LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I never received an email confirming all my materials were received like some of you guys. I was verified 9/2. I did however email one of the admissions people letting them know it was verified because we were communicating already about confirming my supplemental and GRE scores.

Should I contact them about this or just be patient? ....Patience hasn't been my strong point so far. :cyclops::nailbiting:
 
I never received an email confirming all my materials were received like some of you guys. I was verified 9/2. I did however email one of the admissions people letting them know it was verified because we were communicating already about confirming my supplemental and GRE scores.

Should I contact them about this or just be patient? ....Patience hasn't been my strong point so far. :cyclops::nailbiting:
I submitted everything August 15th and was verified within a week by VMCAS, but I didn't receive conformation from LMU till September 2nd
 
I never received an email confirming all my materials were received like some of you guys. I was verified 9/2. I did however email one of the admissions people letting them know it was verified because we were communicating already about confirming my supplemental and GRE scores.

Should I contact them about this or just be patient? ....Patience hasn't been my strong point so far. :cyclops::nailbiting:

Be patient...they're getting lots of apps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all! I've been stalking the forums here for several weeks and finally decided to make a profile.

I am super excited/nervous for this process and just waiting for the confirmation email at this point!
 
Anyone know how lenient they are with who they accept LOR's from? I had plans on applying but some how totally skipped over the 1 letter needing to be written by a professor until tonight when I was looking over everything. I e-mailed admissions but obviously won't get a reply until tomorrow at least.
 
Anyone know how lenient they are with who they accept LOR's from? I had plans on applying but some how totally skipped over the 1 letter needing to be written by a professor until tonight when I was looking over everything. I e-mailed admissions but obviously won't get a reply until tomorrow at least.
I emailed them about this and they said it needs to be someone who can speak to your academic abilities. Not sure how they'll be when they actually look at them though. Maybe they will give you a break.
 
I emailed them about this and they said it needs to be someone who can speak to your academic abilities. Not sure how they'll be when they actually look at them though. Maybe they will give you a break.

Interesting. I wonder how they define that. If its a general ability to learn then I'm probably fine in if they mean in a school type setting then it probably won't be enough.

Either way, already done the supplemental app and paid that fee so might as well go through with applying anyway just to see what happens :\
 
I emailed them about this and they said it needs to be someone who can speak to your academic abilities. Not sure how they'll be when they actually look at them though. Maybe they will give you a break.

Just received the email stating that it specifically HAS to come from a professor. I guess I won't be submitting that application.
 
That sucks, sorry 🙁

Life goes on. My biggest issue is that I was only applying to 3 schools to begin with so losing out on one makes the process a bit more intimidating. Lesson learned though, be more careful with going over required documents.
 
What is the average wait time to know whether you get an interview? Will they also tell you that they are not granting an interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Life goes on. My biggest issue is that I was only applying to 3 schools to begin with so losing out on one makes the process a bit more intimidating. Lesson learned though, be more careful with going over required documents.

Just FYI-Purdue requires no work on VMCAS and also has no supplemental! They also take a good amount of OOS people! Just incase you wanted to add another school on your list and this wasn't one of them..

Same with Midwestern! No work on vmcas and no separate supplemental application.
 
Just FYI-Purdue requires no work on VMCAS and also has no supplemental! They also take a good amount of OOS people! Just incase you wanted to add another school on your list and this wasn't one of them..

Same with Midwestern! No work on vmcas and no separate supplemental application.

At this point is it even possible? Purdue requires GRE scores to be submitted today and that obviously isn't going to happen. I took it mid last month, so do you think theuy would accept it since the test was taken before today? Same goes with Midwestern but it seems like they apply before to apply directly even after the 15th deadline. Is that correct?

Oh yea, forgot to mention that I've already submitted my application for the other two. It seems like I can still add programs but I don't think I'll be able to add the additional prereqs to my transcript (I would need to add a class to spring 2017 classes to take for purdue).
 
Last edited:
At this point is it even possible? Purdue requires GRE scores to be submitted today and that obviously isn't going to happen. I took it mid last month, so do you think theuy would accept it since the test was taken before today? Same goes with Midwestern but it seems like they apply before to apply directly even after the 15th deadline. Is that correct?

Oh yea, forgot to mention that I've already submitted my application for the other two. It seems like I can still add programs but I don't think I'll be able to add the additional prereqs to my transcript (I would need to add a class to spring 2017 classes to take for purdue).



Even with the delay with ETS they both still say Sept. 15th? I know vmcas is accepting scores until the 15th of October..

Midwestern has rolling admissions, so they take applications up until March. Maybe you can submit for them?

Another FYI- a lot of schools are accepting scores up until October 1st and even through November 30th (Colorado). Still something to think about..
 
Hi everyone!!

I just finished reading the threads for c/o 2020 and I'm glad to find somebody has already made one for 2021! I just received an email that my VMCAS application has been verified. I'm already anxious.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sooo I added LMU to my list of schools super last minute (like sent everything in sept 12) and I still haven't gotten an email that they received all my things -- anybody else in this same boat?? I haven't emailed them to ask or anything cause they're probably swamped but I'm nervous!!
 
Sooo I added LMU to my list of schools super last minute (like sent everything in sept 12) and I still haven't gotten an email that they received all my things -- anybody else in this same boat?? I haven't emailed them to ask or anything cause they're probably swamped but I'm nervous!!

I would email them just to make sure and ease your nervousness! Everyone there that I have talked to is super helpful and responds within 24 hours.

I recently emailed them as well and they said they don't begin to look over applications until mid/end October!
 
I would email them just to make sure and ease your nervousness! Everyone there that I have talked to is super helpful and responds within 24 hours.

I recently emailed them as well and they said they don't begin to look over applications until mid/end October!

Arrrrggggh it really hasn't been that long, considering how drawn out this whole process is. Definitely a test of patience.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted late August and was verified early September and haven't heard anything yet. A friend of mine had a similar timeline but already received a rejection e-mail from them.
 
Do you know when they received their rejection?
Last Thursday (9/29/16) and I believe she was verified shortly after the VMCAS submission date. She also had a major error in her application so that may have prompted a faster decision on LMU's part.