LMU c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could somebody give me advice for the interview? I am getting so nervous

Be prepared for a short time limit & have some answers to basic behavioral questions planned out ahead so you’ll have an answer ready when they ask! Easier said than done I know, but just be yourself & you’ll do great!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Be prepared for a short time limit & have some answers to basic behavioral questions planned out ahead so you’ll have an answer ready when they ask! Easier said than done I know, but just be yourself & you’ll do great!
Thank you! Do you know if the interview is close or open filed?

For those of you who have interviews, when did you take the Casper? Took the Casper on the last available day but wondering if they’re all finished with interview requests.
I sent an email into the admissions team at LMU and apparently, they plan to send out interview requests through the end of January.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an email into the admissions team at LMU and apparently, they plan to send out interview requests through the end of January.
Thank you for the info! That is good to know.

Does anyone know if they are accepting Pass/Fail grades for Fall 2020?

Hi guys! I was just wondering what your portals look like. Mine has an error saying that the deadline has passed to submit my application but I remember filling it out and turning it in. So does everyone’s look like this before they get an interview or did my application not go through? :(

Hi guys! I was just wondering what your portals look like. Mine has an error saying that the deadline has passed to submit my application but I remember filling it out and turning it in. So does everyone’s look like this before they get an interview or did my application not go through? :(
Mine says “verified and under review.” Has yours always said that?

My portal updated with a large dial that said "100% complete" once I submitted their supplemental app. It says "Doctor of Veterinary Medicine- Submitted" below the dial and then "Congratulations! Your application is under review." below that. This is how my portal has looked ever since I submitted their supplemental.

Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest, I forgot we had a portal. I was reminded about it when I saw someone mention it on the facebook page and this is the first time I looked at it since I thought I submitted it back in August. I just feel like an idiot, its so hard to keep tabs on which school is using what. I guess it didn't go through and its probably way to late to even try to fix it. Thank you guys

To be honest, I forgot we had a portal. I was reminded about it when I saw someone mention it on the facebook page and this is the first time I looked at it since I thought I submitted it back in August. I just feel like an idiot, its so hard to keep tabs on which school is using what. I guess it didn't go through and its probably way to late to even try to fix it. Thank you guys
You can always try reaching out to them. From what I remember, the supplemental application only took me 10 minutes to fill out. It was all pretty basic information and paying the $50 supplemental fee. It’s not like you didn’t submit any extra essays or anything like that.

So, I finished my interview..

It was rough.

I got through the questions but I certainly feel like I went through them way too fast. I’m thinking that is not such a good thing. I really liked LMU, I truly hope I didn’t blow it! :shrug:

Reactions: 1 users

It was rough.

I got through the questions but I certainly feel like I went through them way too fast. I’m thinking that is not such a good thing. I really liked LMU, I truly hope I didn’t blow it! :shrug:
I feel you on that. The people I interviewed were stone-wall emotionless and felt really distant. I see people saying that their experience was warm and nice, but the interview with them felt so short and cold. I don't know whether or not they were supposed to be like that but I felt like I gave them the wrong answers due to their lack of responses.
I'm sure you did well though. Only time will tell now :)

I finished my interview today as well. Honestly, I think I did okay? I thought the interview went by smoothly and I was able to answer all of the questions without being cut off. I feel like me and the interviewers were vibing, but again who knows lol. My interviewers were really friendly! I felt like a rambled on some and I had to even take a step back to breathe for one sec then go back to answering. My advice is to practice!! Look over ethical questions then practice in front of a mirror with a timer going on. One of my friends who is a third-year vet student told me to "pretend like these people are your best friends because then your best personality comes out." I am crossing my fingers for good news at this point.

It was rough.

I was in the same boat. I'm still waiting to hear back.

It's very weird to have an interview where they do not ask follow up questions or try to form a conversation out of the interview. I feel like when I tried to make it more of a conversation, I was shut down by their next question. I don't think it really means anything. I think they were just trying to get through all of the questions that they could with their limited time. Making it more of a conversation and showing their personalities would have taken longer and limited the number of interviews that could get through a day.

I'm sure you did great. Try not to think too much about it. I know after my interview, I couldn't stop thinking about it and worrying that I said something wrong due to their lack of response. Just try to relax and enjoy the holidays.

Reactions: 2 users
I had my interview on Monday and I think it went pretty well. I ended up only having one interviewer and he was really friendly. Most of the questions were ethical questions, except for the last one. That one kind of threw me for a loop. Hopefully, it wasn't my lasting impression on him.

OOS ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!!!! IM LEGIT CRYING RN IM GONNA BE A VET!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats everyone who was accepted! I just got an OOS acceptance! Depending on how thing go we may be classmates!

Reactions: 5 users
OOS Acceptance!!! Congrats everyone! Keep your head up everyone who didn't hear anything, I believe in you!

I guess it doesn't matter if I am IS or OOS for LMU haha

Also I interviewed in October, so try not to stress if you interviewed later!

Just got an acceptance email!!

OOS acceptance! Congrats to everyone and good luck to everyone still interviewing!

OOS ACCEPTANCE!!! I have never been so excited!! Congrats to everyone and good luck to those who are still interviewing!!

Reactions: 3 users
Did all of y'all who got accepted interview in October/November?

I finished my interview today as well. Honestly, I think I did okay? I thought the interview went by smoothly and I was able to answer all of the questions without being cut off. I feel like me and the interviewers were vibing, but again who knows lol. My interviewers were really friendly! I felt like a rambled on some and I had to even take a step back to breathe for one sec then go back to answering. My advice is to practice!! Look over ethical questions then practice in front of a mirror with a timer going on. One of my friends who is a third-year vet student told me to "pretend like these people are your best friends because then your best personality comes out." I am crossing my fingers for good news at this point.
Congratulations on getting through the interview! I’m sure it went great. Do you recall how many questions they asked?

Congratulations on getting through the interview! I’m sure it went great. Do you recall how many questions they asked?
I got asked about 7 questions. Some being ethical, some being behavioral and one random one.

OOS acceptance! I interviewed on 10/5!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Thank you! Like @savethecows said, I got about 7 questions and one random one. The best advice I can give you is study and smile even if you messed up haha! :laugh: I studied about 97 ethical questions (don't judge lol) then timed myself in the mirror while answering the questions lol. I feel like I was prepared and I even had one minute to spare. My experience was very smooth and welcoming and I even had a brief conversation with them after (I asked them a question) before we were cut off due to time. :(

CONGRATS THOSE WHO GOT ACCEPTED! YOU ALL DESERVE IT THROUGH YOUR HARD WORK! I interviewed on the 14th of this month so I feel like I won't hear back till later :(

Congrats everyone!! I hope I get an interview invite, this wait is killing me :scared:

Does anyone know any current students that could answer some questions about the program and school?

Congrats everyone! And for those of you still waiting remember until you get a rejection you are still in the running. Stay positive!

Something else that I thought of (I interviewed on 10/5), and while I of course prepared by reviewing some questions and doing a little mock interview, I actually did not get through all of my questions (I think I had 12 that I was asked) with the actual LMU interviewers, and I did not get to ask them any questions about the school. I was actually cut out during answering a question at the 15 minute mark

I was much more focused on giving solid answers with my personal experiences and trying to connect with the interviewers than I was about being totally prompt. I definitely connected to with the Vet who was interviewing me and he actually started telling me about his own experience (which of course sucked up some time) but I think it was worth it.

I felt so-so about the interview overall bc I knew I didn't finish everything. Hopefully this gives some people who experienced something similar to me some peace of mind. In my opinion, It isn't always about answering each question, rather the quality of information you give and how you communicate it

Does anyone know any current students that could answer some questions about the program and school?

Congrats everyone! And for those of you still waiting remember until you get a rejection you are still in the running. Stay positive!
Hey! I’m a current 2nd year and would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the school :)

Does anyone know when LMU sends another wave of acceptance? I interviewed on December 14th so I just want to know when we might hear back.

Hey! I’m a current 2nd year and would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the school :)

Thank you very much! I’m new to this online platform. Is there a way to message you? Thanks

Does anyone know when LMU sends another wave of acceptance? I interviewed on December 14th so I just want to know when we might hear back.
They said they're going to send 50 early acceptances by the end of this month and then the other 75 will come through March

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed Monday and did the Q and A Wednesday. They said they were sending out 75 acceptance letters in December then start to send the rest out in January thru April. Hopefully everyone gets good news to bring in the New Year! I will post when I hear something else or get an offer. Good luck to all the applicants and let's just keep the board up to date so we all know when they start to make some moves.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed Monday and did the Q and A Wednesday. They said they were sending out 75 acceptance letters in December then start to send the rest out in January thru April. Hopefully everyone gets good news to bring in the New Year! I will post when I hear something else or get an offer. Good luck to all the applicants and let's just keep the board up to date so we all know when they start to make some moves.
So do you think they will send out more seats this month or did they do them all today?