This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fancy312

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that applied to these 1 year masters programs and still pursued dentistry. I recently took my dat (literally yesterday) and did pretty bad, don't ask, I did horrible :oops:

My initial step is to apply to these, programs, but I have a feeling they're going to lol at my score. Most deadlines are sometime between march and may, SO i still have time to retake the DAT if needed. One of my friends suggested taking the GRE instead, but now that got me thinking about what to do in terms of that. Going to call some admissions counselors at the schools and see what they say. I'd appreciate any feedback, and if you can tell me your stats that got you in to any of these programs, that would also help. Thanks again SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Is your gpa over 3.0? Im sure you will get in if so

I did a regular MS and have interviews... only costed like 9,000 total vs. those others that cost like 50k.. Huge difference

Members don't see this ad :)
@dentjo Yes my GPA is over 3.0, but I'm just worried about my my DAT score. And @GaDawg , what MS program did you do and where. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? I want to stay in state tho (Illinois) and the price of it is really good, Rush is about 15k, MWU is a tad more pricier lol

Hello!

I'm a first year dental student at MWU AZ. Although I did not personally do a Masters program, I was told that if you do the Masters program at MWU and maintain atlas a 3.5 GPA you will have a very high chance of getting into MWU Dental School. With that said....several of my classmates did the 1 yr Masters program at MWU and they are kicking butt in dental school....so I highly recommend looking into it! Hope that helps! We are also offering a Summer Pre-Dental Sim course...I really think you will benefit from it if you are serious about pursuing a career in dentistry! It is a two day course that covers all the basics you will be covering in your first year of dental school, how to make yourself a competitive applicant, and even some mock interviews. Message me if you have any questions!

https://online.midwestern.edu/public/eventreg.cgi?event_no=3072

Reactions: 1 user