Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

anyone who was waitlisted for an interview get an interview yet?
Do people get waitlisted for interviews? I have never heard of this anywhere.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #2
School: MWU - AZ
Notification date: 7/20/21
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28/21
Application complete date: 7/1/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.54, 3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/23/26/no
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/28/21
Method of interview: In person
see you on 10/28/2021!!!

For those interviewing next week, there are no forms that we need to sign online prior to the interview date itself is that correct? So far I've only received a confirmation email with the map of the school + masking rules. I'm just wondering if I missed emails about signing a consent or something similar. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those interviewing next week, there are no forms that we need to sign online prior to the interview date itself is that correct? So far I've only received a confirmation email with the map of the school + masking rules. I'm just wondering if I missed emails about signing a consent or something similar. Thanks!
Just curious - what are the masking rules for the interview?

Anyone else receive an interview invite but no dates available to schedule an interview?

Is anyone here having problems with their portal? I keep getting an error when the demographic questionnaire appears as it won't let me say I am not born in the US?

Is anyone here having problems with their portal? I keep getting an error when the demographic questionnaire appears as it won't let me say I am not born in the US?
I'm having a similar issue. It's telling me that "lived outside the United States is a required field" even though I answered the 3 questions.

ok, thank god I am not the only one
Haha yeah, do you know if the demographic update is required though? I already scheduled my interview a while ago so it's not too much of an issue, but it seems like we can't access any info on the portal unless we submit the demographic questionnaire.

Haha yeah, do you know if the demographic update is required though? I already scheduled my interview a while ago so it's not too much of an issue, but it seems like we can't access any info on the portal unless we submit the demographic questionnaire.
I honestly don't know, I have emailed the admissions office. I was just checking to see if there were dates available for me to re-schedule for an earlier interview haha.

I honestly don't know, I have emailed the admissions office. I was just checking to see if there were dates available for me to re-schedule for an earlier interview haha.
Awesome, do you mind letting me know what admissions says? I've also been checking every now and then since mine is scheduled in December, but no luck thus far.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is scheduled for Jan 11 and I'm no longer able to reschedule it because the "reschedule" button disappeared a few days ago. Anyone else having the same problem?

Looks like the portal was updated since I was able to submit my demographic questionnaire without any issues!

Does anyone have an interview on October 6th? I’d like to meet some people on the interview day :)

does anyone know if family (aka parents) are able to tour the school with you during the interview day? Or is it just the applicants allowed?

does anyone know if family (aka parents) are able to tour the school with you during the interview day? Or is it just the applicants allowed?
I think so bc in an email they sent me they mentioned if you have additional guests then have them fill out health screening forms as well. Though on my interview day no one had guests with them. Just to be sure, double check with them before you finalize your plans!

Interview #2
School: MWU-Arizona
Notification date: 07/13
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/9
Application complete date: 6/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.74, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/No
Dates available: U have an option of choosing dates
Method of interview: In-Person

Interview #1
School: MWU-Arizona
Notification date: 09/01
Method of notification: None, checked the portal
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22
Application complete date: 7/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.1, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/19/23/Yes-Ochem 16
Dates available: 11/8/21
Method of interview: In-Person

For anyone that has already interviewed, did you receive an email that says “thank you for interviewing and please check back on Dec 1”? I don’t want to read too much into it, but in the past and on SDN, I’ve heard it might be a good sign?

For anyone that has already interviewed, did you receive an email that says “thank you for interviewing and please check back on Dec 1”? I don’t want to read too much into it, but in the past and on SDN, I’ve heard it might be a good sign?
Hey, how was the interview?

My interview is scheduled for Jan 11 and I'm no longer able to reschedule it because the "reschedule" button disappeared a few days ago. Anyone else having the same problem?
about two weeks ago, it only gave me February dates... seems way too far from now...

For those of you who have interviewed already, would you mind help us by telling what was the interview style and how many ppl were you interviewed by?? Thanks really appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 users
Just want to make sure, I received an email from their pharm school with part of the email stating, "This year you applied to our College of Dental Medicine – Arizona but unfortunately your application did not advance through the process as you had originally planned" and then continued on about their pharm school. Is this a standard automated email people get or did I just get rejected? I'm just worried and AADSAS shows that my app is still under review.

Just want to make sure, I received an email from their pharm school with part of the email stating, "This year you applied to our College of Dental Medicine – Arizona but unfortunately your application did not advance through the process as you had originally planned" and then continued on about their pharm school. Is this a standard automated email people get or did I just get rejected? I'm just worried and AADSAS shows that my app is still under review.
I received the same email and my AADSAS also says still under review. I emailed them back asking if a decision has been made. Hopefully they will respond back soon.

Hey guys, I also got the pharmacy email. I was rejected early since I did not meet the GPA requirements. AADSAS showed Under Review then and it still shows Under Review now. I think a lot of schools reject without updating the portal. Maybe they are waiting until Dec 1.

pretty sure that's a rejection my friend. sorry :(

Hey guys, I also got the pharmacy email. I was rejected early since I did not meet the GPA requirements. AADSAS showed Under Review then and it still shows Under Review now. I think a lot of schools reject without updating the portal. Maybe they are waiting until Dec 1.
it's likely a rejection. i applied last year, got this, and never received an invite. i think you still have a shot, but from experience, it's not a good sign

I just received an invitation to interview but unfortunately no dates are available :(
However they did say that they anticipate openings will occur at we move closer to the end of the year.

I just received an invitation to interview but unfortunately no dates are available :(
However they did say that they anticipate openings will occur at we move closer to the end of the year.
Same here. Are you going to be checking all the time or are you depending on there system to notify you?
Best of luck!

Congratulations! Do you mind me asking when your application was complete?

Hello! I interviewed at Midwestern on October 6th. The interview itself was pretty quick (around 30-45 mins for most people) and mine was done by two MWU professors. There were four different panels of interviewers. They split us into two groups - an early interview group and late interview group. I was apart of the late interview group and we got to tour the campus first while the other group did their interviews. They say you typically hear back within a month. (I was waitlisted this time unfortunately). Good luck to everyone interviewing!

Hello! I interviewed at Midwestern on October 6th. The interview itself was pretty quick (around 30-45 mins for most people) and mine was done by two MWU professors. There were four different panels of interviewers. They split us into two groups - an early interview group and late interview group. I was apart of the late interview group and we got to tour the campus first while the other group did their interviews. They say you typically hear back within a month. (I was waitlisted this time unfortunately). Good luck to everyone interviewing!
you heard back already?

When I interviewed there in September, they said we wouldn't hear from them until December 1st, so now I am confused.

how was the interview?
It wasn't bad. You do a campus tour in the morning which helps you calm down quite a bit, they show you everything about the school and answer all the questions. Then we all have lunch with D2 and D3's students that also answer all the questions. We are only interviewed at the end, it lasts about 20-30 minutes and you are interviewed by one admissions staff, one professor and one student.

It wasn't bad. You do a campus tour in the morning which helps you calm down quite a bit, they show you everything about the school and answer all the questions. Then we all have lunch with D2 and D3's students that also answer all the questions. We are only interviewed at the end, it lasts about 20-30 minutes and you are interviewed by one admissions staff, one professor and one student.
Was it conversational at all?

How did you like the campus/area/clinic?
It really liked it there. They really do a great job on "selling" the program. The campus is very big, and the clinics are so advanced in technology. Everyone is extremely friendly and they will answer all your questions.

Does your thank you for interviewing specifically say check back on December 1st? I got a thank you but it just says I’ll be notified once a decision has been made.