NC State University c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UPDATE

NC STATE ANNOUNCES THE FOLLOWING ADVISORY TO ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2021 ADMISSIONS CYCLE​

1. P/F grades: NC State will allow a Pass in P/F or Satisfactory in the S/U grading systems for prerequisites completed in Spring or Summer 2020. For Fall 2020, P/F and S/U will be accepted if it’s the only option at the institution. A letter grade is expected if it is an option. Letter grades with at least a C- or better will be required in all semesters following Spring and Summer 2020.
    • (a) courses submitted in the P/F or S/U scale will not be factored into the Required Course GPA calculation
    • A “Pass” or “Satisfactory” grade for a prerequisite taken in Spring or Summer 2020 will be accepted in any future admissions cycle.
  2. GRE: NC State has removed the GRE as a requirement for admission into the DVM program, starting with the 2021 admissions cycle.
  3. LORs: NC State will continue to require three (3) letters of recommendations. Additionally, we still highly recommend that 2 of 3 letters come from DVMs or PhD scientists with whom you have worked.
  4. Experience Hours: NC State will continue to require 200 hours of veterinary experience hours for the 2021 admissions cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

When sending transcripts through Parchment does anyone know which option to send them to? I get two options: NCSU and NCSU grad school

When sending transcripts through Parchment does anyone know which option to send them to? I get two options: NCSU and NCSU grad school
Does Parchment provide an address with the listing? Transcripts to the College of Veterinary Medicine should be sent to:

NC State University - CVM
Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive, Box 8401
Raleigh, NC 27607

For an electronic option, please use: [email protected]

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Parchment provide an address with the listing? Transcripts to the College of Veterinary Medicine should be sent to:

NC State University - CVM
Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive, Box 8401
Raleigh, NC 27607

For an electronic option, please use: [email protected]

Let us know if you have additional questions.
I was just wondering if you could clarify something for me! Are you saying that we can send an unofficial PDF transcript to the email address "[email protected]"? Or must all transcripts sent be official transcripts? Thank you in advance!

I was just wondering if you could clarify something for me! Are you saying that we can send an unofficial PDF transcript to the email address "[email protected]"? Or must all transcripts sent be official transcripts? Thank you in advance!
All transcripts must be official. We accept paper or electronic from a Registrar's Office.

Are emails sent out to notify OOS applicants if their packet does or does not go on to committee review?

Are emails sent out to notify OOS applicants if their packet does or does not go on to committee review?
OOS applicants receive notification if they don't meet admissions requirements. The Student Services Office disqualifies these applicants. E-mail notification is sent.

All applicants meeting admissions requirements move on to the next stage of review. We don't email these applicants with this notification.

In other words, no news is good news.

Reactions: 1 user
1608591280785.png

HAPPY HOLIDAYS from the NC STATE CVM!

Reactions: 5 users
Lol I keep getting heart attacks from all of these email subject titles

Does “moving forward” mean the pool has been cut down/first rejections have gone out or just it just mean I met the pre-reqs, gpa, etc.?

I just got the email and was wondering what it means as far as my chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does “moving forward” mean the pool has been cut down/first rejections have gone out or just it just mean I met the pre-reqs, gpa, etc.?
OOS applicants receive notification if they don't meet admissions requirements. The Student Services Office disqualifies these applicants. E-mail notification is sent. These applicants are removed from consideration.

Last edited:
I just got the email and was wondering what it means as far as my chances.
Your application has moved forward to the next stage of review for the non-resident applicant pool with the Faculty Committee on Admissions.

Are you oos or is? I'm is and I haven't received an email, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!
The work on the IS pool is still in progress. We anticipate the IS pool receiving an update in January.

Reactions: 2 users
The Student Services Office will be signing off of SDN as of 2pm ET today.

We will return to the site on January 4, 2021.

Take care, be safe, stay healthy!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS applicants receive notification if they don't meet admissions requirements. The Student Services Office disqualifies these applicants. E-mail notification is sent.
What does it mean if OOS applicant did not receive an email yesterday?

Did you receive an e-mail in November or early December about your application? Please check your junk folder.
I did not receive anything and I’ve checked every folder. I received an email mid-october that all of the application requirements were received. Nothing after that.

I did not receive anything and I’ve checked every folder. I received an email mid-october that all of the application requirements were received. Nothing after that.
I just found mine in my spam. Maybe trying looking there.

I'm curious if hints will start dropping for OOS soon?

We are in the process of reviewing and processing transcripts that have been received since December. This process can take several weeks. We respectfully request that you do not send additional emails or phone calls checking the status of your transcript.

You will be sent an email confirmation once your transcript has been processed.

As a reminder, transcripts are due by February 1, 2021.

Transcripts can be mailed to:
NC State CVM - Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607

We also accept electronic transcripts. If your institution has this option, transcripts can be emailed to: [email protected].

Thank you for your continued interest in NC State University.

Hmmmm, could it have anything to do with the commercial Corey Feldman is in that uses the song “Anticipation” by Carly Simon?? 🤨 It hit number 20 on the Hot 100 in February of 1972...

Reactions: 4 users
Hmmmm, could it have anything to do with the commercial Corey Feldman is in that uses the song “Anticipation” by Carly Simon?? 🤨 It hit number 20 on the Hot 100 in February of 1972...
Good catch...looks like the exact date it peaked on the charts was Feb 12, if that means anything!

Reactions: 3 users
While this makes total sense, I’m in denial about us not hearing back for another month :rofl:

If you look at the timeline, decisions for OOS is emailed January 31 (although historically earlier) and IS is March 1. So I'm hoping OOS is this week maybe? Fingers crossed

Hmmmm. The commercial using anticipation and corey feldman was for Heinz. The company was founded in January of 1869. Mr Heinz also named the company Heinz 57 after seeing an ad for a company that caught his eye. Shoes 21.

Heinz randomly picked the number 57 after seeing that “Shoes 21” ad. He said 5 was his lucky number and 7 represented the "psychological influence of that figure and of its enduring significance to people of all ages.” If you add 5 and 7 together, you get 12. And February 12th was the day that the song “Anticipation” peaked on the charts in 1972........ hmmmmmmm.......

Heinz field is where Bill Cowher coached.... He was born in 1957. He played linebacker at NC State and his number was 57!

• Wow
I think I remember getting an email that said out of state wouldn’t be notified until mid February

So hear me out... After doing some deep detective work the same account posted the exact same Kermit the frog meme last year in the c/o 2024 applicant page 10 days before NCSU released info. Since they posted Kermit yesterday, maybe on the 28th of this month we'll be hearing something??

v impressed with the detective work going on here. Never underestimate anxious pre-vets:1geek:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
So hear me out... After doing some deep detective work the same account posted the exact same Kermit the frog meme last year in the c/o 2024 applicant page 10 days before NCSU released info. Since they posted Kermit yesterday, maybe on the 28th of this month we'll be hearing something??
Sorry. That was me. I'm kermit and I'm an IS applicant...for the third time. I'm just over here...waiting...still. *sigh*

Dangit Kermit! I thought I was onto something! Good luck to you this year. I hope you will get some positive news soon :)

Sorry, folks. We just like the song...and the commercial!

• Haha
Do you know when you may have gotten that email?

Yes, I received the email on December 22: “we anticipate the review process to continue through the next 6 weeks with decision letters being released in mid-February.”

Hope this helps!

Do we know how many IS applications went through to committee review?

Record Year for Admissions Detailed​

Dec-VME-race-chart-1024x578.png

A more detailed analysis of the 2021 VMCAS cycle authenticates the huge 19% increase in year-over-year application rates. It also demonstrates that progress was made in the recruitment of underrepresented minorities, particularly Hispanic, and increases in the submission rate.

Overall, there were 13,036 unique individuals that initiated a VMCAS application and 10,273 of them submitted.

Those 10,273 applicants submitted a total of 50,234 applications; on average, candidates applied to 4.89 programs. More specifically, 29% applied to one to two programs, 36% applied to three to five programs, and 35% applied to six or more programs.

Beyond the cloud of the pandemic, this year’s cycle was different because it opened on January 21, 2020 instead of the usual opening date in mid-May. Because of problems associated with the pandemic, the AAVMC, as well as many colleges and schools, introduced more flexibility into the process.

For example, because some schools could not produce official transcripts on deadline, unofficial transcripts were provisionally accepted. Some schools relaxed standards such as the amount of relevant experience that candidate’s had.

Director for Admissions and Recruitment Ms. Diana Dabdub said the submit rate, which has averaged about 72-73% over the past eight-nine years, climbed to about 79%. She attributes that to increased communication and nurturing of the applicant pool.

Though efforts were undertaken to reduce the flurry of last-minute applications, almost 5600 of those applications were filed during the last week of the application period.

In terms of the recruitment of underrepresented minority populations, the year over year increase in the number of Black applicants climbed from 302 to 435; the increase in Hispanic applicants rose from 1101 to 1469, and the number of Asian applicants increased from 393 to 482.

On a year-over-year basis, the percentage of White applicants dropped from 71.5% to 69.1%, the number of Black applicants rose from 3.5% to 4.2% and the number of Hispanic applicants rose from 12.7% to 14.3%, and the number of Asian American applicants rose from 4.5% to 4.7%.

In terms of age and gender, 82.9% of applicants were between 19 and 24 years old and 84.5% were female and 15% were male.

Of the total 1318 OOS applicants, are you able to share with us how many of those applications went through to committee review?