Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

Started by BB8730
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hey guys

Is there any way to check the progress of your application?
Not seeing anything at the portal site.

TIA

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys

Is there any way to check the progress of your application?
Not seeing anything at the portal site.

TIA

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

The only portal change you'd see at this point would be a secondary invite, an II (if they've started reviewing apps at this point), and your app document checklist. As far as seeing if your app has been reviewed or anything, you'd have to call Admissions.
 
Is anyone aware of a minimum MCAT score for interview invitations? I'm sitting at 26 with plans to retake, but received secondary and am ready to submit.
 
Everyone gets seconds... Submit them, $50 well spent... You'll never know if you don't.
 
So for the "why CCOM/AZCOM" prompt are we basically praising their schools? That is close to the number one thing we were told not to do for undergrad essays, but if that is what it is... I guess we just fit what we like about the school and how it will help us become better osteopathic physicians? At least these come with a "why you" prompt too.
 
When do they send out IIs?

Last year, I submitted my secondary around the end of August. I got an II within about 2 weeks, and due to what I can only assume was a late cancellation, was able to schedule my interview for less than a week later. I was accepted in the last week of September. I think last year interviews started around the 10th of September. Looking at last year's school-specific thread, it looks like the 1st II's went out about this time last year. I hope that helps!
 
Last year, I submitted my secondary around the end of August. I got an II within about 2 weeks, and due to what I can only assume was a late cancellation, was able to schedule my interview for less than a week later. I was accepted in the last week of September. I think last year interviews started around the 10th of September. Looking at last year's school-specific thread, it looks like the 1st II's went out about this time last year. I hope that helps!

What day exactly last year? I'd check....but I'm lazy 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to say the earliest sdn reports of invites were 7/26 last year

Mmmm. NurWullen said otherwise. Dangit now I gotta go check.

Sorry, my bad. Looks like GIpremed was right. I'm not sure how I messed that one up, since I was looking right at last year's thread. Sorry to get your hopes up guys.

Any, 7/26 was when the 1st reports of II's appeared on SDN.
 
Did you apply last year? I know stat isn't everything. I just hope my app is good enough to get an interview here. Are u an reapplicant? Did u apply to Midwestern last year?

Nah I'm not a reapplicant here. I applied md only last year and no luck. Sorry... Hope I didn't offend you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MCAT rumors
I trust you're intelligent enough to follow this: in spite of the SDN rumor, if the 2015 and 2016 classes, had an average of 28 (per midwestern.edu) on their MCAT, do you honestly think it's probable that a class of 250 managed not to have any matriculants with an MCAT <27? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Not probable, especially since at least one person in 2015 reportedly had a 24. It's AZCOM, not Harvard.


I have heard admissions advisors say anything < 28 probably won't get invited for an interview. "Most applicants" need a 28 to be invited for an interview. That is what I have heard. Any feedback on this?
 
MCAT rumors
I trust you're intelligent enough to follow this: in spite of the SDN rumor, if the 2015 and 2016 classes, had an average of 28 (per midwestern.edu) on their MCAT, do you honestly think it's probable that a class of 250 managed not to have any matriculants with an MCAT <27? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Not probable, especially since at least one person in 2015 reportedly had a 24. It's AZCOM, not Harvard.


I have heard admissions advisors say anything < 28 probably won't get invited for an interview. "Most applicants" need a 28 to be invited for an interview. That is what I have heard. Any feedback on this?

Math doesn't lie...unless it's statistics.
Being coy aside, if you have even a decent application and a score 26+, you've got a very decent shot at an II and acceptance.
 
Good news-my application was marked "complete"
Bad news-they uploaded a physician letter from a physician i have never herad of aka the wrong physician letter.....must call to correct. How does that happen? haha

calling admissions has been tough, sent to a voicemail service everytime so far....frustrating
 
nevermind...all is well....

hoping for an interview invite....anyone know how long after secndary submissions those might come?
thanks!!!
 
II's came out about this time last year according to the last years thread.
 
Last year's thread had II's around this time and most were high mcat scores...not saying thats how they do it, just something i noticed.
 
I clicked on the interview scheduling box and there was a list of available dates. There was no email or "Congratulations" page. lol just a list of days.
 
I clicked on the interview scheduling box and there was a list of available dates. There was no email or "Congratulations" page. lol just a list of days.

Nice!

I hope my portal changes soon. Just out of curiosity, were there any interviews on Monday?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if they send out II one day a week (wed for this year) or if its on a daily or rolling basis? thanks