Loma Linda Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they're still conducting interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard if they're making phone calls today? I'm praying for a phone call, after a 2/21 interview. No phone call friday.

Has anyone heard if they're making phone calls today? I'm praying for a phone call, after a 2/21 interview. No phone call friday.

same boat as you...same interview day, same waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
me too. (i.e., interviewed on the 21st and am praying diligently).

Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." <-- doing good on the second part, struggling with the first.

me too. (i.e., interviewed on the 21st and am praying diligently).

Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." <-- doing good on the second part, struggling with the first.

Hey X, I was gonna write a post whining about how I interviewed on jan 10 and still havent heard anything...but your post set me straight. Got to give it up to God, its in His hands now. Thanks buddy!

I interviewed on Jan 24 and still haven't heard anything...lets all hope they keep making a lot of phone calls!!

Does anyone know if they're still conducting interviews?

I know that my friend is interviewing at Loma Linda today.

I hope that Dr. Nyiradi didn't get to all the phone calls last Friday, and is too busy with the interview day today, and therefore he'll call those of us who have been waiting tomorrow. :luck:

My pre-med advisor once said the before May 15th like 90% of the spots in the US are held by 10% of the applicants, and that a LOT happens after May 15th when people can only hold one spot...so I just keep trying to patiently tell myself that good things come to those who wait, but yes I hope more phone calls go out this week!

Hey guys, hang in there, I will be praying for all of you as you all seem dedicated to Loma Linda and thats the kind of person they want!

Anyways I started a new thread for the Class of 2013, but no one decided to post there, so we will keep it here...

I was just wondering, for those who got the call and were accepted, should I expect a packet in the mail? And how long did it take to get you? Thanks!

I was at Loma Linda today and dropped by the admissions office; nobody was in, and I was told that Dr. Nyiradi is out of town. I was also told that the school will likely be interviewing candidates through the end of April, for any of you who are still holding out for that interview (she--a secretary, not Lenoa--told me this to encourage me, not realizing that I have already had my interview as of Jan. 24 and am waiting to get that yea or nay). So, take that for whatever it's worth. If God wants you in at Loma Linda, you find me the admissions committee that could keep you out... Best of luck to everyone.:thumbup:

If Dr. Nyiradi is out of town, and wasn't able to finish the phone calls, could it be possible that some people who were accepted might get the acceptance packet before the phone call? Can you tell I'm desperate for some sliver of hope?

I was at Loma Linda today and dropped by the admissions office; nobody was in, and I was told that Dr. Nyiradi is out of town. I was also told that the school will likely be interviewing candidates through the end of April, for any of you who are still holding out for that interview (she--a secretary, not Lenoa--told me this to encourage me, not realizing that I have already had my interview as of Jan. 24 and am waiting to get that yea or nay). So, take that for whatever it's worth. If God wants you in at Loma Linda, you find me the admissions committee that could keep you out... Best of luck to everyone.:thumbup:

when i went in for my interview today, i found that i was the only one scheduled. kinda awkward... i saw no students and there was no tour. the admissions office lady said i was their 'special' applicant. haha but it literally felt like i was the very last candidate they are interviewing this app cycle.

good to hear that they're interviewing through april. good luck everyone.

hey socaldoc, i interviewed on jan. 10 too, and still waiting for response...hopin for both of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr Nyriadi called on Firday, but I was unable to pick up the phone.
I called back on Monday, but was told he is out of town and that he won't be back this week.
I was told to call back Thursday-today, to speak with someone about the call. But I received a packet yesterday with the acceptance letter.
So I won't be calling.
God is so good.

Does anyone know what happens to those of us who have obviously been passed on in the adcom meetings? Is there a final meeting where they sort all the second choice applicants into accepted/waitlisted/rejected categories or even perhaps, waitlisted/rejected categories? It doesn't seem like anyone has been rejected outright yet, so how do they do this?

XT777

Congratulations on your acceptance. Haven't heard anything here, so I will have to resign myself to attending a non-SDA med school. It's a sad day. It had felt so right.

Congratulations on your acceptance. Haven't heard anything here, so I will have to resign myself to attending a non-SDA med school. It's a sad day. It had felt so right.

Considering LLU interviews until the end of April, isn't it a bit premature to take the lack of news from LLU as an implied rejection? From what I recall, my interviewer said that they re-evaluate applicants who have been passed over at each successive meeting, and as spots open up (past May 15).

when i went in for my interview today, i found that i was the only one scheduled. kinda awkward... i saw no students and there was no tour. the admissions office lady said i was their 'special' applicant. haha but it literally felt like i was the very last candidate they are interviewing this app cycle.

good to hear that they're interviewing through april. good luck everyone.
I had the same experience. It did not feel awckward it is just that I do not have a meeting with students or a tour of facilities on which to base my decision. However, the the place just 'felt right' to me, it is difficult to explain.

its been 8 weeks as of today since my interview...ah! i hate waiting. it is so frustrating. i want to know so i can celebrate with friends and family

So, does anyone know if the adcom is still only going to be meeting once a month? I hope that they start convening a little more frequently than that since deposits at another school are going to be due soon and I'd hate to waste all that money...

Does anyone know what happens to those of us who have obviously been passed on in the adcom meetings? Is there a final meeting where they sort all the second choice applicants into accepted/waitlisted/rejected categories or even perhaps, waitlisted/rejected categories? It doesn't seem like anyone has been rejected outright yet, so how do they do this?

XT777
Last year, their April meeting was the very last one where they considered everyone either accepted, waitlisted or rejected. But if they are interviewing still in April, I'm not sure how things will change. But normally the way it goes is that if they like you enough not to reject you, you will be re-evaluated in every adcomm meeting. My wife interviewed in October and didn't find out until April, which means that she was reevaluated and reevaluated and reevaluated many times. Trust me guys...its not over until you get the rejection letter.

First off...DoctaJay, You Rock! Thanks for all your insight. I hope that test week went well for you.

Second, have they sent rejections to any intervewees? It seems like they are storing up all the rejections up until some later date...

Verse of the day: I Thessalonians 5:16, "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

I just received a call from Lenoa Edwards asking for dates in early April that I could come down and re-interview. I am so happy!

And for those who are whining about not hearing anything, I interviewed way back in November, and this is the first I've heard remotely anything. Oh, and I did send a LOI a few weeks ago, so I would highly recommend that to any of you still waiting. Hmmmm, maybe that LOI is what did it?

So it's not an acceptance, but it's something! But now I have no clue as to how to prepare for this second interview!!! Will they ask the same questions? I have never heard of schools re-interviewing.

Ideally I will be interviewing on March 31 or April 2. Oh man......so shocked. Looks like I will be spending spring break preparing answers, but i don't care, cause I'm happy!

I just received a call from Lenoa Edwards asking for dates in early April that I could come down and re-interview. I am so happy!

And for those who are whining about not hearing anything, I interviewed way back in November, and this is the first I've heard remotely anything. Oh, and I did send a LOI a few weeks ago, so I would highly recommend that to any of you still waiting. Hmmmm, maybe that LOI is what did it?

So it's not an acceptance, but it's something! But now I have no clue as to how to prepare for this second interview!!! Will they ask the same questions? I have never heard of schools re-interviewing.

Ideally I will be interviewing on March 31 or April 2. Oh man......so shocked. Looks like I will be spending spring break preparing answers, but i don't care, cause I'm happy!

RE-INTERVIEW? wow, I've never heard of that! Obviously, I wish you the best of luck with that, but honestly, I'm beginning to question how well LLU has their stuff together. I mean, so far I've heard of someone getting an interview invite after they had already interviewed (to my knowledge this was not a re-interview, LLU appearently somehow overlooked the fact that they had already interviewed) and someone getting an acceptance AFTER they already WITHDREW! Now they are re-interviewing? Don't get me wrong, I love LLU and want to go there more than anything, I just feel uneasy about how well things appear to be going over there. idk, thats just my 2 cents...Again, Aqua, I wish you the best of luck! (didnt want there to be confusion if there seemed to be a negative tone in there lol)

RE-INTERVIEW? ... I'm beginning to question how well LLU has their stuff together...

It certainly is strange, but is it possible that one interviewer gave aquabatch stellar remarks, while the other gave him/her a poor evaluation? I know Rosalind Franklin asks you to wait while they get a preliminary score from your two interviewers before you leave. If the two scores vary by a significant amount, they ask you to interview a third time with another interviewer.

I would like to think that this is the case (significant and irreconcilable differences in interviewer evaluations) that they're asking aquabatch to re-interview, than to think of the alternative (e.g. they lost the evaluations). Also, I think if you fly down to do the re-interview, that you are showing quite a bit of dedication and persistence, and they should certainly take that into account.

Good luck! I'm still waiting for my decision, and if they want to re-interview me, I'm game! :luck:

I just received a call from Lenoa Edwards asking for dates in early April that I could come down and re-interview.

Did she say "re-interview" or did you just assume it was a re-interview b/c you have been interviewed already. With they way it sounds, they might have thought they never interviewed you and your LOI sparked their interest. Just trying to help figure it out. Good luck regardless

Did she say "re-interview" or did you just assume it was a re-interview b/c you have been interviewed already. With they way it sounds, they might have thought they never interviewed you and your LOI sparked their interest. Just trying to help figure it out. Good luck regardless

I believe her exact words (since I was kind of in shock so I don't completely remember) were "would you like to interview again?", which is not the same as "re-interview". So she sounded as if she knew I had interviewed before. Either way it is confirmed for April 7 (they had me give them dates I was available, which I thought was odd).

I still have no idea what to expect. My advisor said to just prepare like I did for my first one. I have a feeling I'm in a very unique position! I hope they didn't lose my evaluations like an above poster stated. And I honestly felt that my first interview went really well and I connected with both interviewers, but who knows? I don't think I can afford another flight for a third interview =P , but I would try anyway!

So I just received my financial aid award letter today. Does anyone find it odd that I got this in March when 1) financial aid packages supposedly don't come out until June and 2) I haven't been accepted (yet)? I can only hope this is a good sign.

So I just received my financial aid award letter today. Does anyone find it odd that I got this in March when 1) financial aid packages supposedly don't come out until June and 2) I haven't been accepted (yet)? I can only hope this is a good sign.

wow that is a bit odd. I would definitely call them. My aid application has been complete for a few weeks and I recently got the packet stating that the award wouldn't be given until June. :confused:

wow that is a bit odd. I would definitely call them. My aid application has been complete for a few weeks and I recently got the packet stating that the award wouldn't be given until June. :confused:

I dont understand how we are supposed to make decisions by May 15th if we don't get our award package until June?
What's up with that? :thumbdown:

for the people who have filled out aid applications...Are you sitting on any acceptances? I currently have none, thus haven't looked at aid yet. Should I start doing that even if Loma Linda is the only place I have a chance at, and haven't heard anything from them? advice please....

for the people who have filled out aid applications...Are you sitting on any acceptances? I currently have none, thus haven't looked at aid yet. Should I start doing that even if Loma Linda is the only place I have a chance at, and haven't heard anything from them? advice please....

I don't have any acceptances, but have filled out my FAFSA and forms for other schools in which I have interviewed at or that have asked me to fill out forms...there is a priority due date for certain types of finaid--March 2nd for Calgrants-- so you should jump on that this weekend. I think at the LLU interview, they said that LLU's own personal cut-off for priority aid was early in April...(i.e. LLU specific loans, scholarships, etc.). Can someone else confirm that April date with me? LLU has a finaid test you have to take as well (takes about 30 minutes) in addition to the other forms.

also did you guys/girls fill out the parent part of the FAFSA? my parents make some good money and i got nothing for college, i know for LLU they need it but i dont see LLU giving me anything...thoughts?

also did you guys/girls fill out the parent part of the FAFSA? my parents make some good money and i got nothing for college, i know for LLU they need it but i dont see LLU giving me anything...thoughts?
St. Louis University told me even though your parents income makes you ineligible for financial aid, (I heard laughter when they heard the parental income) that the FAFSA is used to get loans. However just because your parents have money doesn't mean they will pay for all of your education. I have no idea what the deadline is this year, but they said should you need to take out loans in the future, that you can fill out the FAFSA at any time in the future. For some reason I was thinking it was the end of this month. It's worth looking into, as there are some loans that don't start accumulating interest until graduation. Check out www.finaid.org and use their calculators, as I believe your status changes as a grad student vs. undergrad. I hope that helps.

Game Over.

My rejection letter must have crossed paths with my intent letter mid air. Anyone know if appealing has ever worked! Maybe they'll read my intent letter and change their mind. LOL.

Game Over.

My rejection letter must have crossed paths with my intent letter mid air. Anyone know if appealing has ever worked! Maybe they'll read my intent letter and change their mind. LOL.

I'm sorry Med. I pray that another door opens for you.

weird, same thing, i got the financial aid award before any acceptance. but the award says i get 50,000 in loans? is that right? how do they notify you of acceptance?

Game Over.

sorry dude, I have never heard of an appeal or even of it working...who knows what the LOI will do...hope another school comes through for you

I asked the Financial Aid office the same thing, and they said the award is of course contingent on matriculating at Loma Linda.

My entire cost of attendance will be covered through three different kind of loans, the Subsidized Stafford (maxed out at $8,500/year), Unsubsidized Stafford, and the School of Medicine Loan (which is an institutional loan, with interest fixed at 8% during repayment). The SOM loan does not accrue interest while enrolled in school and can be deferred throughout the residency years with no interest accrual--sounds pretty sweet!

Although it seems that the Financial Aid office is pre-awarding applicants even before acceptance, it's hard for me to believe they would go through all that trouble for all the applicants, many of whom may never gain acceptance. I really hope this means good news is on its way...

weird, same thing, i got the financial aid award before any acceptance. but the award says i get 50,000 in loans? is that right? how do they notify you of acceptance?

Rejection letter arrived today from LLU. There will be yet another SDA doctor, just not trained at LLU.

So sorry to hear about the rejections, but I'm glad you have someplace else to go. I hope this isn't the beginning of a long string of rejections. :scared:

I'm sorry MSM. Will you be going to St. Louis?

Is it weird that they are rejecting people separately from wait listing or accepting people? I keep thinking I will find out (any of the three ways) this week with the news of rejections going out

just called for a "status update" (aka am I rejected as well call) and I was told I was STILL under review...so the waiting game continues

Yes!! It's time to look forward -- God leads us places for a reason.

Apparently we were a shady bunch of applicants on our interview day. I know a few from our day that were rejected, some that still haven't a clue what's going on, and none that were accepted. St. Loius knows a good thing :)

Good Luck and God Bless!