MCW vs. OSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCW or OSU

• MCW

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • OSU

Votes: 31 73.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yosemite

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having difficulty making this decision. I'm a WI resident and will get a nice tuition cut from MCW, but is OSU too strong of a program to turn down?

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't the tuition refund thing only like 5K though? I mean it's a lot of money but not compared to what we all will be taking out eventually anyways.

I think OOS tuition at OSU is around 47 the first year I believe. MCW is around 41 minus a ~6K resident credit is about 35K

So, the first year the difference is ~12K.
But, isn't Ohio a state where you can become IS after 1 year. Then the tuition for the remaining three years is: 31,41,31 which equals: 103K

MCW tuition for years 2-4: 41,41,41 = 123 - (3*6for the residency credit)= 105

So, (in rough numbers for tuition only)
OSU: 150
MCW: 140

So, if I did that correctly, a roughly 10K difference over the entire education isn't enough IMO to make a decision on cost.
(Although there is a difference in cost of living)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think OOS tuition at OSU is around 47 the first year I believe. MCW is around 41 minus a ~6K resident credit is about 35K

But, isn't Ohio a state where you can become IS after 1 year. Then the tuition for the remaining three years is: 31,41,31 which equals: 103K

So, if I did that correctly, a roughly 10K difference over the entire education isn't enough IMO to make a decision on cost.

If that's correct, it's not really a significant difference IMO.

If that's correct, it's not really a significant difference IMO.

Isn't OP in-state? so tuition for MCW would be about 33K minus whatever tuition cut he/she got

The money is not much of an issue b/c it's not that big of a difference, so which school do you see yourself at and being most successful at?

I can confirm that Ohio does allow you to become IS after one year, assuming you meet certain requirements

OP, has this been of help to you in making your decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.