Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you guys send your MCAT scores and what address did you send the transcripts to?
Didn't send my MCAT scores in. We all seem to do our transcripts different. I have copies of all my official transcripts so I just e-mailed them unofficial official copies. Others were told they didn't need to submit until they were official accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't send my MCAT scores in. We all seem to do our transcripts different. I have copies of all my official transcripts so I just e-mailed them unofficial official copies. Others were told they didn't need to submit until they were official accepted.

What’s the email?

Xavier University of Louisiana #XU baby!!!!! #XULA

Reactions: 7 users
You may not know but does this mean that the medical school route is not invite only?
He said that for the medical students it was not invite only and that they should apply. He told me to save my money since I'm dental applicant and it's invite only.

Lol eggggggactly how I'm feeling. Every time my boss ask me for an update, I say "still waiting. It's an HBCU. I expected this."

I went to a PWI and I’m naturally obsessed with being on time. I can’t relate lol.

Reactions: 6 users
Speaking of HBCU'S.....I think a roll call is due!!!! Drop what HBCU you graduated from!!!!

NC A&T for undergrad (Aggie Pride!) and Hampton for Masters! Clearly I love HBCUs ! Hahaha

Reactions: 2 users
I went to a PWI and I’m naturally obsessed with being on time. I can’t relate lol.
Lol I went to a PWI so going to HU afterwards was sooo different when it came to admin.
But I run on CP time lol

Reactions: 1 user
I want some concrete information, I’m antsy!

May 15th is 6 days away.... whatever is meant to be will be because I can’t stress this because whatever the outcome it’s gonna be somewhat bitter sweet. At least for me.
I have an interview to the DPMS may 15th. Y'all pray for me abeg

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Same...
I applied to DPMS and heard back in less than two weeks. the MHS is just giving me too much stress whenever they send email cause I first receive the notification on my phone and I start shacking before opening the email.

Same...
I applied to DPMS and heard back in less than two weeks. the MHS is just giving me too much stress whenever they send email cause I first receive the notification on my phone and I start shacking before opening the email.
Probably because they looked at your stats through a computer algorithm.

For the MHS we have to remember this is a program with linkage and so they are treating it like admission to the med school since if we get the metrics we won't have to apply we will already be in.

Same...
Also I've heard very mixed reviews of Drexel's masters program. Like the fact that only ~ 50% finish every year. What have you heard about it that got you to apply?

Also I've heard very mixed reviews of Drexel's masters program. Like the fact that only ~ 50% finish every year. What have you heard about it that got you to apply?

Yea DPMS should be your last option. I know someone that completed it and it’s really not what it’s cracked up to be.

What email do I send my transcripts to?

I’ve heard the same ! My friend who did MHS and is a rising 4th year dental student said someone in her class had just finished that program and wasn’t successful matriculating so ended up at Meharry.

Reactions: 1 users
What email do I send my transcripts to?

Lol bro you’ve literally been ignored throughout your whole post on this thread. I’m sorry. But I would look on their website to for the address to send your transcripts.

• Haha
Yea DPMS should be your last option. I know someone that completed it and it’s really not what it’s cracked up to be.
I heard the same. It seems like many didn’t matriculate into medical school after doing the program. Past students warning others not to do the program. I was going to apply but after i read past students reviews i decided to save my energy and coins...

I won’t lie....I love my PWI. I got no shame.

I applied for DPMS as well. Just because it was guaranteed entry into the next years medical class. They also let ppl apply for another linkage program they had for free. But I’m pretty sure if Meharry falls through I’m doing Case Westerns Program. Just need that 514 MCAT score.

I applied for DPMS as well. Just because it was guaranteed entry into the next years medical class. They also let ppl apply for another linkage program they had for free. But I’m pretty sure if Meharry falls through I’m doing Case Westerns Program. Just need that 514 MCAT score.
And you shouldnt be ashame. My PWI got on my nerves but still my alma mater lol

Case requires a 514 to meet the conditions for their linkage program? Then you don't really need the linkage program if you need a 514 lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Is anyone else going a lil crazy thinking about possible decisions on Wednesday or am I the only one

I’ve honestly forgotten about it now lol. I’m primarily focused on applications. When the decision comes, it comes ‍♀️

How did you know that decisions are made in Wednesday?
Sorry I actually don’t know for sure I had called the Tuesday when they originally said decisions will be released and the gentleman told me May 15 is the date when they will be released! However we all got the June 1 email a few days later so I’m not sure!

Is anyone else going a lil crazy thinking about possible decisions on Wednesday or am I the only one

To keep it real I was stressing heavy. But then I realized what will be will be and GOD will lead me where to where he wants me to be at. Whether I stress or not the same result will happen. So for now I'm just trying to enjoy things and figure out how to save some coins to make a move of I have to. LoL

Hey everyone, I've been watching this thread for quite some time now. I spoke with an admissions rep a few days ago and based on what I was told the MHS class size will be increased to 100.

• Wow
Hey everyone, I've been watching this thread for quite some time now. I spoke with an admissions rep a few days ago and based on what I was told the MHS class size will be increased to 100.

so all 100 will have a guaranteed seat for the up coming class? This is getting too confusing. It’s legit a regular post bacc now

Oh my wonder how that changes the requirements for matriculating into med school ?

I got invited to the MHS program via phone by Meharry! Super excited

Reactions: 4 users
so all 100 will have a guaranteed seat for the up coming class? This is getting too confusing. It’s legit a regular post bacc now

I know last year it was 30 pre med and 20 pre dent. I wonder if it will be 50/50 or a bit more pre med at like 60/40 .... Hmm. I guess it gives us more to wonder about lol. I think it increases our chances but I don't like that it will decrease the intimacy of the program. And they will most likely raise the requirements since they will have more students... that's usually how it goes. Hopefully for this class they don't. Guess we'll see real soon

Right. Hopefully there still in linkage. They may turn it into a 'top 50% of class gets seats' or something like that. That would suck. I hope they keep it as reserved seats for everyone if you meet the metrics...

Oh word nice! So you got invited as a pre med student?

I applied to the medical school in November and they sent me an email about speaking to me on the phone this past weekend. They invited me to the MHS program during that phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.