NC State University c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y’all I’m freaking out still over here waiting for my email 😬😬😬

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else stillllll waiting haha? @NCSU CVM should everyone hear by the end of the day at least?

Reactions: 1 user
is it possible to find out the rank for waitlist? @NCSU CVM

The waitlist is unranked. I believe they wait to see who accepts/rejects their offers and fill in the gaps with the waitlisted people to keep the class more diverse

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone accepted, we can’t wait to have you!!! :biglove::welcome:To those on the waitlist, don’t give up hope! Several people are usually pulled from the IS waitlist each year... I was! Feel free to message me with any questions!

IS rejection. Congrats to everyone who got accepted and let's hope things go better in the future! :)

• Care
@NCSU CVM I’ve noticed in the past years, you’ve said out of state residents are over-accepted and in state are under accepted to prevent overbooking the class and once you have all decisions, the goal is to use alternates to split in state to 80 total and out of state to 20. Is this still how the process is done?

@NCSU CVM I’ve noticed in the past years, you’ve said out of state residents are over-accepted and in state are under accepted to prevent overbooking the class and once you have all decisions, the goal is to use alternates to split in state to 80 total and out of state to 20. Is this still how the process is done?
Yes, more offers are issued to the OOS pool than seats available (20) due to several factors.

All admitted applicants have until April 15 to notify us of their decision to either accept or decline the offer.

The NC State CVM can't extend offers to applicants on the waitlist until the number of outstanding offers drops below the number of seats reserved (80 for In State and 20 for Out State).

Historically, movement on the waitlist occurs after April 15 as many admitted applicants use the full amount of time to respond.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@NCSU CVM Are you able to offer any idea of when applicants on the waitlist will be notified whether spots will be available in the class? Or do you have an idea of the IS/OOS spots that will be made available to alternates? Thank you!

@NCSU CVM Are you able to offer any idea of when applicants on the waitlist will be notified whether spots will be available in the class? Or do you have an idea of the IS/OOS spots that will be made available to alternates? Thank you!
Our goal is to make notification this week. There are multiple offers for the IS/OOS pools.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any insight on P/F (or S/U) versus taking a letter grade? Specificilly on non-prerequisite courses. My university has enhanced grading policies in place due to Covid-19 so I was wondering if utilizing a P/F versus a letter grade is frowned upon or if it is viewed negatively? As in does admissions assume poor performace when they see P/F courses? Or does it simply not matter since the course is not a prerequisite?

Does anyone have any insight on P/F (or S/U) versus taking a letter grade? Specificilly on non-prerequisite courses. My university has enhanced grading policies in place due to Covid-19 so I was wondering if utilizing a P/F versus a letter grade is frowned upon or if it is viewed negatively? As in does admissions assume poor performace when they see P/F courses? Or does it simply not matter since the course is not a prerequisite?
Here is our policy on P/F (S/U) grading and prerequisites.

P/F grades: NC State will allow a Pass in P/F or Satisfactory in the S/U grading systems for prerequisites completed in Spring or Summer 2020. For Fall 2020, P/F and S/U will be accepted if it’s the only option at the institution. A letter grade is expected if it is an option. Letter grades with at least a C- or better will be required in all semesters following Spring and Summer 2020.
  • (a) courses submitted in the P/F or S/U scale will not be factored into the Required Course GPA calculation
  • A “Pass” or “Satisfactory” grade for a prerequisite taken in Spring or Summer 2020 will be accepted in any future admissions cycle.

UPDATE - The NC State CVM has secured 100 seats for the Class of 2025.