Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw that someone got pulled off the waitlist for the medical school and they start this week. Y’all be encouraged, it’s not over yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I got accepted!!!
Congrats man! I've been lurking on this thread and you've been positive throughout the crazy waiting process. Keep grinding and best of luck on your new journey future Doc.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats man! I've been lurking on this thread and you've been positive throughout the crazy waiting process. Keep grinding and best of luck on your new journey future Doc.
I appreciate that homie! And I wish you the best of luck too! Hope you get that acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted!!!

Congrats! I'm really happy for you as you've been a real supportive trooper. I got accepted as well and I'm still deciding if I will go. Hopefully, all things work out in favor of this program and I'll see you there my fellow Ghanaian! ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! I'm really happy for you as you've been a real supportive trooper. I got accepted as well and I'm still deciding if I will go. Hopefully, all things work out in favor of this program and I'll see you there my fellow Ghanaian! ;)

Bet that!!! Well if you decide to go join the GroupMe so when can get the master plan going to spread the Jollof and love to the whole class

Bet that!!! Well if you decide to go join the GroupMe so when can get the master plan going to spread the Jollof and love to the whole class
Jollof????? Ohhh I really need to get off the waitlist now lol

Been lurking on this thread for quite a while, congrats to everyone who has accepted, waitlisted! Both are tremendous feats, don’t lose hope. You can do this! We can do this!

In terms of applying for this program/getting an invite next year, is applying to Meharry via AMCAS the only way?

Reactions: 1 users
Been lurking on this thread for quite a while, congrats to everyone who has accepted, waitlisted! Both are tremendous feats, don’t lose hope. You can do this! We can do this!

In terms of applying for this program/getting an invite next year, is applying to Meharry via AMCAS the only way?
Yes. You have to apply to the medical or dental schools to be considered. At least that's how it was this go round.

I did fairly well in my programs. My MCAT is a 493. I remember when I first got a review from a medical school the first thing out her mouth was that MCAT needs to be worked on. I know that. I have been known that which is why I have leaned more to mph than this program because I know even with a prep course I may not do as well ( took one before while in school and had to choose between doing well in classes versus studying for mcat)
I agree you might have to sabbatical life a bit and focus on a study plan. You also might wan to really sit down and go over your
Congrats on the acceptance to Morehouse's program. That is a really good program any most of the ppl who finish not get multiple acceptances including Morehouse
Thanks a lot appreciate that

Requesting to be taken off waitlist so one of you guys can get it! Got taken off one of my waitlists for a separate med school. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Requesting to be taken off waitlist so one of you guys can get it! Got taken off one of my waitlists for a separate med school. Good luck everyone!
Congratulations!! You’ll do great in medical school!

I’m not calling Meharry no more that dude who be answering the phone rude and I get it’s not his emergency but people just have certain questions that they would like answered politely since y’all been all over the place!. At this point I’m over this whole thing.

I’m not calling Meharry no more that dude who be answering the phone rude and I get it’s not his emergency but people just have certain questions that they would like answered politely since y’all been all over the place!. At this point I’m over this whole thing.
No Docyonce just keep the faith. I mean prepare your plan B just I'm case it's needed. A lot of people so far is removing themselves off the waitlist and I'm sure more people are blessed to get into medical school so they aren't even accepting their acceptance.

Reactions: 4 users
I agree you might have to sabbatical life a bit and focus on a study plan. You also might wan to really sit down and go over your

Thanks a lot appreciate that
I'm not stopping life for the MCAT which is why I made a 6 month study plan which requires 4 hours a day 6 days 10 practice tests etc. It's doable with my MPH and if I decide to work part time while doing so. I have gone over my application more than enough times as well as spoke to schools about my app. I know I need a solid MCAT to get anywhere.

No Docyonce just keep the faith. I mean prepare your plan B just I'm case it's needed. A lot of people so far is removing themselves off the waitlist and I'm sure more people are blessed to get into medical school so they aren't even accepting their acceptance.

Yeah Imma cool it but at the same time My deadline to push back my Mcat is this Friday. I already missed the $45 deadline because of them I’m not tryna miss the silver one to since it’s $65. I really just need to know if I am rescheduling in my state or Nashville but I guess I gotta gamble and reschedule it for August where I’m at. Just trying not to lose more money smh.

Yeah Imma cool it but at the same time My deadline to push back my Mcat is this Friday. I already missed the $45 deadline because of them I’m not tryna miss the silver one to since it’s $65. I really just need to know if I am rescheduling in my state or Nashville but I guess I gotta gamble and reschedule it for August where I’m at. Just trying not to lose more money smh.
Oh I get and I understand. Can't just be throwing out money like it's nothing out here. You can always do the mid August one since July 12th is when you should definite by (I know I know the deadlines may feel like nothing especially with what just happened to us).

Anyone who was accepted how long do you have till to accept or decline the offer? Does it say on the email? Just wondering for those of us on the waitlist when we will hear any news. Thank you for sharing.

I called no one picked up. Naw the best time I heard is morning and end of the day. I will try again lol

Anyone who was accepted how long do you have till to accept or decline the offer? Does it say on the email? Just wondering for those of us on the waitlist when we will hear any news. Thank you for sharing.

Deadline to accept or reject is June 21st

... waitlisted. the anxiety continues. y'all, my whole life is in Nashville, maybe next cycle I should cast my net out a little further. also I can't help but beat myself up for this. what more do I have to do to be competitive in this friggen field?!?
Apply to MEDPREP at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL. They have a 2 year program in which you get automatic acceptance to
SIU Medical School if you get a 498 MCAT score and 3.0 in the course work.

Congrats and good luck to those accepted. I just checked my email and I’m waitlisted. I’m somewhat of a cynical person so I’m taking that as a rejection.

There is one more program I should be hearing back from at the end of this month. However, I am going to schedule the MCAT for late August. I think my score is what is holding me back. Also, I have a file review session with another masters program next month. They’re going to discuss with me how I can improve my app.

Stay encouraged y’all.
Apply to MEDPREP at SIU (Southern Illinois University-Carbondale). If you meet their criteria (498 MCAT + 3.0 in coursework) your automatically accepted into their medical school. They interviewed and tested me, then rejected me. I don't know why, but I got accepted to Meharry's MHS program, so who cares!

If you got accepted can you like this post. If you got waitlisted sad face this post. Because if I am not mistaken no one got accepted but waitlisted. Can we also be mindful of keeping the energy light as well. We were really helpful, in previous post. So is it possible to get a list of great bridge programs compiled for those who may not get off the wait list. I think this would be comforting to most. I also believe in keeping the faith but making plans in the meantime between time. If you have any advise on how you are planning on moving forward, can you please share. I spoke about mine briefly.

Dental applicant to Meharry. I was waitlisted at Rutgers. Invited to apply to this program. I applied, I also applied at Morehouse Medical School Biomedical Science program. It is Two year program and was admitted last week and if this doesn't fall through this will be what I will use as my bridge to build my GPA. DAT school is a 22. I am sure that a masters program is what I would need to boost my application after some feedback. I still however, I took a stab at applying to dental school anyways this year and was waitlisted at Rutgers. Either way I couldn't deal with the anxiety of knowing so I believe in cultivating multiple opportunities.

Some program links:

Teaching could be an options for those who need to take a gap year and would like to work and study for the DAT or MCAT.

Morehouse Biomedical Science Program

Fisk Masters to Ph.D Bridge Program (fully funded with 2,200 a month stipend)

Mercer Biomedical Science Program

FAMU chemistry or biology master (paid full ride with 500 a month stipend)

These are the programs I looked into when I was applying however, I am sure there are more.. I think we should share NEXT STEPS on how to move forward if we can.
MEDPREP at SIU (Southern Illinois University-Carbondale). If you get a 498 MCAT and 3.0 in the coursework you automatically get accepted into their medical school.

Friday, June 21st.

Apply to MEDPREP at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL. They have a 2 year program in which you get automatic acceptance to
SIU Medical School if you get a 498 MCAT score and 3.0 in the course work.
Thanks fam! And congrats to everyone who got in. I'll be in my prayer closet for another month lol but regardless, I'll probably see yall around this coming year since I occasionally work there :)

HAS ANYONE HAD LUCK FINDING SOMEPLACE TO LIVE? I AM WAY DOWN THE WAIT LIST OR CAMPUS HOUSING

No success with emailing or calling. I’m just trying to figure out if acceptances for pre dental students went out already.

No success with emailing or calling. I’m just trying to figure out if acceptances for pre dental students went out already.
According to the GroupMe some of them got accepted in May.

Ok cool thanks! I didn’t think they sent out that many but I guess they did.
No there actually is not that many pre dent folks in the group me but idk if there are others who just haven't joined.

Can someone drop the housing app link one more time. I tried to go back through the thread but I couldn’t find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.