LMU c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not yet I hope so!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
From what others have posted, it seems they make their acceptance calls during the weekend. We may see more postings in a couple of days :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed down in Knoxville and drove up that day, it seemed cheaper and since the interview was around lunchtime I didn't have to get up too early. (Also Knoxville has starbucks). I'm getting kind of nervous now about that phone call. My interview was on the 23rd, and I haven't heard anything since. I can't believe I did this for undergrad. I don't remember the agony of waiting forever for acceptance/rejection letters!

I interviewed back in September and they said its only on rare occasions that we hear before March. all decisions will be made by then. Don't get discouraged if you don't hear before then.

I JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE CALL!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!! How exciting! Do you mind sharing your stats and the date you interviewed?

I interviewed on October 23rd. My stats are:
155 verbal
157 quantitative
4.5 writing
3.64 science GPA
3.73 last 45 GPA
3.77 cumulative GPA
Around 200 hours vet experience
2 years honors research experience

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone else received a call from the dean?
I received a call from the Dean today with an offer of acceptance. I interviewed on 10/21. I am new to this forum. Hope to share information with those that wish to share.

I haven't heard anything from LMU since this email on 11/9:

"I wanted to touch base with you since it’s been about a month since my last update. We are still in the process of reviewing applicants to determine whether or not they will receive an interview. We will continue to hold interviews into the spring semester. Once a decision has been made on your file, you will receive an email from either myself or my administrative assistant, Megan Cottrell. If at any time you have any questions regarding the application process, please feel free to email me at [email protected]."

Anyone else in the same boat?

"I wanted to touch base with you since it’s been about a month since my last update. We are still in the process of reviewing applicants to determine whether or not they will receive an interview. We will continue to hold interviews into the spring semester. Once a decision has been made on your file, you will receive an email from either myself or my administrative assistant, Megan Cottrell. If at any time you have any questions regarding the application process, please feel free to email me at [email protected]."

Yep!

Last year I got my interview notice a day or two before thanksgiving, so there's still hope :)

Me too!

Me three!!

I just interviewed at western university and felt the scenario questions were difficult for me. Really hoping not to blow my LMU interview too seeing as they may do that too. How did everyone prepare for those kinds of questions?

I just interviewed at western university and felt the scenario questions were difficult for me. Really hoping not to blow my LMU interview too seeing as they may do that too. How did everyone prepare for those kinds of questions?
There is not really a way to prepare for scenario questions. Just take your time. Repeat the question, so you have a little time to think about your answer. Just remember you don't need to rush.

No phone calls this weekend wishful thinking

Reactions: 3 users

Yep, right there with you. I almost had a stroke when the email popped up. While I appreciate being kept in the loop, I'd like the next communication to be either an interview invite or putting me out of my misery. I feel like I'm being strung along at this point.

Very nervous about hearing back in regards to interviews... I (accidentally) got an acceptance letter late-October without having been offered an interview. Couldn't decide whether or not to be excited or confused. Found out this week that my application was somehow also sent to the undergrad admissions office... UGH, hoping praying this doesn't effect my CVM admission's, considering its a month into interviews already :( with how busy they are, I can't get anybody to call me back and assure me that they have all of my application materials (versus the undergrad office having all of it). This process is so nerve-wracking!!!!

Did you ever hear anything back about this? I ask because it just happened to me today. I have been getting update emails so I can only imagine the CVM has my application materials but it does make me nervous. I'll make a call in the morning. :/

Anyone else hoping for some early phone calls tomorrow??? I know I am....

Anyone else hoping for some early phone calls tomorrow??? I know I am....
I would LOVE to get that phone call tomorrow but I did receive a Christmas card from them today and thought that was really thoughtful

I would LOVE to get that phone call tomorrow but I did receive a Christmas card from them today and thought that was really thoughtful
Just wondering, why tomorrow? Did call people at that time last year?

Seems like they have called on some Saturday's this year. Don't get your hopes up though.

Did anyone else receive a Seasons Greeting card from LMU? I opened it, not sure who even sent the card, and when I read it was from LMUCVM. I'm like whyyyyyyy??? I want an interview so bad (yes I am still in limbo). At least they were kind in sending out a card for the holidays.

Did anyone else receive a Seasons Greeting card from LMU? I opened it, not sure who even sent the card, and when I read it was from LMUCVM. I'm like whyyyyyyy??? I want an interview so bad (yes I am still in limbo). At least they were kind in sending out a card for the holidays.
I received mine today as well. It is a really nice of them I can't imagine how much it cost to send to all the applicants.

I got an email on Dec 16 saying that their office will be closed from Dec 22-Jan 4, and Genell will be out starting Dec 17. They have scheduled a few more interview days in January, so it will most likely be late February/early March before we get acceptance/rejection notifications.

I just got an interview invitation!!!! OMG, I think my heart is going to explode!!! :clap::clap::clap::banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: 3 users
I got an email on Dec 16 saying that their office will be closed from Dec 22-Jan 4, and Genell will be out starting Dec 17. They have scheduled a few more interview days in January, so it will most likely be late February/early March before we get acceptance/rejection notifications.
That's the same email I received. Seems they are communicating with others. I haven't received an interview invitation or even a notification that I've been wait listed for an interview. Does that mean I'm most likely rejected?

That's the same email I received. Seems they are communicating with others. I haven't received an interview invitation or even a notification that I've been wait listed for an interview. Does that mean I'm most likely rejected?
I don't know if they have sent out all the January interview invitations at once, but I would wait until Monday to be sure.

I called the other day, after the Christmas card came in, and they said they should finish interview late January (pending the weather) and will let everyone know then. So i would guess late Jan./ early Feb.

I received that same email on Wednesday and then received an invitation to interview today! Don't lose hope!!

I'm super nervous bc I did not expect to love the school so much

Last edited:
I'm super nervous because I did not expect to love this school so much. This entire process is so draining and making me very disappointed in myself. I've been waitlisted for western and only accepted to stgeorge. My stats are VERY low would anyone mind giving some input on my embarassing stats and if they think I stand a chance or am I just getting my hopes up? I know they're really low don't be afraid to be blunt.

24 y/o OOS female
Bachelors in biology
CGPA: 3.19 (I was a terrible student the first two years of college )
Science GPA:3.52
Last 45:3.66
Gre (humiliating) verbal:145 quantitative: 143
Experience :
Veterinary:
Sa: 9,000 + (working as vet assistant)

Exotics/wildlife:
496 (zoo hospital internship) + 4680 (working as vet assistant in hospital that saw exotics/avian with small animal)

LA: 44 (shadowing during equine house calls and dairy herd checks)

Also some research experience and some non veterinary animal related experience.

Lastly: I felt the interview went well but they were also really nice and everyone seemed really happy with their interview so it's hard to know how it was compared to others.

I have similar stats because I'm a non-trad student with nearly 20 years of coursework. My CGPA is 3.02 as is my last 45. My GRE is Q145, V157, AW 4.5. I've got tons of veterinary experience and some research.
When did you interview? I'm interviewing on the 15th of Jan. So excited yet nervous. I want this so bad and this school is the only one willing to take a chance on me so far.

Good luck to you !!!

I have similar stats because I'm a non-trad student with nearly 20 years of coursework. My CGPA is 3.02 as is my last 45. My GRE is Q145, V157, AW 4.5. I've got tons of veterinary experience and some research.
When did you interview? I'm interviewing on the 15th of Jan. So excited yet nervous. I want this so bad and this school is the only one willing to take a chance on me so far.

Good luck to you !!!

Edited Version:

I had asked earlier as to what date you were notified of your interview, but I saw the answer to my question not long after posting.

Last edited:
Edited Version:

I had asked earlier as to what date you were notified of your interview, but I saw the answer to my question not long after posting.
Good luck to you as well! Don't worry the people who interview you are super friendly and nice

Has anyone been accepted recently? I would love to hear from them. I know...patience patience patience

they said interviews are at the end of Jan. and they will start making decisions prob mid feb.