Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I go to Mercer. I know for a fact our average board scores were 212 this year. First time pass rate: 89%. I think that might be lower than average for Mercer.
I'll also tell you that I was absolutely miserable the first two years. It was like a 2 year panic attack for me. I felt like the basic scientists resented us. There were a few who acted very unprofessionally to me (talked about my grades with random staff members not involved with students whatsover, verbally assaulted me during an oral exam.) If my situation had been different, as far as family, etc., I would not have come to this school. I can't say that even half of my classmates have stories like these, but a lot do. I can think of at least 14 or 15 (out of 65) classmates with whom I've conversations that do feel this way. Even graduates I've talked to almost started to cry when they talked about their first two years.

With all that junk said, I am much happier in the clinical years. It was worth it to have the privilege of becoming a doctor. The best thing I can think of about Mercer is the student body: the work the we students put in, the way students support and care about each other, the frienships I've seen being made. I have never felt cut-throat competion ( I would ignore it anyway.)

I'm sorry if this scares anybody, but I need catharsis. There really isn't any other way I know of to get it at this school (I think some people do it by getting their party on on the weekends, but that's not my thing.) I have actually been told by a faculty member with an administrative role that "it did not matter what my opinions were and that my evaluations of the program have no role."
any questions, you can PM me. I won't sugar coat anything, but I respect everyone else's opinions even if they do like it at Mercer or are interested in coming here because I would do it again if it's what I had to do. I would try hard not to have to though.

Members don't see this ad.