Mississippi State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the area code they call from? Does it come up from Mississippi? Normally I don’t answer unknown callers with all the spammers lately, now I’m freaking out I might miss a call or did miss one
The area code for mine was 662 and it said on my phone it came from Starkville, MS!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
ooh the wait is killing me haha... for oos, do any of you guys have an idea on how many they are going to pull off for acceptance..? since I did not get an acceptance in late december the anticipation is killing me haha... also since they only sent out acceptances in mid feb in the past years, im so curious regarding the new acceptance-system

Members don't see this ad :)
ooh the wait is killing me haha... for oos, do any of you guys have an idea on how many they are going to pull off for acceptance..? since I did not get an acceptance in late december the anticipation is killing me haha... also since they only sent out acceptances in mid feb in the past years, im so curious regarding the new acceptance-system
I wonder how they chose those acceptances? Like were they the top of all the applicants and the rest of us get evaluated with in state to see where we fit in or the waitlist? I dont really get it lol.

I’m not really sure how they picked who got called first, I def wouldn’t have considered myself a “top” candidate by the normal requirements such as GPA.

I’m not really sure how they picked who got called first, I def wouldn’t have considered myself a “top” candidate by the normal requirements such as GPA.
Do you think you did really well on the interview? If so, could I ask you how you went about answering the interview questions? Thanks in advance!

Ugh I know those of you that haven't heard are anxious. I'm not really sure how they picked who they notified first. For me, this was my second time applying and I ended up in the top 10 of the waitlist last May (started at #40). I also made sure I went above and beyond in improving what they told me to do in my file review for this year's app. These are some of the things I feel may have pushed me over the edge this year but it's so hard to say
:(. As far as my interview, I didn't feel amazing about it, but I got a ton of behavioral questions so I really tried to incorporate my veterinary/animal experienced in those answers so that they could tell what kind of human I am as well as see what I have done and how those experiences have helped me grow for the two folks who were "cold". I hope this helps in any way. Don't lose hope!!!

I was accepted in December as well. My GPA is honestly, probably way below average. I did feel like my interview went really well. The interviewers were interested in getting to know me as a person. It was very focused on my hobbies and experience. I didn’t have any situational questions. At the end of the interview 2/3 of those interviewing me stated that they hoped to see me in the class of 2025. I was hoping they weren’t just saying that to everyone.
I do have over 8,000 hours of veterinary experience, mainly in small animal medicine. The part that worried me the most was my GPA. This was my second application cycle but my first to MSState.

Echoing @S_V , my interview was really just conversational. We joked about some similar experiences we’d had, and I was just 100% myself with those interviewing me. I don’t know that they called the “top” applicants or if they called those who may be choosing between schools?

I agree with the others that my interview was extremely conversational. With the breadth of veterinary experience I have coupled with the knowledge I have gained over the first semester of my masters degree I believe I was able to formulate succinct and articulate answers. I also did roughly 3 mock interviews before the “real thing” mostly just to get comfortable talking about myself and thinking on my feet. As said earlier in this thread they apparently heavily evaluated the Mississippi supplemental essay, which I believed was very strong.
For stats purposes (undergraduate only)
Overall: 3.57
Science: 3.39
Last 45: 3.2
Graduate GPA: 4.0

For the accepted OOS, are you looking at housing? Are you looking for roommates? Any idea if the school helps connect students? Would anyone be interested if I started a Facebook page to help find roommates?

For the accepted OOS, are you looking at housing? Are you looking for roommates? Any idea if the school helps connect students? Would anyone be interested if I started a Facebook page to help find roommates?
I think usually someone from admissions starts one? There is one for the c/o 2024 that was created in February of last year (around the time of admission decisions), but maybe since they did early acceptances this year they will make it a little earlier, not sure though.

For any current students or anyone that happens to know: is our textbooks and notes already provided online or do we have to purchase?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think usually someone from admissions starts one? There is one for the c/o 2024 that was created in February of last year (around the time of admission decisions), but maybe since they did early acceptances this year they will make it a little earlier, not sure though.
I’ve been looking on Zillow. The market is GOLDEN.

I received a shirt from them in the mail today. Their entire interview process was flawless! beyond impressed. Hoping I get an acceptance from them in February!

Reactions: 1 users
I got my mailed OOS acceptance letter today, no t-shirt yet though, that’s awesome that they are doing that!

I have been so incredibly impressed with their application/interview/acceptance process. Seriously, nothing but good things to say!

I have gotten the "snail mail" acceptance, the shirt and the cookie. I got the shirt around my interview time in October/November. I am incredibly impressed with the entire process.

Huh, I never received a shirt! I got the cookie back before my interview though!

Huh, I never received a shirt! I got the cookie back before my interview though!
I JUST received my letter and shirt yesterday! So yours should be on the way. I also had a personalized card from my mentor- which was really really nice.

I JUST received my letter and shirt yesterday! So yours should be on the way. I also had a personalized card from my mentor- which was really really nice.
Gotcha! I got my letter yesterday so hopefully the shirt comes soon! Everyone there is so kind! I’ve even been in contact with my mentor a few times since interviews and she has been so great about answering lingering questions I’ve thought of since interviews!

I haven’t been accepted. I was assuming they sent a shirt to everyone that interviewed? And yes I also received a card from my interview mentor. I have nothing but amazing things to say about MSU’s support for their DVM candidates.

I haven’t been accepted. I was assuming they sent a shirt to everyone that interviewed? And yes I also received a card from my interview mentor. I have nothing but amazing things to say about MSU’s support for their DVM candidates.
I received my shirt well before I was called for my acceptance.

I recieved a shirt today and a letter from my mentor but I didnt get called with an acceptance so they must must be sending them to everyone?

• Care
Just received my shirt & the handwritten card. I’ve already been accepted and I’m having such a hard time because the school is just so phenomenal. I haven’t heard from my in state yet but honestly if it wasn’t for out of state tuition Mississippi would be my top pick. How do y’all approach this battle for in vs out of state if you really love an out of state school better but it’s so much more expensive?

Reactions: 3 users
Just received my shirt & the handwritten card. I’ve already been accepted and I’m having such a hard time because the school is just so phenomenal. I haven’t heard from my in state yet but honestly if it wasn’t for out of state tuition Mississippi would be my top pick. How do y’all approach this battle for in vs out of state if you really love an out of state school better but it’s so much more expensive?
I’m in the same boat. I love Mississippi, but honestly in the long run can’t justify the $80,000 difference given the option. That’s more years added to repayment, as well the as accrued interest, probably looking at around 100k difference, which is just too large of a number given a cheaper alternative. On the other hand, I am not too optimistic for my instate school so I’ve already been planning to go OOS if it comes down to it.

Edit: I knew I recognized your username from the TAMU thread lol, I can’t wait to hear from them so I can just know already :rofl:

Reactions: 2 users

I’m in the same boat. I love Mississippi, but honestly in the long run can’t justify the $80,000 difference given the option. That’s more years added to repayment, as well the as accrued interest, probably looking at around 100k difference, which is just too large of a number given a cheaper alternative. On the other hand, I am not too optimistic for my instate school so I’ve already been planning to go OOS if it comes down to it.

Edit: I knew I recognized your username from the TAMU thread lol, I can’t wait to hear from them so I can just know already :rofl:
Ugh, I knowww. I love love love Mississippi- would honestly be my top pick- but the main factor holding me back is their June start date. I was supposed to go on a huge trip with my grandparents last summer until the pandemic hit, and it's been moved to July of this year assuming things are hopefully starting to open up by then. I still have a few schools to hear back from, so hopefully I won't have to make the decision between trip vs vet school, but if it does happen to get postponed another year... 👀

Lol yes this is my third time applying to TAMU & I’m not confident they’ll let me in & if I’m being honest I’m not very impressed with the vets they’ve been churning out lately & their new curriculum so if it wasn’t for money Mississippi would be my top pick...

Ugh, I knowww. I love love love Mississippi- would honestly be my top pick- but the main factor holding me back is their June start date. I was supposed to go on a huge trip with my grandparents last summer until the pandemic hit, and it's been moved to July of this year assuming things are hopefully starting to open up by then. I still have a few schools to hear back from, so hopefully I won't have to make the decision between trip vs vet school, but if it does happen to get postponed another year... 👀
I really like the June start date I feel like it gives me something to look forward to after I graduate in May (with my masters) because taking a break for me would just be working until we start 😪

I recieved a shirt today and a letter from my mentor but I didnt get called with an acceptance so they must must be sending them to everyone?

When did you interview? And when did you receive your letter/shirt? I interviewed on dec 2nd and am still waiting to hear back. Was very impressed with their interview process. But have not received anything via mail like others are describing! :(

When did you interview? And when did you receive your letter/shirt? I interviewed on dec 2nd and am still waiting to hear back. Was very impressed with their interview process. But have not received anything via mail like others are describing! :(
I interviewed on December 3rd. But I live in Mississippi currently so maybe it just got to me sooner? I received it on friday!

I also interviewed on December 3rd, I’ve been accepted, but I live in TX currently, and I just received mine on Friday. Mail is also taking longer these days in general, so It’s probably coming! I wouldn’t worry!

OOS acceptance call Dec 22nd. My interview date was October 15th. Still waiting to hear from my in state school!

Hey everyone! I have not been accepted yet, but I am trying to rank the schools I’ve interviewed at and already been accepted to a bit just so I have some idea of where I’d prefer to go if given the choice. The biggest issue for me is the apparent lack of any breaks at Mississippi. Does anyone have a link to their academic calendars for the next few years so I can take a look and see if it really is designed that there are basically no breaks or if I am just misunderstanding?

Hey everyone! I have not been accepted yet, but I am trying to rank the schools I’ve interviewed at and already been accepted to a bit just so I have some idea of where I’d prefer to go if given the choice. The biggest issue for me is the apparent lack of any breaks at Mississippi. Does anyone have a link to their academic calendars for the next few years so I can take a look and see if it really is designed that there are basically no breaks or if I am just misunderstanding?
First year you’ll get a break for Christmas, then from may-mid July until second year starts. Second year you’ll get the same and then you’ll go directly into clinics. From that point your breaks are kinda based on how you tailor your clinics/externships. You also get regular fall and spring breaks/holidays that the university has during 1st and 2nd year. I don’t think they have academic calendars that far in advance.

I work at the university and it seems like the 1st two years are the worst break-wise.

First year you’ll get a break for Christmas, then from may-mid July until second year starts. Second year you’ll get the same and then you’ll go directly into clinics. From that point your breaks are kinda based on how you tailor your clinics/externships. You also get regular fall and spring breaks/holidays that the university has during 1st and 2nd year. I don’t think they have academic calendars that far in advance.

I work at the university and it seems like the 1st two years are the worst break-wise.
Thank you so much for the response! I was surprised they didn’t have that kind of information posted online like many other schools do!

Thank you so much for the response! I was surprised they didn’t have that kind of information posted online like many other schools do!
No prob! I think our schedule is, for the most part, the same as other 2+2 schools other than the June start first year

Did everyone get shirts, or just those accepted?

Hey everyone! I made a FB page for those that are accepting seats. You can find it as Mississippi State University CVM c/o 2025. Can't wait to meet you all :)

For those of us who haven't heard yet, do you know when we will? After the instate interviews possibly?

For those of us who haven't heard yet, do you know when we will? After the instate interviews possibly?
I think they said shortly after the instate interview date, about a week or so later!

Anyone been keeping there calm for a while... now starting to f***ing panic.... just me?!🥴🤯 interviewed 12/2.... still waiting... and was denied at another school I previously interviewed at plus denied at another school I was previously interview waitlisted at....