Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a friendly reminder to still submit your fafsa ASAP

See y’all on June 1st (unless things pop off before then).
Ikr I submitted mine this past weekend. I kept forgetting lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized that they will give out decisions the first day of my MCAT prep course. Lol this will be a huge motivator one way or the other

I’ll be doing my retake on the 31st so i guess it works out.

Yea but I just found it buy searching schools in Nashville on the fafsa app

Reactions: 1 users
That's e
Ok cool. My friend also got the phone call and an email but she already committed to a med school. I’m sure they really want you (and everyone else they invited to apply) but if they were really offering an acceptance, you shouldn’t have even applied/had to pay. I hope they’re not trying to just get a lot of ppl to apply because of the application fee. I’ll pray for us all.

None of us are guaranteed a spot at any institution. I don't know of many programs that will let you bypass a process that everyone else has to go through simply because they're interested in you as an applicant, and even if they do allow it that's up to them at their discretion. They don't owe us anything. I'm just thankful for the opportunity to even apply to the program honestly. We could all easily be back at square one and not have any options. The vibe on this thread is kind of annoying.

Reactions: 1 user
None of us are guaranteed a spot at any institution. I don't know of many programs that will let you bypass a process that everyone else has to go through simply because they're interested in you as an applicant, and even if they do allow it that's up to them at their discretion. They don't owe us anything. I'm just thankful for the opportunity to even apply to the program honestly. We could all easily be back at square one and not have any options. The vibe on this thread is kind of annoying.
Typically it's all good vibes. I think around this time many of us are just stressed/worried.

Reactions: 5 users
Well I could be wrong, but I don’t think that anyone here has that mindset. I think that with most linkages, an interview is required, although at some places, it’s more of a formality. I think that that’s what other posters are referring to, especially since people who have done the program in the past alluded that that’s what happens with this program

Reactions: 4 users
Lol people are rightfully stressed and frustrated due to lack of communication and inconsistent information. The process has changed probably 4 times since the rest of us received invitations on March 25th. We didn't receive a personal call urging us to apply. Based on previous program years, the qualifying MHS students didn't have to interview for the med school and also knew of acceptance into the MHS program in late April. It's a life and career changing decision so people are on edge. Moreover, I'm not sure if you peeped in the 22 pages of this thread but we've been cracking hella jokes.

But anyways, I'm about to make some bbq chicken anyone wants some?

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol people are rightfully stressed and frustrated due to lack of communication and inconsistent information. The process has changed probably 4 times since the rest of us received invitations on March 25th. We didn't receive a personal call urging us to apply. Based on previous program years, the qualifying MHS students didn't have to interview for the med school and also knew of acceptance into the MHS program in late April. It's a life and career changing decision so people are on edge. Moreover, I'm not sure if you peeped in the 22 pages of this thread but we've been cracking hella jokes.

Maybe it’s just cause I needed a laugh, or a distraction, but that “moreover” just sent me! :rofl:

• Haha

I get the stress part. I’m in the same process as the rest of y’all, but the disparaging remarks are annoying as hell. We’re trying to get into their school, they’re not the ones coming to us begging us to apply. If things change from previous years it is what it is. Why complain about things you can’t change? They extended us an opportunity to still get into their school at the end of the day and that’s a blessing. If someone isn’t satisfied then just re-enter the application cycle and apply to a different school. I’m just saying all this complaining about how they’re doing things is useless and just promotes stress.

How about that last GOT episode y’all?! I’m still shook

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

What city are you in lol

How about that last GOT episode y’all?! I’m still shook

Don't get me started on game of thrones. I'm about disappointed on the execution of the different characters story lines. They were way too rushed for 7 seasons of buildup!!

Great cinematography though. I have to give that to them. But as far as character story line endings they dropped the ball. (IMO)

Reactions: 2 users
I get the stress part. I’m in the same process as the rest of y’all, but the disparaging remarks are annoying as hell. We’re trying to get into their school, they’re not the ones coming to us begging us to apply. If things change from previous years it is what it is. Why complain about things you can’t change? They extended us an opportunity to still get into their school at the end of the day and that’s a blessing. If someone isn’t satisfied then just re-enter the application cycle and apply to a different school. I’m just saying all this complaining about how they’re doing things is useless and just promotes stress.
If you understand the stress, then you understand the need for people wanting to express how they feel amongst individuals who are going through the same, somewhat like group therapy. I understand complaining does not help and encourages stress, but adding your additional complaints about their complaints is even more useless.

Either promote positive thoughts like people like Kojo have been doing throughout this thread or unfollow, man.

Don't get me started on game of thrones. I'm about disappointed on the execution of the different characters story lines. They were way too rushed for 7 seasons of buildup!!

Great cinematography though. I have to give that to them. But as far as character story line endings they dropped the ball. (IMO)
Did you know the showrunners had the opportunity to make seasons 7 and 8 longer? HBO was going to throw so much money at them but they turned it down :cryi:

If you understand the stress, then you understand the need for people wanting to express how they feel amongst individuals who are going through the same, somewhat like group therapy. I understand complaining does not help and encourages stress, but adding your additional complains about their complains is even more useless.

Either promote positive thoughts like people like Kojo have been doing throughout this thread or unfollow, man.

Your statement literally makes no sense. How are you telling me to unfollow because I’m complaining about negative and useless comments but don’t have that same energy for the original comments themselves. You just be talkin huh? o_O

Did you know the showrunners had the opportunity to make seasons 7 and 8 longer? HBO was going to throw so much money at them but they turned it down :cryi:
Yeah beacuse they rushed to finish it to work on the star wars movie. So lame. Because storyline execution wise any cinematography fan can see that they are rushing the ending. Although the cinematography itself is still dope.

Good news today was the deadline so that means we are so close to hearing some good news very soon!

Also, just a quick analysis they only send out email Monday @~7:40ish and Friday @~1:40ishPM. We are left w/3Fridays and 2Mondays before 6/1. This is based on all the email I have gotten so far :rofl:

Reactions: 6 users
Good news today was the deadline so that means we are so close to hearing some good news very soon!

Also, just a quick analysis they only send out email Monday @~7:40ish and Friday @~1:40ishPM. We are left w/3Fridays and 2Mondays before 6/1. This is based on all the email I have gotten so far :rofl:

Someone said they’re not sending out information until June 1st. Lmbo based on Meharry’s track record I’m not expecting any correspondence until then lol

Your statement literally makes no sense. How are you telling me to unfollow because I’m complaining about negative and useless comments but don’t have that same energy for the original comments themselves. You just be talkin huh? o_O
Okay let's just chill out with the tit for tat stuff y'all and get back to uplifting each other please. I wanted this thread to be on some positive vibes. As future professionals of compassion and medicine we can keep it on a positive tip.

Reactions: 2 users

*cues music* And noooooo games were playedddddd

• Haha
I said what I said. Aren't you the one saying "the vibe is annoying" and then complaining about people complaining? So why follow if it's bothering you?

Lol your right , a lot of people really worry themselves on here. However , I am able to understand their behavior/attitude because to most this is their “best shot” at sneaking into a med school especially if you’ve been denied at all other schools without going the miserable Caribbean route.

But more importantly that’s why we are all here to throw information that may decrease this tension/stress and joke over how whack their communication skills are.

Reactions: 3 users
This is a kinda switch up but what other programs are y'all applying for (besides re applying to med school) as in other programs similar to this one that may have linkage etc? Any good ones?

Facts! Who you think is going to take her out? I think Sansa is going to get the throne
Jon has to be the one to do it. And i hope not, Sansa is not fit to be queen, she hasn’t done enough to earn that title (IMO). Arya before Sansa but Arya don’t got time for all that.. lol

This is a kinda switch up but what other programs are y'all applying for (besides re applying to med school) as in other programs similar to this one that may have linkage etc? Any good ones?

I applied to Wayne state, and cal med cause they invited me to apply. I’m really only interested in Meharry though. I was going to use another acceptance as leverage for Meharry if I ended up getting one from the other two.

I applied to Wayne state, and cal med cause they invited me to apply. I’m really only interested in Meharry though. I was going to use another acceptance as leverage for Meharry if I ended up getting one from the other two.
Word. Wayne State has a program with linkage?

Word. Wayne State has a program with linkage?

Sorry misread your post. I meant to their med school. I’m not sure if they have a linkage program but the Cali one does. I’m not applying to their masters though.

Status
Not open for further replies.