Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that a slap in the face? Y’all didnt get phone calls?
Sorry that I didn’t reply earlier, but you see what I meant. Congrats again! An acceptance + no student loans...... you are living the dream

Reactions: 1 users
Yea that’s what they told me regarding the GPA and MCAT. It’s not guaranteed acceptance, it’s a guaranteed interview with the MD school, but they said it’s a really low chance you won’t get in after meeting the GPA and MCAT standards through the MHS program. I didn’t ask about loans or anything because I’m not doing financial aid or loans since we’re paying out of pocket.

OH SO YOU BALLIN BALLIINNNNNNNN!!! Lol ..No disrespect but do you mind if I ask what he does for a living?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And my friend who did MHS this year had to interview too as a “requirement” but she said it was laid back af and more for show. Just to say they made ppl do it I guess so I wouldn’t worry about that part and yes they do want to have like 120 students but she told me she doesn’t know how that would work because they normally don’t have enough seats during lecture currently.

Reactions: 3 users
Yea that’s what they told me regarding the GPA and MCAT. It’s not guaranteed acceptance, it’s a guaranteed interview with the MD school, but they said it’s a really low chance you won’t get in after meeting the GPA and MCAT standards through the MHS program. I didn’t ask about loans or anything because I’m not doing financial aid or loans since we’re paying out of pocket.
Thank you for all helpful info!

Interesting.. from what we have been reading/hearing in the past, if ur already in the MHS program, this usually meant no interview for med school!! Hmm.. so it looks like there really have been some changes in the making :(
Thanks for all your help @DarkBluMage ! Really appreciate it :)
That’s exactly what I am thinking! @creativemind0306 I think it makes this program much less attractive for me because I really wanted to skip that interview!

Lmaoo why did I just realize this thread is 21 pages long?!? This thread really gone jump off when we start getting accepted!

Reactions: 4 users
Lmaoo why did I just realize this thread is 21 pages long?!? This thread really gone jump off when we start getting accepted!
Ikr. I did not expect it to pop off like this but y'all are hilarious

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully they really aren't changing things. I know someone who went to a school. Year before everyone got in and then her year it was guaranteed interview and only select few got in. Not knowing for certain wouldn't want to make me chance it. Good luck guys. I'm starting to jump back into MCAT mode and I'm not applying again until I achieve a decent score.

Congrats @DarkBluMage

Reactions: 5 users
Exactly. I check the thread (like once ) more than my email (only because I know not darn thing has come yet)

• Haha
Also I've heard very mixed reviews of Drexel's masters program. Like the fact that only ~ 50% finish every year. What have you heard about it that got you to apply?
garanteed admission as well. I know you sign a contract at the beginning and you get to retake the mcat twice to meet the minimum requirement before matriculating. This is the info from the website:
What are the requirements to matriculate into Drexel University College of Medicine?
Once an applicant is accepted into the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program, they must achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.2 with no grade lower than a C in any course, and have a minimum MCAT score of 499 with no section less than a 123. If an applicant is accepted into the program with an overall MCAT score less than 499 or any section less than a 123, they will be required to take an MCAT prep course with the Princeton Review while in the program as part of the curriculum and retake the MCAT by the date determined by the medical school. The student must achieve a minimum overall score of 499 with no section less than a 123 on the MCAT to matriculate into the medical school. Students sign a contract with Drexel University College of Medicine and are not permitted to apply to any other medical school while in the program.

garanteed admission as well. I know you sign a contract at the beginning and you get to retake the mcat twice to meet the minimum requirement before matriculating. This is the info from the website:
What are the requirements to matriculate into Drexel University College of Medicine?
Once an applicant is accepted into the Drexel Pathway to Medical School program, they must achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.2 with no grade lower than a C in any course, and have a minimum MCAT score of 499 with no section less than a 123. If an applicant is accepted into the program with an overall MCAT score less than 499 or any section less than a 123, they will be required to take an MCAT prep course with the Princeton Review while in the program as part of the curriculum and retake the MCAT by the date determined by the medical school. The student must achieve a minimum overall score of 499 with no section less than a 123 on the MCAT to matriculate into the medical school. Students sign a contract with Drexel University College of Medicine and are not permitted to apply to any other medical school while in the program.

Wow. So you can't apply to any other programs interesting. And I know the benchmarks seem attainable but I've heard the actual set up/style of tests is more difficult/accelerated so that's why only 50% of the class get that 3.2 or better.

If you get in and this is your only option I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully you get into the MHS program.

Also I've heard very mixed reviews of Drexel's masters program. Like the fact that only ~ 50% finish every year. What have you heard about it that got you to apply?
yeah I've heard that as well, some of the reason that I heard was that students didn't even finish the program due to emergencies or family issues, and others that didn't get into their med school was because they didn't meet either the 3.2 GPA requirement at the end or the 499 MCAT score minimum.

Any dental people accepted into the MHS program?
I’m a dental Person and accepted my offer. Crazy thing is I haven’t gotten a confirmation yet. I pulled up on them and told them I accept and I sent an email. If you accepted the offer for MHS join the group.

“Meharry MHS 2019”

Case requires a 514 to meet the conditions for their linkage program? Then you don't really need the linkage program if you need a 514 lol
Yehh they do for their school. But they way it runs it allows me to apply to other schools. When I finish. If I get a 514 I’ll probably go back to UK honestly.

Yehh they do for their school. But they way it runs it allows me to apply to other schools. When I finish. If I get a 514 I’ll probably go back to UK honestly.
I see. Yeah I dig that.

I’m a dental Person and accepted my offer. Crazy thing is I haven’t gotten a confirmation yet. I pulled up on them and told them I accept and I sent an email. If you accepted the offer for MHS join the group.

“Meharry MHS 2019”

I haven’t heard anything at all I’ve been emailing and calling to get an update about my application

Is anyone going to call the office today?

I’m getting super impatient because I have to let my job know when I’ll be leaving and I don’t want to wait too long to tell them.

Reactions: 2 users
Ok, can someone make this plain to me - I've researched the thread and have come across discussion about transcript requirements, but couldn't conclude definitively if they are required or not. I applied last year to the med school, and was rejected, but then invited to apply to the MHS program. App's already in, but didn't come across any instruction to send in transcripts again. Were they required or not? I'm assuming they'll just use my previous submission from the Med school app...

Ok, can someone make this plain to me - I've researched the thread and have come across discussion about transcript requirements, but couldn't conclude definitively if they are required or not. I applied last year to the med school, and was rejected, but then invited to apply to the MHS program. App's already in, but didn't come across any instruction to send in transcripts again. Were they required or not? I'm assuming they'll just use my previous submission from the Med school app...
It is different for everyone. If they need your transcript they will specifically ask for it. I believe everyone will need to send official ones once accepted. That last statement is still up for debate though.

When I talked to them they said official transcripts are only die upon acceptance. You can email them your unofficial but otherwise they have the grade verifications from our AMCAS application

It is different for everyone. If they need your transcript they will specifically ask for it. I believe everyone will need to send official ones once accepted. That last statement is still up for debate though.

When I talked to them they said official transcripts are only die upon acceptance. You can email them your unofficial but otherwise they have the grade verifications from our AMCAS application
Thank you:)

I know that we will most likely not hear anything today but I can't help but hold out he hope we will and constantly check my email lol

Reactions: 6 users

I applied last year too which is why I’ve been trying to figure out how wide the reach was for this program but makes sense since they are increasing the size of the program but makes linkage minimal and/or more competitive.

I just called and the lady who answered said that applications are still being reviewed and that they most likely will be keeping the smaller class size as they have in the past. And about the "invite only" thing, I know of some people who did apply using the general link by googling it without an invite. Good luck to everyone!

LoL so in consensus.....we don't know anything

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I just wanna know what was the point of the priority deadline line because they are taking forever with this decision. Went search for more ppl to apply and all but couldn’t run ppl an answer ASAP!

Reactions: 5 users
LoL so in consensus.....we don't know anything
Lmao literally we don’t ! So many conflicting answers this cray cray!!
Best thing is none of of us check emails until June 1 but in all honesty that ain’t gonna happen lol

Well I hope we all get in because for the first month or so I'mma be making jokes about this process . They are holding is in suspense and mystery.

my biggest fear is to not hear anything and then get on here and everyone is posting acceptances, even after I applied "priority."

I just called and the lady who answered said that applications are still being reviewed and that they most likely will be keeping the smaller class size as they have in the past. And about the "invite only" thing, I know of some people who did apply using the general link by googling it without an invite. Good luck to everyone!
Didn't DarkBluMage just say they were told they were increasing to 100, what is the truth? lol. I honestly feel like they in he admissions office purposely giving opposite information just to laugh

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Didn't DarkBluMage just say they were told they were increasing to 100, what is the truth? lol. I honestly feel like they in he admissions office purposely giving opposite information just to laugh

True! ADCOM might be lurking in this thread ROFL.

• Haha

Thank you so much for updating us!! Ughhhhh I wanna knowwwwwww, so that I can have time to move out and settle in since I live so far away :( I am still praying that those of us who applied priority would hear soon before that June 1st deadline.. or else what would have been the point of doing that?!! Best of luck to you as well, and to everyone on this forum u guys r all awesome!! :)

True! ADCOM might be lurking in this thread ROFL.
[/QUOTE]

Ikr I thought about this a long time ago. There may even be a few fake accounts.

Alright fellas I just called admissions and they said now they are releasing all decisions (priority and others) together on June 1 ! He said they will release them when they close the business that day so probably 5 pm! I am guessing they work on Saturdays? Anyways! :) Good Luck! We are all in this together !!

Reactions: 3 users
Lol so what tf was the priority bs for then if we are being grouped with the rest of the decisions ‍♂️

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Alright fellas I just called admissions and they said now they are releasing all decisions (priority and others) together on June 1 ! He said they will release them when they close the business that day so probably 5 pm! I am guessing they work on Saturdays? Anyways! :) Good Luck! We are all in this together !!

ughhh... :bang: Alright, thank you very much for ur update! Guess it's just a waiting game from now till then..tbh, kinda bitter though that I went the extra mile to make sure I got it done priority but still have to wait till the last day to find out :( But at this point, nothing can be done I guess but wait and try to have patience (nearing my end here since I have been waiting patiently this entire med school application cycle):shrug: Sorry y'all, I know that this forum has been pretty positive, so I will try my best to be so until June 1st...

Just a friendly reminder to still submit your fafsa ASAP

See y’all on June 1st (unless things pop off before then).

Status
Not open for further replies.