2025-2026 Mercer

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So are we officially at two full months with no recently confirmed acceptances? The current timeline is very strange for a school with “rolling admissions” and “monthly Adcom meetings.” The Mercer secondary/interview-invite application site, says:

“The Admissions Committee meets on a monthly basis and accepts applicants that have interviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants to the Regular Pool are accepted beginning mid-Oct 2018. By mid-March 2019, the Admissions Committee will have made as many offers as there are spots in the incoming class.”

I guess they forgot to change the dates, but we are certainly past mid-March at this point unfortunately.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just wanted to say stay strong people, I know it’s heartbreaking for some of us to be this deep into the cycle after strong interviews months ago without any further explanation. I think based on the cycle trends and current events, the waitlist will have a lot of movement this year so don’t lose hope folks!

I bet we can expect a few of us to make it on and then into the class this cycle from the waitlist! Remember we don’t lose hope until we get rejections, and even then we should just focus on preparing for next cycle!
 
I just wanted to say stay strong people, I know it’s heartbreaking for some of us to be this deep into the cycle after strong interviews months ago without any further explanation. I think based on the cycle trends and current events, the waitlist will have a lot of movement this year so don’t lose hope folks!

I bet we can expect a few of us to make it on and then into the class this cycle from the waitlist! Remember we don’t lose hope until we get rejections, and even then we should just focus on preparing for next cycle!
So they’re done sending out acceptances? If so, how do you know?
 
Gonna try to put some people at ease: It doesn't sound like they've released a wave of acceptances since January 21 (according to at least one A on admit.org). There were several interviews after January 21st, and some right before January 21st without enough turnaround time to hear back January 21st. Mercer would not interview students in mid- late January/early February if the class was full or they had no intention of accepting anyone else. Therefore, there must be another acceptance wave on the way. These interviewers and ADCOM have careers and other things to do. They would not waste time and money interviewing students if they didn't have spots left to fill. It makes zero sense. Unless they literally felt that zero interviewers from January 20th on were not worth acceptance after the interviews were complete, which is pretty much impossible. They would also not interview students late just to fill waitlist spots, because what if one of them crushed the interview and turned out to be worth accepting? They wouldn't just opt to not accept them at that point "because they're just filling waitlist spots". There MUST be another acceptance wave.
 
At this point, needless to say, but, anything could happen. I would caution against betting on anything outside of the waitlist at this point simply based on the past serval years of data.

That said, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to start looking at back up plans and next cycle’s application. I don’t say that to tell anyone it’s over, but I know personally I’ve been waiting with bated breath without necessarily focusing on strengthening my next cycle app beyond work experience.
 
Last edited:
It’s this. Also, and we saw this in the fall, but applications are up this year. Since the pandemic there had been like a 3-year decline in applications but applications are back up this year, closer to pandemic levels likely due to the soft recession. Folks who might have taken a gap year or two to work or do research are applying straight instead.
how do you know its a few acceptances sprinkled in with waitlist?
 
I called them and they said it doesn’t mean we all are waitlisted but still under review and that decisions are coming within the next few weeks. So decisions may not even come out this week or the next.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called them and they said it doesn’t mean we all are waitlisted but still under review and that decisions are coming within the next few weeks. So decisions may not even come out this week or the next.
Is that what they said today? I'd imagine it has to be soon, Amcas has a deadline by the 31st for them
 
Is that what they said today? I'd imagine it has to be soon, Amcas has a deadline by the 31st for them
1000005136.png
 
Nobody thinks waitlists are going to be sent out April 15th this year? I know that historically hasn’t been the case but the AMP deadline says April 15 for waitlist notifications?
 
Everyone just hold on a little longer waitlist should be posted by the 31st, best of luck.
On the portal it also says:

"If an EDP or Regular Pool applicant that remains under consideration is invited by the Admissions Committee to be on the Wait List, the applicant will be notified of this by e-mail by April 15, 2026. An invitation to be on the Wait List is not an offer of acceptance.

For those that are neither extended an offer of acceptance nor explicitly invited to be on the Wait List by April 15, 2026, the likelihood of acceptance this cycle (i.e., for the 2026 entering class) is quite low."

So it may not even be the 31st that we will know.
 
On the portal it also says:

"If an EDP or Regular Pool applicant that remains under consideration is invited by the Admissions Committee to be on the Wait List, the applicant will be notified of this by e-mail by April 15, 2026. An invitation to be on the Wait List is not an offer of acceptance.

For those that are neither extended an offer of acceptance nor explicitly invited to be on the Wait List by April 15, 2026, the likelihood of acceptance this cycle (i.e., for the 2026 entering class) is quite low."

So it may not even be the 31st that we will know.
AMCAS says 31st
 
I will say this year is weird compared to previous years. With no acceptances posted since January and no waitlist posted yet (previous years 2021: Mar 12; 2022: Mar 24; 2023: Mar 28; 2024: April 3; and 2025: Mar 25) we are in uncharted waters soo let's have fun, and ride it out. Best of luck to all and have a happy Easter!
 
I will say this year is weird compared to previous years. With no acceptances posted since January and no waitlist posted yet (previous years 2021: Mar 12; 2022: Mar 24; 2023: Mar 28; 2024: April 3; and 2025: Mar 25) we are in uncharted waters soo let's have fun, and ride it out. Best of luck to all and have a happy Easter!
Loving this positivity. We got this guys
 
I emailed admissions this week.

They reiterated admission was a rolling process, I was still under consideration for admission, and the “alternative list will be released in the upcoming weeks.”

Not much info but I wanted to share! We’re still in it until they say no!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed admissions this week.

They reiterated admission was a rolling process, I was still under consideration for admission, and the “alternative list will be released in the upcoming weeks.”

Not much info but I wanted to share! We’re still in it until they say no!
Thank you for being brave and emailing. Thank you for sharing with us, future Doc 💕
 
I emailed admissions this week.

They reiterated admission was a rolling process, I was still under consideration for admission, and the “alternative list will be released in the upcoming weeks.”

Not much info but I wanted to share! We’re still in it until they say no!
They’ve been saying that since February when I called that decisions are coming in the next few weeks. But April 15 is the deadline. It’s coming tomorrow or in the next week. After April 15 your chances of acceptance are incredibly low but never 0, so I don’t know when they are planning to release anything.
 
My current guess is that they are waiting until the very last minute based on UGA’s admission cycle. They don’t want to lose the top half of the class to UGA without hand selecting their replacements.

You have to think, the highest achievers have already been offered spots at 10s of schools, Mercer offered, let’s say ~50 of those student “perfect students” a spot too already. If Mercer loses all of them, or even half of them, to UGA they’ll definitely want to make sure they don’t replace those ~50 4.0 perfect MCAT students with the middle of the waitlist second choice students. Thus the late term interviews and delayed response time. April 15th also happens to be the date when student are required to narrow down their choices to their top 3 which will give Mercer significantly more info on their top 1/3 of the class.

All that to say Mercer is highly incentivized to keep late interview / non-traditional / middle of the road students on the hook until the very last minute to keep them from committing to DO schools or changing paths entirely. You have to remember at the end of the day med schools are for profit businesses that may have a mission but ultimately are about numbers and profit.

That’s just my take anyways. This wasn’t meant to be cynical either, I do think we all still have a real shot this cycle.
 
Last edited:
From the UGA SDN, decisions will be out by April 30th the latest. My guess is that since April 15th is where accepted students have to narrow down their choices, a chunk of decisions might come out then, and all decisions should be released by April 30th. It's been a long waiting game, but we are getting closer!
 
From the UGA SDN, decisions will be out by April 30th the latest. My guess is that since April 15th is where accepted students have to narrow down their choices, a chunk of decisions might come out then, and all decisions should be released by April 30th. It's been a long waiting game, but we are getting closer!
Well on your Mercer portal, it states April 15th is the “deadline” for their decision where if we don’t hear by then the chances of acceptance are extremely low.
 
Well on your Mercer portal, it states April 15th is the “deadline” for their decision where if we don’t hear by then the chances of acceptance are extremely low
They also said that they accept on a rolling basis and meet every 3rd Wednesday of the month :/ .....So I mean its no telling what's going on right now on the admissions board. The April 15th date could change without us knowing. March 31st was also supposed to be an important date. I think the UGA theories are accurate. We can only keep praying, as everything is out of our hands and knowledge.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Super nervous! But I trust in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Whatever outcome will be in His hands. If I don’t get in, of course I would be really sad, but I’ll regroup and try again. We’re gonna be good, future doc!
Amen!!! This waiting game has truly been a test of one's patience. I feel like the Lord has been making me bear that particular fruit of the Spirit even more this season of my life. It has not been easy, but He said in Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope/wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They shall mount up on wings like eagles..." I have been staying in the Word of God (not just because of this circumstance, but in general) and the Lord Jesus has taught me to surrender and submit the desire of becoming a physician to Him daily. In return, I accept His peace (Philippians 4:6-7). Nevertheless, regardless of the outcome my sister in Christ, our God is still good, and He knows what's best for us. Stay encouraged!
 

Amen!!! This waiting game has truly been a test of one's patience. I feel like the Lord has been making me bear that particular fruit of the Spirit even more this season of my life. It has not been easy, but He said in Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope/wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They shall mount up on wings like eagles..." I have been staying in the Word of God (not just because of this circumstance, but in general) and the Lord Jesus has taught me to surrender and submit the desire of becoming a physician to Him daily. In return, I accept His peace (Philippians 4:6-7). Nevertheless, regardless of the outcome my sister in Christ, our God is still good, and He knows what's best for us. Stay encouraged!
This was so beautifully written and I relate so much. Those verses are so fitting to what we’re going through in this cycle… and I just read Isaiah 40:31 recently, wow! I have to submit the desire daily as well 🙏🏾 stay encouraged in Christ, future Doc! ❤️
 
I want to wish everyone the best of luck heading into tomorrow! Admission this cycle has been such a journey the last few months. I’ve really appreciated the board to bounce around theories and shared nervousness with folks. I hope it works out for some or even all of us, if not there’s always next year.

Remember, If you made it this far, graduated, took the MCAT, got an interview, and are still waiting then you would be a great med student, it’s just about lucking into spot at this point.

FYI, there is still the chance that they delay it as we’ve heard nothing from UGA yet and Mercer might decide not tell us anything until then but according to the portal tomorrow is the last date for them to notify.
 
Untitled design.jpg

“Sons of Mercer… of Georgia… my brothers.”


“I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of applicants fails… when we forsake our updates and break all bonds of hope…
but it is not this day.


An hour of waitlists and shattered dreams when the cycle comes crashing down…
but it is not this day!


This day we refresh!
By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,
I bid you stand, Applicants of the South!”
“Ride now… ride now… ride!
Ride for ruin… and the waitlist’s ending!
 
Last edited: