NC State University c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
follow-up-next.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Receiving and opening the email tomorrow

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else camping out on this page all day?

*sips coffee*refreshes page*puts two puzzle pieces together*refreshes page*blinks*refreshes page*

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else camping out on this page all day?

*sips coffee*refreshes page*puts two puzzle pieces together*refreshes page*blinks*refreshes page*

Literally couldn’t sleep last night, have been camping out since 5am :) :)

whether i get accepted here or not i can't wait to come back to next year's ncsu thread and watch the next cycle go through this because i'm so entertained :corny:

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection, disappointed but not surprised! Good luck everyone else!

Accepted OOS! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
OOS rejection, good luck everyone! And thanks for the entertaining thread @NCSU CVM :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted OOS! Congrats to everyone who got in!!

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted OOS. Happy to have even gotten this far, but not getting my hopes up for much movement on the waitlist. Congrats to everyone who got in!

OOS rejection, ah well can’t say I’m super surprised. Congrats to everyone :)

Congrats everyone on acceptances! This is my absolute dream school I'm so excited I'm still trying to comprehend how this is real!!

But I was wondering if anyone knew more about if OOS can declare residency after the first year to pay the IS tuition if you're a homeowner in NC or something? I have heard it many times they NCSU allows students to do this, but I just wanted to make sure because I can't find anything besides word of mouth and I don't know how difficult the actual process of gaining residency would be. If anyone could possible help me I would really appreciate it!!!

Congrats everyone on acceptances! This is my absolute dream school I'm so excited I'm still trying to comprehend how this is real!!

But I was wondering if anyone knew more about if OOS can declare residency after the first year to pay the IS tuition if you're a homeowner in NC or something? I have heard it many times they NCSU allows students to do this, but I just wanted to make sure because I can't find anything besides word of mouth and I don't know how difficult the actual process of gaining residency would be. If anyone could possible help me I would really appreciate it!!!
The state of North Carolina has moved to a centralized office, the Residency Determination Service, to make residency determinations for all public institutions in the state's university system. The Class of 2022 is the first class that will request residency through this service. Their residency applications will be submitted in summer 2019. Therefore, the CVM Student Services Office doesn't have practical data to share regarding residency conversions. All admitted non-resident applicants will be contacted by the university's Student Legal Services Office in the spring to offer advice on how to navigate the process. More information will be forthcoming as we move toward the fall 2019 semester.

OOS waitlisted as well. Congratulations to @vetmedicine and @NubianNuzzles! I was at work this morning when all this drama played out, so I guess I missed the excitement, but also the nausea!

Hey everyone! Congrats to all the OOS applicants that got acceptances today! Just wanted to see if there were any in state applicants that have heard anything yet? I get weekly newsletter type emails, but nothing really giving an application update. Just wanted to see if anyone else has heard anything!

Hey everyone! Congrats to all the OOS applicants that got acceptances today! Just wanted to see if there were any in state applicants that have heard anything yet? I get weekly newsletter type emails, but nothing really giving an application update. Just wanted to see if anyone else has heard anything!

Projected Timeline
Feb 01, 2019 Qualified Resident applications sent to Committee Review
Mar 01, 2019 Decision letters emailed to NC Resident Applicants
Apr 15, 2019 Applicants Deadline to Accept or Decline Offer of Admissions

Reactions: 2 users
NCS - do you have any sort of file review or someone I can contact to discuss my application and what I should focus on to improve my chances for next year?

(Note - I was waitlisted as as out-of-state student, next year I will be re-applying as an in-state student)

Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season! See you in 2019!

upload_2018-12-21_17-51-12.jpeg

NCS - do you have any sort of file review or someone I can contact to discuss my application and what I should focus on to improve my chances for next year?

(Note - I was waitlisted as as out-of-state student, next year I will be re-applying as an in-state student)
Due to the volume of applications received and our mission as a land grant university, we only offer application review to our state resident applicants. You are welcome to attend an admissions information session where you can ask questions about the application process which may assist with a self-evaluation. I thank you for applying to our program. As an OOS waitlisted applicant, maybe this won't be necessary. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know if we are accepted, will we have anything we will have to do the week of say, July 7? I’m
Looking at going on a trip but don’t want to book a flight or pay for hotel because I’m scared I’ll have something to do for school if I get accepted

Does anyone know if we are accepted, will we have anything we will have to do the week of say, July 7? I’m
Looking at going on a trip but don’t want to book a flight or pay for hotel because I’m scared I’ll have something to do for school if I get accepted

This is the only thing you will need to do during the first week of July.

DvzNViOXQAAPR8-.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
In state decisions...gahhh!!

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 124
Well, I just declined my OOS acceptance offer! (Turns out my real priority in life is being a stay-at-home mom, and I couldn’t figure out how to do that with student loans!! Who knew?!)

I hope somebody on the waitlist is getting an acceptance email in my spot right now!!!!!! Live your dreams, everyone, whatever they are!

Since applications are going to committee review very soon, does that mean if we haven’t gotten any sort of rejection email we are “still kicking”?? Very scared!

Hey everyone,
This is a bit of a longshot but I was wondering if anyone else from Clemson University or even the surrounding area happened to be going to the NC state accepted/waitlisted students weekend and would want to carpool? Our pre-vet facebook page isn't very active and I only know IS students who applied to NC

Gimme some IS acceptance letters please

Reactions: 5 users
@NCSU CVM Can you tell us about how many IS residents are/will be in committee review this application cycle???

If we applied this cycle and taking animal nutrition this semester, do we have to send in documentation showing the course is in progress to be accepted?

Are In state decisions being sent out in feb or March? I’ve heard both