Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
so all 100 will have a guaranteed seat for the up coming class? This is getting too confusing. It’s legit a regular post bacc now
Well if it's 50 med and 50 dent. Makes sense- not everyone will qualify or will choose a different med school

No, I just submitted it yesterday. They told me to fill out the application by May 15 when I spoke to them over the phone.
They were talking like it was an acceptance and I just had to fill out the application by May 15 if I wanted to be in the program.
See now... this is the type of thing that has me looking at Meharry like ????? Congrats to you! And I mean that genuinely. But I mean come on now. That is kind of a slap in the face to the rest of us

Reactions: 4 users
See now... this is the type of thing that has me looking at Meharry like ????? Congrats to you! And I mean that genuinely. But I mean come on now. That is kind of a slap in the face to the rest of us

How is that a slap in the face? Y’all didnt get phone calls?

Ok cool. My friend also got the phone call and an email but she already committed to a med school. I’m sure they really want you (and everyone else they invited to apply) but if they were really offering an acceptance, you shouldn’t have even applied/had to pay. I hope they’re not trying to just get a lot of ppl to apply because of the application fee. I’ll pray for us all.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok cool. My friend also got the phone call and an email but she already committed to a med school. I’m sure they really want you (and everyone else they invited to apply) but if they were really offering an acceptance, you shouldn’t have even applied/had to pay. I hope they’re not trying to just get a lot of ppl to apply because of the application fee. I’ll pray for us all.

I don’t care about paying. This is a masters program after all and anywhere else for this type of program you’d be putting up money so I’m not trippin. Meharry is the only school I want to attend for an MD. I’ll pray for everyone too!

Reactions: 3 users

When I spoke to them over the phone they also said they were increasing the program spots from 40 to 100 so I’m sure that has to do with sending out more invites.

When I spoke to them over the phone they also said they were increasing the program spots from 40 to 100 so I’m sure that has to do with sending out more invites.
Did you interview at the medical school?

Did you interview at the medical school?
No, I filled out the secondary app in November and didn’t hear anything back until I got that email about them wanting to speak to me over the phone a few days ago.

Anybody have any luck reaching them by phone?

No, I filled out the secondary app in November and didn’t hear anything back until I got that email about them wanting to speak to me over the phone a few days ago.
did you get a rejection from the meharry MD program ?

No, I never got an official rejection email. Just an email saying that the spots for the MD program were filled up and they wanted to discuss my application with me a few days ago.

I literally didn’t receive a single email from them after submitting my secondary in November until they reached out to me a few days ago with that email.

Wouldn’t that mean that all 100 applicants won’t have guarantee seats into the next medical class? It’s means more acceptances in to the MHS program but unfortunately i feel like it means less people getting accepted in to the Medical school.. idk if that’s true but maybe.. i guess we just wait to see

Reactions: 1 user
Wouldn’t that mean that all 100 applicants won’t have guarantee seats into the next medical class? It’s means more acceptances in to the MHS program but unfortunately i feel like it means less people getting accepted in to the Medical school.. idk if that’s true but maybe.. i guess we just wait to see

Not all of the seats are for pre-med students, the other seats within that 100 are pre-dent. Not everyone will maintain those requirements they’re asking for either. They also said that meeting the requirements will guarantee you an interview at the medical school and that chances are extremely low you won’t get accepted after meeting requirements in the MHS program.

Also I feel like even if after an interview someone doesn’t make it into medical school that a good performance in the masters program will bolster an application at other medical schools. So I guess people have to weigh if it’s a good option for them. I only want to attend Meharry for MD so I’m doing the program.

Not all of the seats are for pre-med students, the other seats within that 100 are pre-dent. Not everyone will maintain those requirements they’re asking for either. They also said that meeting the requirements will guarantee you an interview at the medical school and that chances are extremely low you won’t get accepted after meeting requirements in the MHS program.
Yeah i realized its for both med and dent so that makes sense... i really wanna got to Meharry too so I’m not gonna complain.. i just wish they communicated better with us the process so that we didn’t have to speculate.. which just causes more confusion

Reactions: 2 users
Any dental people accepted into the MHS program?

Yeah i realized its for both med and dent so that makes sense... i really wanna got to Meharry too so I’m not gonna complain.. i just wish they communicated better with us the process so that we didn’t have to speculate.. which just causes more confusion

DW. We’ll do well and meet those requirements.

Facts. Lmbo I spent the entire application cycle in prayer so I wouldn’t stress about how I wasn’t hearing anything or getting an interview. Just leave it in God’s hand.

Lol I don’t like the way this program communicates (a lot of red flags IMO) .I understand that they said this and that for acceptances in their MD. But I really don’t trust their words so with that I’m no longer considering this program if there I don’t hear anything the rest of this month. Good luck to y’all tho. ‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Lol I don’t like the way this program communicates (a lot of red flags IMO) .I understand that they said this and that for acceptances in their MD. But I really don’t trust their words so with that I’m no longer considering this program if there I don’t hear anything the rest of this month. Good luck to y’all tho. ‍♂

Right. I don’t think I want to attend here anymore.

I don’t know why HBCUs refuse to improve on these kinds of things.

For those of you in a panic (which is most), I recommend reading this. I got this recently from therapy and it helps me not stress too much about all of this. We have be cognizant about the fact we do not gain anything from worrying about the uncertainties except stress and anxiety. I know it's hard because this is about our futures, but let's not dwell too much. Positive vibes yall

Reactions: 5 users
Lol they called you? That’s cute. All we got was a horribly copied and pasted email :/ but honestly congrats !

Oh, thanks. Now I see what the earlier poster meant about it being a slap in the face. I wasn’t trying to brag. I haven’t been following this thread. I just posted in it cause of being invited to the MHS program

Oh, thanks. Now I see what the earlier poster meant about it being a slap in the face. I wasn’t trying to brag. I haven’t been following this thread. I just posted in it cause of being invited to the MHS program

Lmao oh I knew you didn’t mean it in a bragging way. I’m just irritated with this program.. that’s all .

Sorry about so many questions but they did tell you on the phone about 500 mcat and 3.5 gpa? Also for some reason I thought it was guaranteed acceptance into med school but I might have read something wrong ! Only asking you this because you actually spoke to them about this over the phone !!
I also have a quick question about the finances from a former mhs student if possible ! How did previous mhs students pay for this program ? What kind of loans etc ?

Sorry about so many questions but they did tell you on the phone about 500 mcat and 3.5 gpa? Also for some reason I thought it was guaranteed acceptance into med school but I might have read something wrong ! Only asking you this because you actually spoke to them about this over the phone !!
I also have a quick question about the finances from a former mhs student if possible ! How did previous mhs students pay for this program ? What kind of loans etc ?

Yea that’s what they told me regarding the GPA and MCAT. It’s not guaranteed acceptance, it’s a guaranteed interview with the MD school, but they said it’s a really low chance you won’t get in after meeting the GPA and MCAT standards through the MHS program. I didn’t ask about loans or anything because I’m not doing financial aid or loans since we’re paying out of pocket.

Yea that’s what they told me regarding the GPA and MCAT. It’s not guaranteed acceptance, it’s a guaranteed interview with the MD school, but they said it’s a really low chance you won’t get in after meeting the GPA and MCAT standards through the MHS program. I didn’t ask about loans or anything because I’m not doing financial aid or loans since we’re paying out of pocket.
You're paying 40K out of pocket? Sheesh. Stacks on deck

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Thank you for all helpful info!

Interesting.. from what we have been reading/hearing in the past, if ur already in the MHS program, this usually meant no interview for med school!! Hmm.. so it looks like there really have been some changes in the making :(

Thank you for all helpful info!

Interesting.. from what we have been reading/hearing in the past, if ur already in the MHS program, this usually meant no interview for med school!! Hmm.. so it looks like there really have been some changes in the making :(

It might not be such a bad thing. I heard Meharry has been focused on increasing the MD class size. Maybe it’ll benefit people in the future that are applying to Meharry.

Status
Not open for further replies.