NC State University c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we applied this cycle and taking animal nutrition this semester, do we have to send in documentation showing the course is in progress to be accepted?
All but two (2) of the required courses or labs must be completed by the end of the fall semester of the application cycle. The remaining courses or labs must be completed in the following spring semester. Required courses or labs can’t be completed in the summer semester immediately preceding matriculation. This is a TOTAL of 2 (two courses, two labs, or one course and one lab) in separate prerequisites (i.e., Microbiology and Microbiology lab = 1, Microbiology and Microbiology lab + Statistics = 2, Microbiology and Microbiology lab + Statistics + Physics II Lab = 3).

Members don't see this ad :)
Fingers crossed it’s early Feb since out of state heard early

Reactions: 2 users
In state admission decisions from NCSU CVM. I’ve see March 1st on website and heard Feb through the grapevine.
We normally state "no later than April 1" but our goal is always as soon as we can complete the work. Barring closures due to inclement weather or any other unforseen circumstances, we should be able to send notification by late February this year.

Reactions: 1 user
We normally state "no later than April 1" but our goal is always as soon as we can complete the work. Barring closures due to inclement weather or any other unforseen circumstances, we should be able to send notification by late February this year.
Ok, thank you so much for taking time to answer my question.

osi0j.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if NCSU CVM has its own personal counselors for vet students, or if they send students to the main campus counseling center? Also, I know the house sorting program is new, and I wanted to know how successful it has been as a mental health initiative and otherwise. Any feedback from current students would be great!

Does anyone know if NCSU CVM has its own personal counselors for vet students, or if they send students to the main campus counseling center? Also, I know the house sorting program is new, and I wanted to know how successful it has been as a mental health initiative and otherwise. Any feedback from current students would be great!
The college employs a dedicated counselor for students (DVM, Graduate and Ross/SGU clinical year). This position was created in 2006. We also have a career services director (2015) and a financial literacy director (2018). All positions fall under Academic Affairs and Student Services.

“By late February” doesn’t mean February 1 does it?

Last edited:
Last year IS decisions were released February 1 and they had 226 applications to review I believe? And a few snow days. There are 190 this year and no snow days so far! So I'm hoping it's anytime now.

Last year IS decisions were released February 1 and they had 226 applications to review I believe? And a few snow days. There are 190 this year and no snow days so far! So I'm hoping it's anytime now.

I heard somewhere that they had 170 IS residents to review last year. Hoping we'll hear soon!!

Oops found that just now! The 226 is total IS applicants, not those that made it to review. My bad!

Members don't see this ad :)
NC State received 255 North Carolina applications with 190 going to review.

Reactions: 4 users
tips on how to study biochemistry and not check this forum every 10 minutes?

Reactions: 5 users
There are 168 hours in a week. Coincidence or hint?

Didn’t apply here but I love coming to see the thread & updates from the admissions account I feel the anxiety for y’all!!

Didn’t apply here but I love coming to see the thread & updates from the admissions account I feel the anxiety for y’all!!
It is the best feed to watch. I applied here and reading the comments makes me chuckle

I like the idea by srs219! 10,080 divided by 60 is 168. Most likely hours meaning we have to wait until next week

I like the idea by srs219! 10,080 divided by 60 is 168. Most likely hours meaning we have to wait until next week

I really hope you guys are wrong - another week would be painful! I'm just going to tell myself that's seconds left today before we hear back ;) haha

Unfortunately 168 mins after ncsu posted would’ve been 3:48

168 hours x (1 day/24 hours)= 7 days
10,080 minutes x (1 hr/60min) x (1 day/24 hours)= 7 days
604,800 sec x (1min/ 60 sec)= 10,080 minutes x (1 hr/60min) x (1 day/24 hours)= 7days
Coincidence? I think not!
I already got rejected (OOS) but I still stalk this thread, and I wish everyone the best of luck! You got this!

Reactions: 6 users
The applications that went to committee review. What would be a reason for an application to not go on to committee review for IS? Can you tell us that?

168 hours x (1 day/24 hours)= 7 days
10,080 minutes x (1 hr/60min) x (1 day/24 hours)= 7 days
604,800 sec x (1min/ 60 sec)= 10,080 minutes x (1 hr/60min) x (1 day/24 hours)= 7days
Coincidence? I think not!
I already got rejected (OOS) but I still stalk this thread, and I wish everyone the best of luck! You got this!

Try not getting this song stuck in your head.

The applications that went to committee review. What would be a reason for an application to not go on to committee review for IS? Can you tell us that?
Some reasons include, but are not limited to,
1. failure to submit a supplemental application
2. failure to pay the supplemental application fee
3. earning less than a C- in a prerequisite
4. submitting less than 200 hours of veterinary experience
5. having more than 2 prerequisites still outstanding in the spring semester of the application cycle
6. submitting fewer than 3 LORs

Somewhere in Raleigh someone at a computer is having a good laugh about all of this

Reactions: 5 users