LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

Started by hw13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yeah I heard ~600 last year but I am pretty sure somebody said that on the forums last year, so not sure how accurate it is. They’re probably doing a lot more this year considering they’re welcoming an additional 100 in January.
 
Will the Jan start class be smaller than the fall start class? Also I’m not sure how many of you have an IS school, but did you guys mark that you’re interested in the Jan date even if you’re waiting to hear from your #1 or IS school?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will the Jan start class be smaller than the fall start class? Also I’m not sure how many of you have an IS school, but did you guys mark that you’re interested in the Jan date even if you’re waiting to hear from your #1 or IS school?

I marked no interest in the spring class, because I graduate in the spring and would like to hear back from the other schools I applied to. I feel like the January cohort might be a good option for people who have already finished their degree and/or didn’t get in last cycle.
 
Will the Jan start class be smaller than the fall start class? Also I’m not sure how many of you have an IS school, but did you guys mark that you’re interested in the Jan date even if you’re waiting to hear from your #1 or IS school?
I also marked no because I have one class left for prerequisites. Also I already paid for my next semester of school where I'm at now. This makes me wonder since we already interviewed is there a chance we could here back sometime in Nov/Dec about acceptance for fall classes like they have in past years.
 
Will the Jan start class be smaller than the fall start class? Also I’m not sure how many of you have an IS school, but did you guys mark that you’re interested in the Jan date even if you’re waiting to hear from your #1 or IS school?
They were approved to accept 100 for the spring cohort and fall will be 125
 
Will the Jan start class be smaller than the fall start class? Also I’m not sure how many of you have an IS school, but did you guys mark that you’re interested in the Jan date even if you’re waiting to hear from your #1 or IS school?
Even if you marked interested you have the option between Jan or Aug if accepted
 
For anyone that has been interviewed yet, was the scenario presented to you while you were already in the room with them or before you enter the room? I know it says you have 2 minutes to review the scenario, just wanted to know if they would be staring at us during that time haha. Thanks in advance!
 
For anyone that has been interviewed yet, was the scenario presented to you while you were already in the room with them or before you enter the room? I know it says you have 2 minutes to review the scenario, just wanted to know if they would be staring at us during that time haha. Thanks in advance!
When you’re in the room
 
Hello all! I am a first time OOS- I have not received any notification of interview or denial. I logged into my portal today and it says that my deadline is Nov 30, 2022- any ideas what it is a deadline for?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The MyLMU thing where you had to pay the supplemental fee- it has status updates on it
I hadn't looked at that portal before but mine says the same thing. I interviewed already and it doesn't have anything on the portal about that, I think they might just be updating via email
 
Ugh I’m so sad I can’t make it to the visitation🥺 if you guys get any additional info when you go could you please share 🙏🏻
 
For those who have already interviewed, do we have 2 minutes to read the question/jot down notes before we begin speaking? Is it awkward to write out our thoughts???
 
Done with my interview too. Anyone else feel it wasn't the best but not the worst either? Just waiting now, but hopefully we hear back soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got done with mine. I thought my first scenario went really well and the other two I felt a little less confident on but oh well it’s over now. Hopefully we’ll all hear back soon!
 
I wonder what it means if we haven’t heard anything by now. I haven’t gotten a rejection or an interview offer yet. Maybe no news is good news.
 
I wonder what it means if we haven’t heard anything by now. I haven’t gotten a rejection or an interview offer yet. Maybe no news is good news.
LMU interviews are usually until February. The addition of the spring cohort is making them ramp up interviews but I feel like they will continue to interview until then for fall
 
For those of you who are interested in the January start date do you guys all live around the area?
 
For those that have interviewed, are all questions Casper based or do we get to talk to them about personal things like our reasonings for choosing them? Also, did you guys have time to ask questions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I personally felt like I had a decent amount of time to talk to them and have them answer my questions. I really enjoyed the process and am appreciative of this experience.
 
that makes me sad, i want to ask questions and get to talk to them like a human being lmao. I did terrible in the casper so i’m doomed hahaha.
I had time to ask each interviewer questions about school, after Casper like questions they asked, this way you can show your personality, all people were nice and I didn’t feel any pressure or shortage of time. Good luck.
 
that makes me sad, i want to ask questions and get to talk to them like a human being lmao. I did terrible in the casper so i’m doomed hahaha.
Like yelenaMV said, I also had time to ask questions and felt like there wasn't too much pressure. What really helps about these interview questions is that they're oriented towards vet med (unlike the Casper), so if you have a good amount of experience, you may find that you've encountered similar situations and will be able to draw from those to answer the questions pretty succinctly, leaving you with some time at the end.

I totally bombed my Casper, but I feel like I did fairly well with the interview - I hope you end up feeling the same!