You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Magical WW Signups and Game Thread
Started by hazelmoo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven't since you posted not to, been trying to use my powers for good 😀Do not protect me, my feek, it is a waste. I want to wait on raf; I will know more tn.
Cleared after the first conversion? Or a possible first convert?Raf was one of the earlier clears, possible that the feek got converted since. The feek will be verified again by me one way or another this evenin'.
Raf doesn't come across at all wolfy in PM, but it's a lot easier for me to put all my faith in you when you sound more infallibly confident. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If raf or LIS are a wolf, they're either the second convert (if there is a second convert), or STL is playing us. If STL is playing us, I think the village has already lost, and we just don't know we're dead.
If STL isn't playing us, then either Hayley or I is the first convert, and we know 100% for sure that there is a first convert, because otherwise the game would be over (or we're back to STL playing us).
So you can choose to take the chance that there is a second convert, and hope to guess who it is. Or you can take the certainty that there is a first convert, and hope to guess who it is.
I think it makes no sense to be tracking down some hypothetical second convert when we know there's a first one, no more than it would make sense to be tracking down a hypothetical first convert when you know there's an original.
Well if this is true, I guess at least when I turn up villager (assuming you're also villager) that you need to stop trusting chaos.
Is this really a 100% clear though? You mentioned earlier in regards to hayley that wolves sometimes lose their abilities when converted. So if LIS was converted, it's possible it would be without the lynch avoidance.
LIS was someone that I was wondering about as a possible convert before genny went down because he seemed so preoccupied with chaos even while we had known wolves on the radar. I just assumed this morning when you stated it was probably hayley or ally that you had cleared him.
Ok, but there's a bunch of ifs in there. IF I was converted and IF I lost my ability upon conversion ..... you're looking for zebras instead of horses to go that route. Sure, it's all possible. But it's low odds. Play the odds.
Additionally, where is this thinking (you aren't the only person that said it) that I've been ultra concerned with neutrals for a while? I <just today> have pushed to lynch one of them, and I landed on Dy because a) I know for a fact STL was attacked two nights ago, and b) I know nothing about Dy other than what she's claimed.
It's a pretty big stretch to say I have been hugely concerned with neutrals/chaos. I am <now> concerned with them because of the way the numbers look to me, but hell ---- I usually am MUCH MUCH MUCH more aggressive about wanting to lynch neutrals the second I know who they are. For two reasons: 1) They AREN'T VILLAGERS. No matter how much Dy wants to say things like "for all practical purposes I'm a villager" that just isn't true. They almost never (contrary to what STL tried to imply) count for villager numbers. 2) Because of exactly this situation where we're now in an end-game with a whollllllle lot of uncertainty about how much we can trust them. Easier to blow them out of the game early and then have a simpler end-game to worry about.
If <anything> I've been far LESS concerned about them this game than my usual play style.
I'm still the village fairy, I protected LIS last night, I wasn't sure who to protect, I think I still trust LIS, so that's who I went with. With the STL clear today I'm happy I took that chance. Maybe LIS can verify? I protected STL a while ago, and would continue to do so, except he posted on the thread that he didn't need it.
When I was protected earlier in the game by DVMD, I was told I was protected.
I was not told I was protected last night.
Maybe that's a mod inconsistency, but from where I'm sitting it looks a little bit like raf might be lying, too. I'm not sure which is more likely.
Yep. But since I'd be the obvious next lynch, it's not like anyone would listen to me then, and when I died as a villager, it would be even more too late.Well if this is true, I guess at least when I turn up villager (assuming you're also villager) that you need to stop trusting chaos.
I'm a sucker for a good line of reasoning, as dy saw last game. [emoji14] But I really do think that trusting chaos is our best bet here, because we've got no useful information other than what we're getting from them.
But I really do think that trusting chaos is our best bet here, because we've got no useful information other than what we're getting from them.
This comment is almost enough to make me unlynch Dy and lynch allyphoe.
Trust chaos? That's amusing.
No useful information? You've got a game full of posts.
I did mention earlier in the game that AM was not notified when I protected her, that's why Genny was saying she didn't trust me. I was honestly just hoping right now that AM was lying for some reason and that you would be notified. It would also be stupid of me if I were a wolf to gamble saying that on the thread... If you lynch me, you're taking out a villager.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Ok, but there's a bunch of ifs in there. IF I was converted and IF I lost my ability upon conversion ..... you're looking for zebras instead of horses to go that route. Sure, it's all possible. But it's low odds. Play the odds.
Additionally, where is this thinking (you aren't the only person that said it) that I've been ultra concerned with neutrals for a while? I <just today> have pushed to lynch one of them, and I landed on Dy because a) I know for a fact STL was attacked two nights ago, and b) I know nothing about Dy other than what she's claimed.
It's a pretty big stretch to say I have been hugely concerned with neutrals/chaos. I am <now> concerned with them because of the way the numbers look to me, but hell ---- I usually am MUCH MUCH MUCH more aggressive about wanting to lynch neutrals the second I know who they are. For two reasons: 1) They AREN'T VILLAGERS. No matter how much Dy wants to say things like "for all practical purposes I'm a villager" that just isn't true. They almost never (contrary to what STL tried to imply) count for villager numbers. 2) Because of exactly this situation where we're now in an end-game with a whollllllle lot of uncertainty about how much we can trust them. Easier to blow them out of the game early and then have a simpler end-game to worry about.
If <anything> I've been far LESS concerned about them this game than my usual play style.
I understand there are "ifs" in there. I'm perfectly fine considering you a far less likely convert... but I was just questioning the use of the term "100% clear" because I don't want to *completely* take people off the table if the reasoning doesn't warrant it.
As to whether you've been less concerned about them than usual... I don't know, other than the minecraft game it's been awhile since I played and as someone pointed out early on I have a tendency to die early. I'm not particularly familiar with what is usual for you in regards to handling chaos/neutrals.
There are two or arguably three of them, one or two wolves, and three or four villagers. If chaos is working against the village, we've already lost.This comment is almost enough to make me unlynch Dy and lynch allyphoe.
Trust chaos? That's amusing.
No useful information? You've got a game full of posts.
Good luck tomorrow guys.
I think your best shot is to have someone (villager, not talking to chaos here) look into Ally tonight . If she comes up villager, we're definitely being played by chaos.
I think your best shot is to have someone (villager, not talking to chaos here) look into Ally tonight . If she comes up villager, we're definitely being played by chaos.
If anyone else would jump on a chaos lynch and keep me alive in the next 5 minutes I'd do that.
I don't even know what the tally is right now other than hayley is probably still in the lead... but also probably not by much.
Last I looked, we were at like 3/8 voting, too.I don't even know what the tally is right now other than hayley is probably still in the lead... but also probably not by much.
nah im pretty sure like everyone voted for me its whatever i cant even have a self defense vote unless anyone else changes their mind.I don't even know what the tally is right now other than hayley is probably still in the lead... but also probably not by much.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unlynch raf lynch dy
well everyone who voted cause true a lot of people didnt, or waffled and didnt put a new vote in which sucks this close to end gamenah im pretty sure like everyone voted for me its whatever i cant even have a self defense vote unless anyone else changes their mind.
if you're going to lynch chaos/neutral, why not the genie. then they can't grant a wish
I understand there are "ifs" in there. I'm perfectly fine considering you a far less likely convert... but I was just questioning the use of the term "100% clear" because I don't want to *completely* take people off the table if the reasoning doesn't warrant it.
THAT makes perfect sense to me. If you think I'm converted, lynch me. That's fine. If I was converted and lost my lynch avoidance, great, you would get a wolf. If I was converted and KEPT my lynch avoidance, you'll end up still wondering about conversion and villagers are probably screwed because you'll use two lynches to get rid of me, by which time the game is over anyway. I am a villager, so lynch me is a bad idea anyway. So in two out of three scenarios it's a bad deal for the villagers.
Ideally we would have lynched me early in the game so that the whole lynch avoidance thing wasn't a factor, but we didn't. So now we're in a situation where the numbers say that worrying about me is not going to help us out.
Is what it is.
Hayley I'm really sorry if you're a villager, I just think we have to vote one of the possible convert targets to at least get some direction for tomorrow
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
There are two or arguably three of them, one or two wolves, and three or four villagers. If chaos is working against the village, we've already lost.
If they have their own separate win condition, that is not the case.
That works for me too actually, but I think it's too late nowif you're going to lynch chaos/neutral, why not the genie. then they can't grant a wish
Now I'm all paranoid that they have a win condition like, "kill off everyone without ever having more than half the people vote."If they have their own separate win condition, that is not the case.
DID I GET EVERYONE?
FINAL LYNCH TALLY
hayley (3) - ally, dy, raf
ally (0) -
dy (2) - LIS, hayley
finn (0) -
Deadline 8pm CST
5/8 Voting
FINAL LYNCH TALLY
hayley (3) - ally, dy, raf
ally (0) -
dy (2) - LIS, hayley
finn (0) -
Deadline 8pm CST
5/8 Voting
Is it correct that @SummerTheLynx, @finnickthedog, and @BeautifulBritishColumbia did not cast votes?
Me vote was meant for hayley, and I thought it sent, but it might not have?Is it correct that @SummerTheLynx, @finnickthedog, and @BeautifulBritishColumbia did not cast votes?
I can't find it anywhere.Me vote was meant for hayley, and I thought it sent, but it might not have?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The magical village was in distress today. Their numbers were dwindling and they all turned on each other. They didn't know who was a wolf. They didn't know who was a villager. They settled on someone. Their hatred blinded them.
Dead is @heyyimhayley, villager Gnome.
Night 10 begins. Deadline 8am CST.
7/25 Remaining
Current Roster:
Magical Forest
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
Shimmering Lake
6. @allyphoe
7. @finnickthedog
Top of the Beanstalk
11. @SummerTheLynx
Fairytale Fields
17. @LetItSnow
18. @dyachei
Valley of Death
25. @raf2769
The Great Beyond (dead):
22. Ceke2002 - Dragon
2. Flim Flam Man - Giant
1. Jilary - Sandman
19. Crayola227 - Wizard
13. Gwenevre - Manticore
5. Trilt - Necromancer
21. vetmedhead - Gorgon/Medusa
16. DVMDream - Unicorn
20. nyanko - Pegasus
14. Caiter92/WildZoo- Elf
24. Animal Midwife - Mage
10. LadyOtheFarm - Griffin
3. Mad Jack - Pixie
4. Kam325 - Mermaid
23. genny - Hellhound/Werewolf
9. PrincessButterCup - Hobgoblin
15. morninqlory - Merlion
12. heyyimhayley - Gnome
Dead is @heyyimhayley, villager Gnome.
Night 10 begins. Deadline 8am CST.
7/25 Remaining
Current Roster:
Magical Forest
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
Shimmering Lake
6. @allyphoe
7. @finnickthedog
Top of the Beanstalk
11. @SummerTheLynx
Fairytale Fields
17. @LetItSnow
18. @dyachei
Valley of Death
25. @raf2769
The Great Beyond (dead):
22. Ceke2002 - Dragon
2. Flim Flam Man - Giant
1. Jilary - Sandman
19. Crayola227 - Wizard
13. Gwenevre - Manticore
5. Trilt - Necromancer
21. vetmedhead - Gorgon/Medusa
16. DVMDream - Unicorn
20. nyanko - Pegasus
14. Caiter92/WildZoo- Elf
24. Animal Midwife - Mage
10. LadyOtheFarm - Griffin
3. Mad Jack - Pixie
4. Kam325 - Mermaid
23. genny - Hellhound/Werewolf
9. PrincessButterCup - Hobgoblin
15. morninqlory - Merlion
12. heyyimhayley - Gnome
******************I can't find it anywhere.
STL:
or lynch votes...
*******************
Just for the record, I had peanut butter and banana waffles for dinner. Thanks for making me fat, kata 😛
Sounds like I improved your life. 😛 you are welcome!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Me vote was meant for hayley, and I thought it sent, but it might not have?
That's not sketchy at all.........
I submitted while at the barn, I thought it went through...That's not sketchy at all.........
Raf, ye should use yer protection on either yourself or LIS, do a coin flip and roll with whichever one ye get from the coin flip. (And dun say who on here)
Dyachei, use yer self protection ability tn.
BBC can't be killed tn.
So, chancer convert will either have to kill the other not cleared person or have a 50% chance of not getting a kill to with LIS or raf.
Sorry for not voting today; got swamped at work and didn't have a chance to catch up completely.
STL, my concern is that kill ability was not defined. Aka could kill someone (I'm mostly concerned about me, being neutral and all)through whatever defences and conditions are in place
STL, my concern is that kill ability was not defined. Aka could kill someone (I'm mostly concerned about me, being neutral and all)through whatever defences and conditions are in place
The other two options would end the game if they went into effect, me feek. There is a lot of protection left in the game, so I feel comfortable with the wolf getting 1 definite kill each night and 1 not definite kill, even if that's how it interpreted. Fer me, it didn't go into effect until two nights after I wished so.... (Game should hopefully be Done before then)Sorry for not voting today; got swamped at work and didn't have a chance to catch up completely.
STL, my concern is that kill ability was not defined. Aka could kill someone (I'm mostly concerned about me, being neutral and all)through whatever defences and conditions are in place
(Wouldn't make sense for them to go fer ye if that's what yer worried about, as you don't count for either direction. It would be a wasted kill, especially with how often you can avoid kills at night)
NIGHT CLOSED, RESULTS PENDING.
............
?
?S'about time.NIGHT CLOSED, RESULTS PENDING.
The night was eerily still. Not even a leaf rustled. The villagers did not sleep soundly. They tossed and turned all night. Nightmares plagued them, horrific images of body parts being ripped off, drownings, burning people alive, etc. When they awoke, they looked to see who they had lost in the night, hoping against hope that they had all survived. Some of them had not.
Found with her wings ripped off and stapled to the flag pole, her head on a pike, body nowhere to be found. Dead is @raf2769, villager fairy.
They look all around for the other person missing from their group. They huddled close and searched the surround areas. At the base of the beanstalk, they found him. There wasn't a scratch on him, but his horns were gone. Dead is @dyachei, the chaotic satyr.
Deadline is 8pm CST. Day 11 begins.
5/25 Remaining
Current Roster:
Magical Forest
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
Shimmering Lake
6. @allyphoe
7. @finnickthedog
Top of the Beanstalk
11. @SummerTheLynx
Fairytale Fields
17. @LetItSnow
Valley of Death
The Great Beyond (dead):
22. Ceke2002 - Dragon
2. Flim Flam Man - Giant
1. Jilary - Sandman
19. Crayola227 - Wizard
13. Gwenevre - Manticore
5. Trilt - Necromancer
21. vetmedhead - Gorgon/Medusa
16. DVMDream - Unicorn
20. nyanko - Pegasus
14. Caiter92/WildZoo- Elf
24. Animal Midwife - Mage
10. LadyOtheFarm - Griffin
3. Mad Jack - Pixie
4. Kam325 - Mermaid
23. genny - Hellhound/Werewolf
9. PrincessButterCup - Hobgoblin
15. morninqlory - Merlion
12. heyyimhayley - Gnome
18. dyachei - Satyr
25. raf2769 - Fairy
Found with her wings ripped off and stapled to the flag pole, her head on a pike, body nowhere to be found. Dead is @raf2769, villager fairy.
They look all around for the other person missing from their group. They huddled close and searched the surround areas. At the base of the beanstalk, they found him. There wasn't a scratch on him, but his horns were gone. Dead is @dyachei, the chaotic satyr.
Deadline is 8pm CST. Day 11 begins.
5/25 Remaining
Current Roster:
Magical Forest
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
Shimmering Lake
6. @allyphoe
7. @finnickthedog
Top of the Beanstalk
11. @SummerTheLynx
Fairytale Fields
17. @LetItSnow
Valley of Death
The Great Beyond (dead):
22. Ceke2002 - Dragon
2. Flim Flam Man - Giant
1. Jilary - Sandman
19. Crayola227 - Wizard
13. Gwenevre - Manticore
5. Trilt - Necromancer
21. vetmedhead - Gorgon/Medusa
16. DVMDream - Unicorn
20. nyanko - Pegasus
14. Caiter92/WildZoo- Elf
24. Animal Midwife - Mage
10. LadyOtheFarm - Griffin
3. Mad Jack - Pixie
4. Kam325 - Mermaid
23. genny - Hellhound/Werewolf
9. PrincessButterCup - Hobgoblin
15. morninqlory - Merlion
12. heyyimhayley - Gnome
18. dyachei - Satyr
25. raf2769 - Fairy
Me feeks and lads, I tried asking a question last night who would have cleared raf, dyachei, LIS, and BBC completely. The question got rejected (only question all game), so me thoughts were that one of them was a wolf. I asked another question that would have cleared dyachei and and BBC which was accepted. Given that Raf and dyachei died, the reason that question must've been rejected is because LIS is a wolf, and lost his lynch avoidance on conversion. It didn' make sense for them to reject it otherwise, as I would've been looking at Finn/ally anyway.
******************lynch LIS*****************
******************lynch LIS*****************
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm waiting for my computer to boot up and then I have the results of the item I used. I'm going be going with
Lynch LIS
though, based primarily on those results and partially on STL results seeming to back it up.
Lynch LIS
though, based primarily on those results and partially on STL results seeming to back it up.
I Love Waffles Lynch Tally
LIS (2) - STL, finn
Deadline 8pm CST
2/5 Voting
LIS (2) - STL, finn
Deadline 8pm CST
2/5 Voting
Okay so, my item results:
After yesterday, ally seemed to be the person under most suspicion but I didn't want to end up mislynching her today so I used the Lilac on her. The Lilac allowed me to see the past night results of a player (night of my choice). I chose the previous night--so, night before last--because we had only one wolf at that point so if she were a wolf she would be seen killing. The results were that she sat on her bed contemplating who to PM and selected raf. So, as she was not seen killing, she cannot be the wolf.
After yesterday, ally seemed to be the person under most suspicion but I didn't want to end up mislynching her today so I used the Lilac on her. The Lilac allowed me to see the past night results of a player (night of my choice). I chose the previous night--so, night before last--because we had only one wolf at that point so if she were a wolf she would be seen killing. The results were that she sat on her bed contemplating who to PM and selected raf. So, as she was not seen killing, she cannot be the wolf.
Lynch LIS
Unless he has a killer good defense
Unless he has a killer good defense
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 31K