Misfits WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Umm.... When did you say you could start blocking???

Also, Lupin said she was "attacked" that doesn't sound like "blocking" to me.
Just honestly curious.

You KNOW I can block now. You actually used the word block earlier tonight when you asked me about N8. So, I'm not sure why the confusion and alarm all of the sudden. I feel like a couple of you are trying to come up with some way to make me out to be the bad guy.

Here:

What is making you "uneasy"? I know you say you can't pinpoint it, but there has to be some reason, would be interested to know what that reason is.

Also, I am interested in who you blocked on Night 8.

Being "silenced" of sorts(not being able to PM or vote, but you can still post on thread) probably does feel like an "attack", but it is in fact a block not an attack. The "silencing" part is side effect.

Here is where it was originally brought up during the heated moment of the past day.

I can block. You dunderheads. Yes, I started the game with no role. I was then upgraded. I am still Sally. I am still a villager. But it was in my game mechanic to upgrade at some point.

Members don't see this ad.

You KNOW I can block now. You actually used the word block earlier tonight when you asked me about N8. So, I'm not sure why the confusion and alarm all of the sudden. I feel like a couple of you are trying to come up with some way to make me out to be the bad guy.

Here:

Being "silenced" of sorts(not being able to PM or vote, but you can still post on thread) probably does feel like an "attack", but it is in fact a block not an attack. The "silencing" part is side effect.

Here is where it was originally brought up during the heated moment of the past day.

You might want to go back and look at Lupin's wording of what her PM said.... It told her she was attacked, same thing happened to wld the night before (IIRC, I remember seeing this inn the thread)... Mods don't use "attack" for blocking and blocking usually only has the side effect of the person not being able to use their role, it usually doesn't prevent them from PMing or lynching...

Also, if you look back, I was "attacked" on night 2 and could not PM or lynch, BUT according to you, you only just got this blocking role a few nights ago...

You might want to go back and look at Lupin's wording of what her PM said.... It told her she was attacked, same thing happened to wld the night before (IIRC, I remember seeing this inn the thread)... Mods don't use "attack" for blocking and blocking usually only has the side effect of the person not being able to use their role, it usually doesn't prevent them from PMing or lynching...

Also, if you look back, I was "attacked" on night 2 and could not PM or lynch, BUT according to you, you only just got this blocking role a few nights ago...

The role pm I got from Hedgie on N6 first said "seer affiliation". Then a few hours, she changed it to "block" saying it was a mistake. :laugh:

N1-N6 I had no role what-so-ever. TRH was my first block, and there were no kills that night. So, I am not the one "attacking".

Each mod is different. :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
The role pm I got from Hedgie on N6 first said "seer affiliation". Then a few hours, she changed it to "block" saying it was a mistake. :laugh:

N1-N6 I had no role what-so-ever. TRH was my first block, and there were no kills that night. So, I am not the one "attacking".

Each mod is different. :shrug:

But you ARE the one "attacking". If you are the one that is preventing people from voting in lynches and PMing then you are the one "attacking".

I find it very odd for a "blocking" role to have this much of an effect. The blocking role usually prevents a role from being performed that night, NOT prevents the role and stops them from PMing and stops them from voting. To me, that is a bit over-kill for a "blocking" role.

Not to mention, that I was "attacked" by this same method on Night 2, a night in which you did not have this power.

The only way that you could NOT be the "attacker" is if you are NOT the one preventing people from voting or PMing as I have seen this PM from the mod. It is one PM that states (this is not verbatim, if I need verbatim I will go look up the PM again): "You were attacked last night. Your "investigation" (this is what it said for me) failed. You also can not post in the thread or PM while you are recovering from this attack." I was healed later on that same night.

So, what you are saying is that you are not "attacking" someone else must have "attacked" both Lupin and wld on the same night that you blocked them? And their "attack" has the exact same effect as your blocking ability does?

But you ARE the one "attacking". If you are the one that is preventing people from voting in lynches and PMing then you are the one "attacking".

I find it very odd for a "blocking" role to have this much of an effect. The blocking role usually prevents a role from being performed that night, NOT prevents the role and stops them from PMing and stops them from voting. To me, that is a bit over-kill for a "blocking" role.

Not to mention, that I was "attacked" by this same method on Night 2, a night in which you did not have this power.

The only way that you could NOT be the "attacker" is if you are NOT the one preventing people from voting or PMing as I have seen this PM from the mod. It is one PM that states (this is not verbatim, if I need verbatim I will go look up the PM again): "You were attacked last night. Your "investigation" (this is what it said for me) failed. You also can not post in the thread or PM while you are recovering from this attack." I was healed later on that same night.

So, what you are saying is that you are not "attacking" someone else must have "attacked" both Lupin and wld on the same night that you blocked them? And their "attack" has the exact same effect as your blocking ability does?

*Post in thread= vote you can not vote or PM

All I was told by hedgie was that I could block, and the person being blocked would not be able to perform their nightly action AND they would be "effectively silenced the next day". There was nothing said about attacking. And I am still a villager. I am not attacking people. Maybe hedgie wants to be cruel and is using the word attack in place of block, in those PM's. I don't know.

You lynch me, we lose another villager. And then we DO get down to endgame, especially if there are two wolves left.

All I was told by hedgie was that I could block, and the person being blocked would not be able to perform their nightly action AND they would be "effectively silenced the next day". There was nothing said about attacking. And I am still a villager. I am not attacking people. Maybe hedgie wants to be cruel and is using the word attack in place of block, in those PM's. I don't know.

You lynch me, we lose another villager. And then we DO get down to endgame, especially if there are two wolves left.

So how exactly was this same method of "blocking" used on me Night 2 when you did not have this ability?

So how exactly was this same method of "blocking" used on me Night 2 when you did not have this ability?

Did someone die that had that ability? And that's why I "upgraded"? I was not made aware of a possible upgrade at the beginning of the game. It was a surprise.

I'm going to bed. I need a few hours before another 15 hour day. :thumbup: Lynching me will not get a wolf.

Did someone die that had that ability? And that's why I "upgraded"? I was not made aware of a possible upgrade at the beginning of the game. It was a surprise.

I am on my phone and can't look back at the write ups right now. I don't recall anyone with that ability except maybe rojo? but if memory serves me right he died on night one. Only other possibilities are wolves that have died.

I am on my way to class right now, I can confirm that what LIS said about what Dwin PMed is indeed true. I also want to be sure all information is out before I go to class... I was told last night that you were "good", however I was told the same about FFM as well. This is why I haven't lynched you, I need to think and ask someone a question before I make a decision here.

I am on my phone and can't look back at the write ups right now. I don't recall anyone with that ability except maybe rojo? but if memory serves me right he died on night one. Only other possibilities are wolves that have died.

I am on my way to class right now, I can confirm that what LIS said about what Dwin PMed is indeed true. I also want to be sure all information is out before I go to class... I was told last night that you were "good", however I was told the same about FFM as well. This is why I haven't lynched you, I need to think and ask someone a question before I make a decision here.

There were other villagers that died/got lynched that we were only given names for. Not abilities. I'm guessing it was one of them.

Mayor vote tally
DVMDream--2 (DVMD, jam)
LIS--3 (LIS, kaydubs, wld)

Lynch vote tally
WS--3 (LIS, kaydubs, wld)
jam--1 (WS)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well iguess that answers my question about dwins afilliation. I am a villager. I told dwin that in order to makr an informed decision abouy who to block, i would need to have,'some' information about some people. I was not demanding. Simply asking.other people knew who he was besides jusy me. He was also the one to suggest to me that i should block lupin. Sorry lupin, but you can still talk on thread.

Gut feeling says
####lynch LIS####

According to Dwin, who we know was a villager, this is a lie. Dwin very specifically said you asked for "everything" that he knew about "everybody". He was exacting in his choice of words. It was not "some" information about "some" people.

Care to rethink what you asked for, WS? Because I'm going to believe the dead villager over the suspicious unknown.

I was told last night that you were "good", however I was told the same about FFM as well. This is why I haven't lynched you, I need to think and ask someone a question before I make a decision here.

Sigh.

unlynch WS

I don't know what to think about the investigation.

So I wanted to clarify what my PM said. "You were detained and attacked last night. You cannot vote or PM for a day and night cycle."

If feels like the game shifted in the wrong direction when we lynched Tropic. I think last night really hurt the villagers. I wish cuit were still alive so she could help.

So I wanted to clarify what my PM said. "You were detained and attacked last night. You cannot vote or PM for a day and night cycle."

If feels like the game shifted in the wrong direction when we lynched Tropic. I think last night really hurt the villagers. I wish cuit were still alive so she could help.

Why do you think the game shifted in the wrong direction when we lynched Tropic? Can you expand on that thought? I agree last night losing Dwin was a big loss for the villagers.

And just for comparison here was my PM from when I was attacked on Night 2: "On your way to look into LIS someone attacked you :(. You were unable to complete your mission and worse yet you are still injured today. That means you can't pm with other players during the day or night cycle and you can't vote in the lynch."

According to Dwin, who we know was a villager, this is a lie. Dwin very specifically said you asked for "everything" that he knew about "everybody". He was exacting in his choice of words. It was not "some" information about "some" people.

Care to rethink what you asked for, WS? Because I'm going to believe the dead villager over the suspicious unknown.

I gave him specific names of people I knew nothing about,, and yes, I asked him if he would give me any information he had on those people. I did NOT say, give me all your information. I ASKED.

If I don't ask, people don't share. I did not want to block the wrong person. In the end(after asking him all that), it FINALLY came to light that not much was known about Lupin and then Dwin said Lupin would be a good candidate for blocking.

I also only had 1.5 hours before I had to leave for work for Dwin and I to be messaging back and forth. Not a whole lot of time when neither one of us really trusted the other. :laugh:

Who else knew who Dwin was besides you(LIS) and DVMD? (he could have been killed not knowing who he was, too. If I was a wolf, I wouldn't want someone that PM across groups, either)

What I do now? Still a villager. My suspicions of you continue....

Dwin had expressed suspicion of you before he died. He pointed out that the mod wrote in Alor's write up, "A familiar face wasn't just stopping him for a chat." I could be wrong, but knowing your character name, knowing who Alor's was and seeing you post a few times early on that Alor's could clear you, I think that you might be that "familiar face".

Basically, I am going with one of Dwin's suspicions that he had before he died.

Who else knew who Dwin was besides you(LIS) and DVMD? (he could have been killed not knowing who he was, too. If I was a wolf, I wouldn't want someone that PM across groups, either)

Anyone who is the mayor will be able to PM across groups, that is the mayor ability, it was posted blatantly in the tread and you even told Dwin to not waste the ability on you earlier on in the game. Kind of an odd thing to say. I honestly do not know who all Dwin told who he was. Since he was able to PM so many other people; I don't know what was said in those communications.

DVMD, earlier you were musing about why FFM showed up as "good" and then turned out bad. I wonder he had a %(like 25%) chance to seer incorrectly?

My vote sticks with Jam right now. Convert after giving us Dyachei (what I'm thinking. I do not know for sure)

Dwin and I also discussed suspicions of kaydubs...

unlynch WS

Lynch.kaydubs

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Dwin had expressed suspicion of you before he died. He pointed out that the mod wrote in Alor's write up, "A familiar face wasn't just stopping him for a chat." I could be wrong, but knowing your character name, knowing who Alor's was and seeing you post a few times early on that Alor's could clear you, I think that you might be that "familiar face".

Basically, I am going with one of Dwin's suspicions that he had before he died.

damnit, why didn't Dwin tell me this part when he said he was wondering about Kaydubs, to me? I would have been more inclined to block her, then. I never caught that in the write-up(something about working 16 hours days. :laugh:)

I gave him specific names of people I knew nothing about,, and yes, I asked him if he would give me any information he had on those people. I did NOT say, give me all your information. I ASKED.

That is not how he characterized it. Maybe it's just him inaccurately characterizing what you asked, but he was emphatic that you asked for "EVERYTHING" he knew about "EVERYONE". His words, not mine.

Other than Nohika, who is a dead villager, I have no idea who knew who Dwin was besides me and DVMD.

Anyone who is the mayor will be able to PM across groups, that is the mayor ability, it was posted blatantly in the tread and you even told Dwin to not waste the ability on you earlier on in the game. Kind of an odd thing to say. I honestly do not know who all Dwin told who he was. Since he was able to PM so many other people; I don't know what was said in those communications.

It's not "odd" to say at all. Killing the person in that mayor chair, gives the wolves another chance to put one of their own in there.

Thought maybe he might have told you who all he told/hinted at.

It's not "odd" to say at all. Killing the person in that mayor chair, gives the wolves another chance to put one of their own in there.

Thought maybe he might have told you who all he told/hinted at.

I don't get what you are saying? EVERYONE knew the mayor ability. It was posted in thread... I posted it a long time ago. So to answer your question as to who knew that Dwin could PM outside the group: WHO DIDN'T?? Everyone knew.

Now, I'm rethinking this Kaydubs thing. But I have to go back to work. See you in a couple hours. I may have some breakfast food with syrup today.

I don't get what you are saying? EVERYONE knew the mayor ability. It was posted in thread... I posted it a long time ago. So to answer your question as to who knew that Dwin could PM outside the group: WHO DIDN'T?? Everyone knew.

No, no, no. :laugh: I was asking, who knew that Dwin could seer affiliation. I know everyone knows he can PM. :laugh:

No, no, no. :laugh: I was asking, who knew that Dwin could seer affiliation. I know everyone knows he can PM. :laugh:

You need to word your posts better or something. Or perhaps I am just failing at reading.

I don't know who all he told. I have known since the moment I came back, he started PMing me right away and we have been working together and discussing the game since.

I was very open with Dwin when he PM'ed me. He said one of the seers couldn't see me. I think it MAY have something to do with my ability. Dunno.

Lynch me, lynch a villager. Best of luck, villagers! I'm still PM-ing with lupin (who I hope is NOT a wolf).

I was very open with Dwin when he PM'ed me. He said one of the seers couldn't see me. I think it MAY have something to do with my ability. Dunno.

Lynch me, lynch a villager. Best of luck, villagers! I'm still PM-ing with lupin (who I hope is NOT a wolf).

Hmm... I know what your ability is, but don't see how that would affect an investigation.

He also mentioned that you told him that you had not really used your ability as of then... will have to look back as to when he said that.

Hmm... I know what your ability is, but don't see how that would affect an investigation.

He also mentioned that you told him that you had not really used your ability as of then... will have to look back as to when he said that.

I know what night the failed investigation was. According to Dwin's PM to me, you had told him that you had yet to use your role. This was told to him AFTER the failed investigation. Which means your role was not being used at the time of investigation, unless you lied to him.

I know what night the failed investigation was. According to Dwin's PM to me, you had told him that you had yet to use your role. This was told to him AFTER the failed investigation. Which means your role was not being used at the time of investigation, unless you lied to him.

No reason to lie. If you think I'm your best lynch choice, I can't really convince you otherwise.

I'm not able to pm this cycle. :(

Also, just to put it out there, kdubs told me what you all know, I think, that she was linked to alors and hadn't used her ability. She had been in contact with Dwin one cycle and since he lynched tropic, I felt like he believed her to be villager.

Mayor vote tally
DVMDream--2 (DVMD, jam)

Lynch vote tally
WS--2 ( kaydubs, wld)
jam--1 (WS)
kaydubs--2 (DVMDream, jam)

Oh noes there's a tie. You can have until 12:30 to sort this out and then I deal with it my own way.

elect DVMD
lynch WS

I hope you really do talk to the wolves this time!

Mayor vote tally
DVMDream--3 (DVMD, jam, swings)

Lynch vote tally
WS--4 ( kaydubs, wld, jam, swings)
jam--1 (WS)
kaydubs--2 (DVMDream)

Day is closed. Mayor vote tie doesn't matter because I flipped a coin.

What. Seriously guys. You just lynched a villager.

You just voted for someone who could block a wolf. :nono: