Mercer ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdwilson

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Mercer that applied in the Regular Applicant Pool?

Members don't see this ad.

mdwilson said:
Has anyone heard from Mercer that applied in the Regular Applicant Pool?

You know, at one point I thought I knew a lot about how the admission committee at Mercer worked. But I don't think I really do. Mercer is my alma mater and I've been in some way involved with the med school for three years now. I applied ED last year and got an interview but did not even make the wait list. I applied ED this year and got rolled over into the regular applicant pool.

My understanding has always been that the adcom meets on Wednesdays and sends decisions out as they are made. But I don't think that's how it works. I've sent Letters of Intent to my committee interviewer as well as some others. They were not very effective. I tried e-mailing the dean of admission a list to update my file. I recieved an e-mail back telling me that after you are screened for an interview, they will not update your file.

I think what happens now is the committee continues to meet but they're not going to send out any more acceptances until all interviews have been conducted (around 20th of March). At that point, they'll make decisions and form a wait list. That's what I know