LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello all! I still haven't received a verification email from LMU but I was verified on September 12. I am starting to panic a little. I called and left a voicemail about it, just to check in, but I haven't heard anything yet. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all! I still haven't received a verification email from LMU but I was verified on September 12. I am starting to panic a little. I called and left a voicemail about it, just to check in, but I haven't heard anything yet. Any suggestions?
You can try to email them as well. They've been good about responding quickly in the past for me. They probably got a large portion of their applications during those last few days before deadline though, so they might still be going through them.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my LMU interview invite! Its for the 26th though and the 25th is my birthday :sour:. Oh well, I guess traveling will be my birthday present!

Congrats!! Could you tell us when you were verified?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! I am new to the forum didn't find this awesome website until after VMCAS submission ironically but I was verified on Sept. 22 and received my interview invitation today for Oct. 26th :)

Reactions: 3 users
So my question is, has LMU sent an email stating that they have received or were processing your application aside from the mass email sent on Sept 26th?

Wondering how these interviews are being sent with those verified in July and September receiving invites around the same time... maybe it is ranking?

Hey Everyone, This is my 3rd time applying to LMU...I had an interview my 1st year and just loved it! I was wondering does the school have horse boarding?

So my question is, has LMU sent an email stating that they have received or were processing your application aside from the mass email sent on Sept 26th?

Wondering how these interviews are being sent with those verified in July and September receiving invites around the same time... maybe it is ranking?

Some of my friends received verification emails apart from the mass email

Yeah I received an email confirming they recieved my application. I got it 9/13 and was verified 9/2.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I received an email confirming they recieved my application. I got it 9/13 and was verified 9/2.

I never got one, but I applied 9/9 (was verified right after - I added LMU after I had already submitted my VMCAS app, kinda last minute) so I'm guessing that they just have a lot to slog through.

I never got one, but I applied 9/9 (was verified right after - I added LMU after I had already submitted my VMCAS app, kinda last minute) so I'm guessing that they just have a lot to slog through.
Yeah as long as you got the mass email on 9/26, I'm sure you are ok.

Anyone know how LMU calculates their science GPA? For repeated classes do they use both grades, average, or take the highest?

Hey Everyone, This is my 3rd time applying to LMU...I had an interview my 1st year and just loved it! I was wondering does the school have horse boarding?

The school doesn't offer boarding. There are a couple of stables that most people keep their horses at-one is on the way to the farm from main campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
LMU just responded to my email (within one hour) and they said that because they received so many applications the week of the VMCAS deadline they are still processing them. So, no fear for those who submitted the week of Sept 12th! Odds are they just haven't gotten to your application yet!

With that being said, I highly doubt interviews are going out based on rank considering they aren't even done processing.

The school doesn't offer boarding. There are a couple of stables that most people keep their horses at-one is on the way to the farm from main campus.

With that being said, are there any places around the school that provide riding lessons? I would like to continue riding in vet school if I can.

With that being said, are there any places around the school that provide riding lessons? I would like to continue riding in vet school if I can.

Yes-one of the stables in Middlesboro just started a "ride share" program where you pay $X per month and get to ride 1-3x/week depending on which plan you want. They also give lessons.

Sweet I definitely want to ride in vet school. I contemplated getting a horse but I think it's just too much for now.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Just got my LMU interview invite! Its for the 26th though and the 25th is my birthday :sour:. Oh well, I guess traveling will be my birthday present!
Congratulations! When did you submit your application? If you don't mind sharing... your GPA/GRE and vet hours?

Congratulations! When did you submit your application? If you don't mind sharing... your GPA/GRE and vet hours?

I submitted my application the last week of June, and got e-mail confirmation that they had received everything I think the first week of August.

My overall GPA VMCAS calculated as a 3.42, and my science GPA was a 3.27, and non-science was a 3.6.
My GRE scores where 157 Verbal and 154 Quant.
Overall vet/animal experience I have about 2,000. But thats continuously rising because I'm still volunteering a stuff. I also have 200 hours of amphibian research and non-animal volunteering at a food pantry. As well as leadership positions in the Pre-Vet club.

My GPA isn't that impressive, but hopefully LMU recognizes my experiences and how much time I've dedicated to learning about veterinary medicine. I hope I can convey that in my interview!

Reactions: 5 users
Going to meet one of the admissions counselors who's giving a presentation tonight at my school. Hoping to make a good impression!

Hello everyone, I've been following the forum for a while, but haven't posted anything until now.
I actually just got an interview invite for Nov. 2nd! :)

From talking with the admissions counselor, if you have been sent an email that your app is complete but haven't heard anything yet, that's good news! :) They sent out the first round of rejections last week. If you haven't been sent an email yet saying your app is complete, no worries!! They get about 1200 applications. It's a lot to sift through! He did say they will interview around 400 applicants and accept 115.

Reactions: 7 users
From talking with the admissions counselor, if you have been sent an email that your app is complete but haven't heard anything yet, that's good news! :) They sent out the first round of rejections last week. If you haven't been sent an email yet saying your app is complete, no worries!! They get about 1200 applications. It's a lot to sift through! He did say they will interview around 400 applicants and accept 115.
Whew! Thanks so much for the update!

Yep I was rejected on Wednesday, so if you haven't yet then you're probably good! Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone, I've been following the forum for a while, but haven't posted anything until now.

Would you mind sharing when you submitted your application and your GPA/GRE and hours? CONGRATS!

Congratulations!!

Thanks! I honestly don’t feel like my stats/GPA are the greatest. That being said, I tried to put emphasis on other areas to strengthen my application. I worked at a veterinary clinic for some time and then also have won awards in writing contests. The last probably doesn’t sound that applicable to veterinary school, but I thought it might help me look more well-rounded.

GRE: Verbal 156, Quantitative 144, Analytical writing 4.0
GPA Overall: 3.28
GPA Science: 3.37
Veterinary clinic work experience: 4,550 hours
Club member: Pre-professional Health Club
Awards: Won 2 writing contests - tied for 2nd place in one, and received honorable mention in another

Sorry, forgot to answer about when I submitted my application.
Sept 7 - submitted application/GRE scores
Sept 13 - LMU confirmed everything was received
Oct 5th - received interview invite

Just received my invitation to interview! LMU is my number one school so I'm stoked. I'll be there 11/2, anyone else?? Also, does anyone know what hotel to stay at?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
@ppl2121 Yay!!! Congrats!! When were you verified? Would you mind sharing your stats?

I was verified on VMCAS on 9/13 and received an email on 9/20 from LMU stating they received everything. Interview today 10/7. I don't know my exact stats but they were approximently:

Cum: 3.5
Science 3.3
Last 45: 3.7
GRE: 153, 153, 4

I don't know my hours off the top of my head! I have a lot of leadership and volunteering. I like to tell myself I'm well rounded since I don't have too strong of a GPA but have hours and extra curricular. I'm rooting for all of you!!!

Just received my invitation to interview! LMU is my number one school so I'm stoked. I'll be there 11/2, anyone else?? Also, does anyone know what hotel to stay at?

I would recommend staying in Middlesboro KY.

Anyone else interviewing on Oct 26th?! Can't wait to meet (hopefully) future classmates!

Any current LMU students have some interview tips, and advice on questions they may ask? Theres nothing in the interview section of SDN for LMU.

Startin' to sweat over here :nailbiting:

Any current LMU students have some interview tips, and advice on questions they may ask? Theres nothing in the interview section of SDN for LMU.

Just be yourself! Seriously! The interviews are really laidback. You have two interviewers and 20 minutes. It is a blind interview, so they never went over your application beforehand. They have a set of questions they can pick from, but mostly they want to know what kind of person you are, what you have done, what your goals are, etc. Make sure you are well rested and have some questions for them in mind. The 20 minutes goes by really fast. I was really nervous going in but my interviewers made me feel really comfortable, and I wished I had more than 20minutes.
As long as you can explain your experiences and you have some idea about your goals as a vet, you'll do great
Good luck, y'all!!

You will be fine :)
I interviewed at LMU, Iowa and Illinois and of the three I found LMU to be the most laid back and the least stressful (If you can believe that!) . It is really comfortable and you have nothing to worry about!!

You will be fine :)
I interviewed at LMU, Iowa and Illinois and of the three I found LMU to be the most laid back and the least stressful (If you can believe that!) . It is really comfortable and you have nothing to worry about!!
Just be yourself! Seriously! The interviews are really laidback. You have two interviewers and 20 minutes. It is a blind interview, so they never went over your application beforehand. They have a set of questions they can pick from, but mostly they want to know what kind of person you are, what you have done, what your goals are, etc. Make sure you are well rested and have some questions for them in mind. The 20 minutes goes by really fast. I was really nervous going in but my interviewers made me feel really comfortable, and I wished I had more than 20minutes.
As long as you can explain your experiences and you have some idea about your goals as a vet, you'll do great
Good luck, y'all!!

Ok, good to hear! That seems to be what SGU was like, Midwestern had some info on us when we went into the interview. I feel better being able to talk about my experiences and bring up what I really want to talk about rather then have them pick ones to talk about. I think what messed up my Midwestern interview was my answer for a hypothetical question about a laceration. I kicked myself when I walked out!

Ok, good to hear! That seems to be what SGU was like, Midwestern had some info on us when we went into the interview. I feel better being able to talk about my experiences and bring up what I really want to talk about rather then have them pick ones to talk about. I think what messed up my Midwestern interview was my answer for a hypothetical question about a laceration. I kicked myself when I walked out!
I am a second year so it may have changed but at the end of my interview they asked if there was anything else I would like them to know that had not been addressed in my other interview questions, so you will probably get a chance to share any unique things about yourself! :)

Good Luck!

Does anyone know if they use electives in the science GPA calculations?

Inquired about app status and received this: "We are still in the process of reviewing each application - this take longer than you can imagine! We received a record number of applications this year and we have a very small department. We will be contacting students throughout the semester once their application has been reviewed." o_O

Inquired about app status and received this: "We are still in the process of reviewing each application - this take longer than you can imagine! We received a record number of applications this year and we have a very small department. We will be contacting students throughout the semester once their application has been reviewed." o_O

I spoke with Jordan Noble a few weeks ago and he said that they only have three people who review the applications. So I can only imagine how long it will take to review all of the applications this year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello all! I am new to the forum didn't find this awesome website until after VMCAS submission ironically but I was verified on Sept. 22 and received my interview invitation today for Oct. 26th :)

I had to reschedule my interview around a conference so I am now joining the November 2nd group!

Interviewing on November 9th, looking forward to meeting some future classmates

I just got invited for an interview this morning. I wanted to post my stats for those of y'all still waiting.

GPA 3.78
Vet hours: approx 500 (includes large, small, research, & zoo)
Animal hours: approx 1000

Reactions: 4 users
I was just reading through the interview packet and I noticed it mentioned that they changed the format of interview this year. It says we will be meeting individually with four faculty members throughout a 32 minute interview. So does that mean we meet with each member individually for 8 minutes, or do we have four people in one room interviewing us for 32 minutes? I know it sounds stupid to ask but I want to be prepared for it haha.

I was just reading through the interview packet and I noticed it mentioned that they changed the format of interview this year. It says we will be meeting individually with four faculty members throughout a 32 minute interview. So does that mean we meet with each member individually for 8 minutes, or do we have four people in one room interviewing us for 32 minutes? I know it sounds stupid to ask but I want to be prepared for it haha.

You will be meeting 4 separate interviewers for 6 minutes each + 2 minutes for transition. The questions will be similar styles to previous years-behavioral, not a true MMI.

You will be meeting 4 separate interviewers for 6 minutes each + 2 minutes for transition. The questions will be similar styles to previous years-behavioral, not a true MMI.
Thanks for your input, do you know if we will be introducing ourselves anew to each interviewer, or will they all be watching us, and just taking turns?