Michigan State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS waitlist #34. Not feeling super great. Anyone know if we/how we will get updates as the waitlist moves?
Not sure if they’ve changed it this year but last year you had to email them and they would reply with your # - and they said to wait until after April 15th to begin doing that. (maybe they let you call them as well?) Otherwise you won’t hear until they have an open seat offer for you. If you never get that far on the list you eventually get an email saying the class is full for the year.

I would assume it’s the same this year, but I don’t know.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if they’ve changed it this year but last year you had to email them and they would reply with your # - and they said to wait until after April 15th to begin doing that. (maybe they let you call them as well?) Otherwise you won’t hear until they have an open seat offer for you. If you never get that far on the list you eventually get an email saying the class is full for the year.

I would assume it’s the same this year, but I don’t know.
Thank you I appreciate it!! Yes, they said to email after March 15 for our rank - just wasn't sure if they'd send any updates periodically!

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't been able to find a facebook page yet, so I made one!

I was told MSU will make an official one and add all of us to it in June/July once all decisions are made!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told MSU will make an official one and add all of us to it in June/July once all decisions are made!
oh **** i thought they were normally made by students, now i’m embarrassed🤦🏼‍♀️

y’all sos what do i do WITH THE FACEBOOK PAGE I MADE??? if MSU is going to add us to one should i delete mine???

y’all sos what do i do WITH THE FACEBOOK PAGE I MADE??? if MSU is going to add us to one should i delete mine???
MSU hasn’t made class Facebook pages in the past, so you should be fine. Congratulations!

Does anyone know when we’ll receive any more information from MSU as far as required supplies, rabies vaccine series, etc? I’d like to start accumulating things over the summer so I’m not so overloaded when classes are starting.

Does anyone know when we’ll receive any more information from MSU as far as required supplies, rabies vaccine series, etc? I’d like to start accumulating things over the summer so I’m not so overloaded when classes are starting.
There will be a virtual summer orientation course when your D2L/NetID is set up that will tell you everything you need to get/do before your actual orientation begins in August. It typically opens up in May/June sometime.

I found the easiest way to get my rabies series and TB test was through MSU. I just called the Olin Health Center when school began and set up 3 appointments to get my shots. They usually don't require the series to be completed until the end of September. You will also be required to have an updated TDap, but you can just get that through your family doctor or after school begins if you're outdated.

Is anybody else still waiting on the MSU application to go through? I submitted my intent to enroll and deposit and now I’m just waiting on my admission to go through so I can get my student ID, etc. and check out financial aid options.

Is anybody else still waiting on the MSU application to go through? I submitted my intent to enroll and deposit and now I’m just waiting on my admission to go through so I can get my student ID, etc. and check out financial aid options.
Have you checked through it all to make sure that you aren’t missing anything to prevent it from going through? Or make sure the payment was successful? When I try to log back into mine it says that I successfully submitted my application and I got an email receipt for the payment. I didn’t seem to have any problems.

Have you checked through it all to make sure that you aren’t missing anything to prevent it from going through? Or make sure the payment was successful? When I try to log back into mine it says that I successfully submitted my application and I got an email receipt for the payment. I didn’t seem to have any problems.
Did you get your MSU application acceptance and student ID yet? I got an email that my application was being reviewed (I have my applicant ID) and receipts for my payments last week. Just wasn’t sure how quickly they processed those apps

Did you get your MSU application acceptance and student ID yet? I got an email that my application was being reviewed (I have my applicant ID) and receipts for my payments last week. Just wasn’t sure how quickly they processed those apps
Oh! Idk then! I actually haven’t even gotten an email that my app is being reviewed yet and I submitted it last Thursday. I did go there for undergrad so I already have a PID and MSU email so idk if that makes a difference 🤷🏻‍♀️

This was the last email I got from them about my application— 😬 and I had gotten one before that one when I started the app and it gave me an ID.

Attachments

• 426258BA-1FAC-408C-BE6B-68C2273F401A.jpeg
    426258BA-1FAC-408C-BE6B-68C2273F401A.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 127
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my application. I felt it was unlikely I would be offered admission at #82 on the waitlist, and I've already been accepted to Oregon which is cheaper. If the waitlist does move that far, I'd rather someone who needed the seat more get it!

Has anyone been called off the waitlist?

How are accepted students finding places to live / people to live with? I didn't go to MSU for undergrad, so I don't know the area well and where most vet students live!

How are accepted students finding places to live / people to live with? I didn't go to MSU for undergrad, so I don't know the area well and where most vet students live!
One option: Once you are accepted there is a CVM housing google doc floating around that you will get access to where people are looking for roommates, renting/selling their homes etc

I went to MSU for undergrad, absolutely stay away from Cedar Village, it’s apartments that are dirt cheap but are basically on campus and is typically where all the parties are, 10/10 not recommended for a grad student unless you have great noise cancelling headphones and don’t mind the occasionally couch burning in the street. Housing really close to campus is fairly expensive if you’re going to have any sort of amenities. My complex was super close to campus and we paid $580/ person plus utilities for a 2 bed/1 bath and we didn’t have free or in unit laundry, no dishwasher, everything was very out of date. If you’re looking for something that’s basically on campus and had the amenities, be prepared to pay $600-$800 minimum, probably around $1000 if you’re looking for a studio or 1 bedroom. Another thing that probably isn’t super weird but caught me off guard when I was looking is that the rent is listed per person for apartments so something listed for $800/month is usually $800/person so $1600/month for a 2 bedroom.

For accepted IS applicants who already attended MSU, did you submit a new application or follow the readmission procedure? Looking at the instructions for next steps after sending in your acceptance letter and $$ the next step is to submit your application. I'm thinking since we already have a student PID and email we may need to follow the readmission procedure?

For accepted IS applicants who already attended MSU, did you submit a new application or follow the readmission procedure? Looking at the instructions for next steps after sending in your acceptance letter and $$ the next step is to submit your application. I'm thinking since we already have a student PID and email we may need to follow the readmission procedure?
I took the readmission as if you were requesting to be readmitted to the DVM program for some reason. I did the normal application and there is a place to put your PID if you attended there for undergrad. I already submitted mine but did have this question and a few others so I actually emailed them about it. When I get a response I’ll let you know.

Adding onto futuresheltervet, recommend staying TF away from Berrytree and any DTN Management apartments for similar reasons+others. Awful experience this year.

Does anyone know if we’re going to be in person next fall for anything/their plans? I know they’re currently completely remote and I don’t want to get an apartment yet if we’re going to be completely virtual 😩

Does anyone know if we’re going to be in person next fall for anything/their plans? I know they’re currently completely remote and I don’t want to get an apartment yet if we’re going to be completely virtual 😩

No plans yet unfortunately.

Adding onto futuresheltervet, recommend staying TF away from Berrytree and any DTN Management apartments for similar reasons+others. Awful experience this year.
Oooh this is good to know because I was looking at berrytree. Not accepted yet but I’ve been looking at east lansing and Columbus to try to plan as much as I can

Did anyone else get a link to a zoom for admissions office hours? I’m a little confused because I’m currently waitlisted and not officially accepted

Did anyone else get a link to a zoom for admissions office hours? I’m a little confused because I’m currently waitlisted and not officially accepted
I did! I am also waitlisted. I think they just want to make sure you have all your questions answered in the event that you get off the waitlist. For most of my waitlisted schools, I am still invited to their virtual visit days/info session

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet? Or have those emails not gone out yet

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet? Or have those emails not gone out yet
I’d be curious to know if they call or email as soon as seats open. I’m wondering also if it’s possible they’re waiting until March 15th to give an update and they‘ll send out a small wave and then do individuals after that...

I doubt people on the waitlist will hear anything until the reply deadline so I wouldn't stress yourself out worrying about it yet.
Thank you! I got rejected to my other schools so it's my last chance to go this year so I'm a little worked up.

• Care
Has anyone on the waitlist higher up been contacted and offered admission?

No I think we're in a holding pattern until the 15th.. only ten more days!
I second this! I saw on Facebook that the person who is #1 for OOS hasn’t been contacted yet so I imagine they’ll send out a first wave on the 15th.

I could be totally overthinking this, but do those on the waitlist email next Monday, March 15th or do we wait until the following day

I could be totally overthinking this, but do those on the waitlist email next Monday, March 15th or do we wait until the following day
I was going to email on the 15th but im assuming they're most likely going to send out updates for everyone anyway with the big shifts in the waitlist since we last heard. But who's to know

Hi all! Was just curious if anyone was planning on commuting next year. I live an hour away from campus and am wondering if that will be alright. I know it’s too soon to tell about in-person classes or not, but was curious if anyone was planning on commuting if so? I’ve heard other schools mention living closer for on calls during clinicals, but wasn’t sure if there’s something else important or MSU specific I hadn’t considered. Thanks!

Hi all! Was just curious if anyone was planning on commuting next year. I live an hour away from campus and am wondering if that will be alright. I know it’s too soon to tell about in-person classes or not, but was curious if anyone was planning on commuting if so? I’ve heard other schools mention living closer for on calls during clinicals, but wasn’t sure if there’s something else important or MSU specific I hadn’t considered. Thanks!
Hey there,
I'm commuting as well- about 50 mins out. The current doctor I work for also commuted his entire enrollment and also drove just a little less than an hour. I think we will be fine. May have to crash at our classmates house for some late study nights and early mornings, but i think the commute will be okay.

I would have hated that commute but I know classmates who live about that far and do fine. In the same way some people have a long commute to qork and don't mind it but I'm adamant I don't want to be more than a half hour from where I work.

If in person teaching resumes I believe (not sure as i was on a different curriculum) that you wll have in person stuff regularly. There's also club meetings and wet labs you may wish to attend when things run normally. There are oppurtunities (even now) to work in the hospital and you might want to take advantage of that. But other than classes those things are optional.

You will need a plan for being closer when you're on call during clinical rotations but outside of that I guess just know your own tolerance for commuting.

If you aren’t from Michigan- the winter commutes are absolutely awful. I live about 30 minutes north and some days it takes an hour or longer to drive in. Other than that - you’ll just need to plan ahead as far as knowing you’ll have two hours on the road each day you come in to campus.

Have you gotten a reply? I emailed this morning as well and have not gotten a response. I’m thinking I might try calling.
What’s the number? I couldn’t find it anywhere...