things come up and change the timeline. Sometimes I wish they wouldn’t give an estimate of when we’d hear because then I would be checking and expecting something at a certain time. Ya know?

Yes, it is annoying because I keep constantly checking my emails.

Has anyone heard back yet that has interviewed on 2/15?
I haven’t but I’m guessing it may be too soon to hear back
Haven’t heard anything. I’ve been kinda stressed this week because I swear they said we should hear the middle of this week, but I guess things come up and change the timeline. Sometimes I wish they wouldn’t give an estimate of when we’d hear because then I would be checking and expecting something at a certain time. Ya know?
when I interviewed on 2/15 they said that they would forward info to the dean at the end of the week (last week) and then it is in the deans hands - no timeline provided. They also said that they will continue sending acceptances up until 4/15 as people decline their seats

I haven’t but I’m guessing it may be too soon to hear back

when I interviewed on 2/15 they said that they would forward info to the dean at the end of the week (last week) and then it is in the deans hands - no timeline provided. They also said that they will continue sending acceptances up until 4/15 as people decline their seats
Which interview time were you? I swear they said something about the middle of this week, but that could’ve been a best case scenario for timing and I’ve just been clinging to it wanting an answer

Which interview time were you? I swear they said something about the middle of this week, but that could’ve been a best case scenario for timing and I’ve just been clinging to it wanting an answer
I interviewed at 3:00/3:30 (can’t remember exactly what time but know it was like the last time of the day). They def could have said so something about hearing soon but I just mostly remember them saying it could be as late as April and wanting to cry lol 😂

I interviewed at 3:00/3:30 (can’t remember exactly what time but know it was like the last time of the day). They def could have said so something about hearing soon but I just mostly remember them saying it could be as late as April and wanting to cry lol 😂
I was in the 8am interview and I was thinking "okay I'm done now I can go to work so I may not have heard correctly. Now I'm trying to calm myself by saying that they probably got slowed in their ranking/reviewing due to covid precautions....I'm sure this will only calm my mind a little bit but why not try haha

I literally haven’t heard a word from this school..... not even an interview invite or a rejection notice :/

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed admissions this morning. Here's the reply:

We have sent 140 letters of offer out. As soon as we hear from that cohort, we will work our way down the list. On April 15th we will have a better idea how many empty seats we have and then we will establish a wait list.

I know this is confusing, but hang tight. We will let you know something soon.

We have sent 140 letters of offer out. As soon as we hear from that cohort, we will work our way down the list. On April 15th we will have a better idea how many empty seats we have and then we will establish a wait list.

Sorry I should clarify-- I interviewed in January. They might tell you something different if you did not interview, I'm not sure. Karen Inzana got back to me within minutes, I'd suggest emailing her if you haven't heard anything at all and you're still interested in the school.

That just annoys me that they sent enough offers to fill the class after the first interviews.

Thanks for emailing to get some info. Reading this, it seems to me people who interviewed in February (like me) were just interviewing for a possible wait list? That’s super frustrating if that is the case and they did not tell us that!!

Not establishing a waitlist before the acceptance date seems silly too.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many people got interviews?

I emailed Dr. Inzana and she replied very quickly. She said that interviews are completed. I've also asked if LIU did file reviews and she gave me a breakdown of what I scored and the avg of the applicants. I GOT A SCORE OF 0 FOR CASPER. That is horrendous. Goodluck to everyone else!

• Wow
I emailed Dr. Inzana and she replied very quickly. She said that interviews are completed. I've also asked if LIU did file reviews and she gave me a breakdown of what I scored and the avg of the applicants. I GOT A SCORE OF 0 FOR CASPER. That is horrendous. Goodluck to everyone else!
That’s actually nice that she provided that over an email. Most schools want you to schedule a call with them after all decisions are sent out

That just annoys me that they sent enough offers to fill the class after the first interviews.
I'm not sure they did. The email says they sent out a total of 140 offers, but that doesn't mean the offers all went to people from the first batch of interviews.

I’m sorry, that’s hard to hear but I’m glad you got some clarity...0 though? That seems ludicrous...Casper does quartiles from what i remember on the website..did they use a different ranking scale?

I'm not sure they did. The email says they sent out a total of 140 offers, but that doesn't mean the offers all went to people from the first batch of interviews.
I’m pretty sure that’s the same number people who interviewed in January were told were sent out before February interviews, so I think it’s safe to assume they were all from the January interviews. As for the no waitlist until April, I understand waiting so that they can put as many people on it based on how far down their list they get by then, but if there’s people who are definite declines, they should be told.

I’m pretty sure that’s the same number people who interviewed in January were told were sent out before February interviews, so I think it’s safe to assume they were all from the January interviews. As for the no waitlist until April, I understand waiting so that they can put as many people on it based on how far down their list they get by then, but if there’s people who are definite declines, they should be told.
130 acceptances went out from the first round.

I just emailed and she said they have sent out 145 now

Zero?? I dont even remember what the Casper actually was like honestly its a blank to me. What does that even mean. Im so sorry 😭 dont give up. I hope you heard back from other places ? If not keep trying. Never let one test define you ! Idk my score, they never told us.

We had about 130 acceptances back in January, I believe everytime someone rejects they sent another. That means there aren't necessarily 140 people still on the list but a total of 140 people they offered admissions to so far

If you guys email her she will tell you your rank. I don’t necessarily know what it means but I have a random number in my head to overthink now lol

If you guys email her she will tell you your rank. I don’t necessarily know what it means but I have a random number in my head to overthink now lol
I emailed asking for my rank, but she just said I am in "good position to receive an offer but it will take more time."

I tried to ask for an idea of where I am on the waitlist but I wasn’t able to get an answer. I definitely feel bad for emailing her and asking since she’s probably getting a million emails from everyone right now. Hopefully everything turns out the way it’s supposed to

I tried to ask for an idea of where I am on the waitlist but I wasn’t able to get an answer. I definitely feel bad for emailing her and asking since she’s probably getting a million emails from everyone right now. Hopefully everything turns out the way it’s supposed to
When I asked for a general idea, I got my exact ranking. But I think as the send more offers out, we “move up” because she worded it as “presently at *rank*” so it may take time for her to respond as ranks may be “changing” as offers are sent or people let them know they are not interested in a spot