alissa14

squishy cat enthusiast c/o 2025
Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
DE43B1C8-0E84-423E-A135-4990C56FC949.jpeg
Just got an email from MSU with the transcript of the webinar. Here are some stats in case anyone was curious

Reactions: 4 users

Snowwolf22

Michigan State CVM c/o 2025!!
2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2018
“You can anticipate hearing from us again after the new year.”

*gross sobs* I just wanna know 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

alissa14

Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
So I’m guessing that the final cut is determined from CASPer scores?

About the Ads

alissa14

Nov 5, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
“You can anticipate hearing from us again after the new year.”

*gross sobs* I just wanna know 😅
Right? I was really hoping to drop some of the extra courses I have to take for other schools I applied to

emgesell

MSU CVM c/o 2025!!!!!
Sep 6, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
So I’m guessing that the final cut is determined from CASPer scores?
I'm pretty sure MSU looks over everything for final decisions! I feel like I heard that or read that on their website or in an email or something. So they'll take our whole application along with our CASPer scores now for the final cut. I was really hoping we'd hear back before Christmas! :( But I was also kind of expecting this if they have to look over everyone's application again.

Reactions: 1 users
Dec 11, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Does anyone know an update as to when oos can expect anything further?
Im oos too but I have no idea. I believe last year some OOS students heard back like what would be next friday so I'm hoping we'll also hear back next week

Feb 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Did everyone that qualified like gpa and such get a Casper invite? Or did they narrow it down before the invite?

About the Ads

Viscernable

Baking a fool of myself
Jun 13, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Did everyone that qualified like gpa and such get a Casper invite? Or did they narrow it down before the invite?
A lot of us got an invite pretty much immediately after submitting, so it can’t have been narrowed down beyond maybe a quick screen you meet minimums.

Dec 9, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Im oos too but I have no idea. I believe last year some OOS students heard back like what would be next friday so I'm hoping we'll also hear back next week
Do you think it will be the same situation as the IS where it was an invite to a webinar and not actual released decisions?

Snowwolf22

Michigan State CVM c/o 2025!!
2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2018

MSU sent everyone who met the GPA requirement a CASPer invite. However, MSU will only look at your CASPer score if you’re invited to ‘interview’. Basically, for OOS still waiting to hear back, if you get a webinar invite, that’s your invitation to ‘interview’ with them and from there, you’re accepted or waitlisted! Final decisions are based on CASPer scores and file reviews.

Best of luck to everyone!!

PhiloslothicalStudent

Texas A&M CVM C/O 2025
Jul 24, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Last year for OOS, I was not invited for an interview and I didn’t hear back until mid-January

AdognameIndy

c/o of 2025??
Dec 12, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I definitely feel like we are most likely going to hear either on the 31st of December or the first week of January.

Aug 31, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Does anyone know if rejection emails go out the same time as invitation to the webinar?

About the Ads
Aug 9, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Wait, I’m still confused. I’m OOS and they emailed they have received my CASper score. So what’s next from now?

About the Ads
Jan 1, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I have been in your shoes, but if you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me. Last year I was rejected from 4. Waitlisted at 1 (but never pulled). This is my second go around and I’ve gotten 1 acceptance and 4 rejections so far.

OOS rejection. Extremely defeated, my 4th rejection.

Dec 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Does anyone who got an OOS invite mind posting their stats?
32 year old, male. 3.39 GPA, One failed course (Trig), 10 year experience as a vet tech both at regular and emergency practices. Research credits and 500+ hours voluntering hours. Im a non-traditional student. Hope that helps. Dont give up, you got this!!

pawprintsandponytails

MsState 2025
Apr 16, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
Again echoing what @mmm032 said.

Rejection SUCKS. It isn't easy and it never gets easy. My first year those letters just keep rolling in. I've been there, but it gets better I promise! If any of you would like to talk about anything my inbox is open. Just don't forget each year is different and getting in is just as much a chance game with who is in your stack of applications and whose desk you end up on as much as your qualifications. Don't let a rejection slow you down or give up. And do file reviews for every school possible! This year I have one rejection, one waitlist and three interview invites with three schools left to hear from. I don't know if I will get in, but I am doing a lot better than before after taking almost two years to improve my application. The road to vet school can often times be long and winding, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and the vet med community is one of the more supportive ones.

Take the holiday break and spend time with your love ones, don't dwell!

Reactions: 4 users

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads