Michigan State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am not going to lie, this school is really confusing to me lol. First, they say that CASPER was replacing "interview invites" and now they are saying that CASPER is going to be used as final decisions and the webinar is now the invite? Am I hearing that right?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am not going to lie, this school is really confusing to me lol. First, they say that CASPER was replacing "interview invites" and now they are saying that CASPER is going to be used as final decisions and the webinar is now the invite? Am I hearing that right?
Ummm yeah something like that :laugh:

Ummm yeah something like that :laugh:
wth :laugh: wait so why are they manually inputting CASPER scores now when they could wait for the pool to get smaller? Why input 100s if not 1000s of scores manually when they know a majority may not pass the first round?

Members don't see this ad :)
wth :laugh: wait so why are they manually inputting CASPER scores now when they could wait for the pool to get smaller? Why input 100s if not 1000s of scores manually when they know a majority may not pass the first round?
I think maybe they’ve been putting in scores as they arrive instead of all at once? Who knows? I’m sure things are not as efficient as one might hope because everything had to be changed due to covid

From what I've heard about the webinar, it is replacing the part of the interview in which candidates are not evaluated. It is for those to ask questions to a student panel, watch presentations by the Dean, etc. CASPER replaced the MMI portion of the interview (part in which you are evaluated). For final decisions, they consider file reviews and CASPER scores. I think this is just a timing issue - they had to ask you to send CASPER scores earlier than they would normally send invites... I would not stress (I know easier said than done) about the little things or try and read between the lines in emails.

Just my 2 cents as a 2nd year at MSU

Reactions: 3 users
Hello, new to the thread. I'm ISS and have not received a rejection or webinar invite. Is the webinar invite a must to move forward. Has all of the rejections to ISS gone out? Thanks

IS rejection email sent on Tuesday. I was concerned I got rejected due to not receiving a CASPer confirmation email from taking it on Nov 17th but it sounds like the webinar invite was based off of file reviews. Really disappointed as I got an interview last year and finished 6th on the waitlist. Thought this year would be my year 😔

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
IS rejection email sent on Tuesday. I was concerned I got rejected due to not receiving a CASPer confirmation email from taking it on Nov 17th but it sounds like the webinar invite was based off of file reviews. Really disappointed as I got an interview last year and finished 6th on the waitlist. Thought this year would be my year 😔
Did you get the rejection email?

Did you get the rejection email?
Yes. On Tuesday. I don’t understand. I improved my application from last year. I don’t get how I couldn’t even get waitlisted again this year.

Yes. On Tuesday. I don’t understand. I improved my application from last year. I don’t get how I couldn’t even get waitlisted again this year.
That is such a bummer..Did you get a file review last year?

They don’t offer file reviews anymore 😞
Do you have any OOS options? :/ I’m really sorry about your rejection, I wonder what possibly could have kept you from continuing if you made it so far last year :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone OOS gotten a rejection?
Even if they’ve not looked at CASPer scores yet, OOS most likely still won’t hear until after the OOS CASPer 12/10 deadline. It was a little over a week after the IS CASPer deadline that we heard.

I am curious to see how many people MSU invited for the webinar and to ‘interview’ this year. I know it’s not going to be a precise number— as people could withdraw and others aren’t able to attend— but I’m curious if it’ll be similar in numbers to what it’d be if we did in person MMI.

Even if they’ve not looked at CASPer scores yet, OOS most likely still won’t hear until after the OOS CASPer 12/10 deadline. It was a little over a week after the IS CASPer deadline that we heard.

I am curious to see how many people MSU invited for the webinar and to ‘interview’ this year. I know it’s not going to be a precise number— as people could withdraw and others aren’t able to attend— but I’m curious if it’ll be similar in numbers to what it’d be if we did in person MMI.
Did they invite OOS to the webinar? Or was it just IS?

Did they invite OOS to the webinar? Or was it just IS?
The webinar today is just the IS webinar. OOS will most likely have one in the new year. MSU has always separated their IS and OOS interviews.

I’m so sorry to hear this! That really is a bummer. Especially since they don’t do file reviews! I hope something works out for you at another school!

For those attending the webinar in 40 minutes, are ya’ll ‘dressing up’?? 😅

For those attending the webinar in 40 minutes, are ya’ll ‘dressing up’?? 😅
I have a nice sweater on and did my makeup 😅😅 that’s it though. I’m sure there will be people in sweats and probably people more dressed up so I decided to go in the middle. They said they aren’t evaluating us so I wouldn’t worry!

I have a nice sweater on and did my makeup 😅😅 that’s it though. I’m sure there will be people in sweats and probably people more dressed up so I decided to go in the middle. They said they aren’t evaluating us so I wouldn’t worry!

I tossed on a nice shirt and sweater as well! I was just curious if others were going to ‘dress nice’ as well. Didn’t want to be the odd one out— if we use our cameras at least! lmao

Can't wait to see all your gorgeous faces soon! <3

For those of you invited to the webinar tonight, when did you receive this invite? I'm OOS so I'm just trying to gauge the timeline.

For those of you invited to the webinar tonight, when did you receive this invite? I'm OOS so I'm just trying to gauge the timeline.
About a week after the CASPer deadline for IS had passed and the webinar happened a week later. Since that would put OOS at Christmas, you might not hear until the New Year.

The webinar also confirmed that we’re either ‘waitlisted’ or ‘accepted’.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Soooo... didn’t need to get dressed up but

About a week after the CASPer deadline for IS had passed and the webinar happened a week later. Since that would put OOS at Christmas, you might not hear until the New Year.

Thank you and congrats to everyone invited to the webinar!

Soooo... didn’t need to get dressed up but

I was really hoping they’d talk more about the admissions process :/

I don’t remember, did they give a timeline on when we would hear next??

I don’t remember, did they give a timeline on when we would hear next??
No, they didn’t really have an estimated time of when we’d hear. All they said really was that they were ahead of schedule this year. So I’d imagine we’d hear something in the next few weeks??

No, they didn’t really have an estimated time of when we’d hear. All they said really was that they were ahead of schedule this year. So I’d imagine we’d hear something in the next few weeks??
Yeah that’s the kind of stuff I was hoping to find out! Purely out of curiosity haha. I had a similar session with another school and they took a few minutes to talk about how many apps they received, how many people they invited to interview (or in MSU’s case move on in the process), when we could expect to find out, etc.

Yeah that’s the kind of stuff I was hoping to find out! Purely out of curiosity haha. I had a similar session with another school and they took a few minutes to talk about how many apps they received, how many people they invited to interview (or in MSU’s case move on in the process), when we could expect to find out, etc.
Ah, yeah! I was hoping for stuff like that as well— mainly how many people were invited to the webinar— but I was a bit afraid to ask tbh 😅

Ah, yeah! I was hoping for stuff like that as well— mainly how many people were invited to the webinar— but I was a bit afraid to ask tbh 😅
Oh yeah, I did not want to ask 😂😅 I’m sure everyone was wondering, though, so I’m still thinking it may be answered in the big Q&A document they said they’d get to us.

RIP every time I get an email from MSU I nearly have a heart attack 😅

(They just emailed me confirming they received my signed deficiency form)

Oh yeah, I did not want to ask 😂😅 I’m sure everyone was wondering, though, so I’m still thinking it may be answered in the big Q&A document they said they’d get to us.
I noticed people who asked those kinds of questions asked anonymously and I thought that was funny

Did they say when the transcript of the webinar would be emailed? End of next week right? Also I’m curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on if they plan to move to east Lansing if things continue online for the fall semester

Did they say when the transcript of the webinar would be emailed? End of next week right? Also I’m curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on if they plan to move to east Lansing if things continue online for the fall semester
They said we should probably get it by the the end of this week! And (if I get an acceptance *fingers crossed*) if everything is 100% online I’d stay home. My husband and I have a house about an hour/hour and a half away from campus so it wouldn’t make sense for me to move there.

My parents live half an hour from campus so I’m gonna crash with them and be a mooch 😬 and my husband’s parents live right next door so we can be extra mooch-y🙈

• Haha
I’m about 2 hours from east lansing. It’s right in that middle some where it’s not too far to drive and spend a day there, but far enough to be inconvenient, time-consuming, and costly gas wise

Just got confirmation they got my Casper as an OOS, took it on 11-17

Just got confirmation that they received my CASPer scores! I took it back on 10/29. OOS

So basically if we are OOS we should be expecting to hear something later next week if they follow about the same schedule as they did with IS?

So basically if we are OOS we should be expecting to hear something later next week if they follow about the same schedule as they did with IS?
Looks like OOS last year heard around December 18th. The timeline could be different of course, but I'd expect it to come in the next 2 wks or so.

I am beyond ecstatic that Michigan says that they are ahead of time! That's impressive, I am hoping we hear back next week.

For anyone this pertains to, I did email MSU about the gen-ed deficinecies form, and they said it was just to acknowledge that we understand the requirement. If you already have a bachelor's degree, and you checked off the box about having one by July 2021, you're all good!

DE43B1C8-0E84-423E-A135-4990C56FC949.jpeg

Just got an email from MSU with the transcript of the webinar. Here are some stats in case anyone was curious

Reactions: 4 users