New Medical School

Started by CarrieBad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question. Would it be appropriate or recommended to update the school on new developments taking place in some activities immediately post interview(simply because nothing alike was mentioned when interviewed)? thanks

interesting question.... I don't know I mean I do have some updates myself but I will be concerned about overdoing it... does it help with the application after the interview??? anyone else???

AND where is everyone??? Track? Amanda?? Geff?? so quiet here.... 😱 knock knock!!! 👍 good luck to everyone who is expecting to hear back tmr!! :luck::luck::luck::luck:


heart beat X 10000~😱
 
Last edited:
Pipi Im just trying to pass the time... which is impossible. Good Luck tomorrow!

ah icic u r not on aim awww :laugh: GOOOD luck We all LOVE TCMC and hopefully TCMC would find that love in us too:luck:

I really hope that link to our status website works so we can actually view if a recommendation has been made on our application like Director Stalk said in her video hehe:laugh: You can view it at: http://www.thecommonwealthmedical.com/oth/Page.asp?PageID=OTH000051
then click View Admissions Overview Video
:luck:

oh yea, I also received something funny in the mail... this website address... https://tcmc-play.empower-xl.com/form_index2.cfm

it has that extra "play" in it...😱 it was sent to me in another email after I had already submitted my secondary. I informed their office about this already 😱

hopefully my information is not compromised 😎
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, I'm also just trying to pass the time...no word. Just very anxious about tomorrow...just received a rejection from East Carolina (???!!) this week so I could really use some good news!!!

Good luck to you guys too!!
 
First off good luck to all who hear back tomorrow! In regards to Pipichen, do you know where the famous 'status website' is? I have filed all my documentation (Primary, Secondary, LOR), but have no way of knowing if my file is complete or what the next step towards an interview may be!!! Thanks guys
 
First off good luck to all who hear back tomorrow! In regards to Pipichen, do you know where the famous 'status website' is? I have filed all my documentation (Primary, Secondary, LOR), but have no way of knowing if my file is complete or what the next step towards an interview may be!!! Thanks guys

It is supposed to be the one we filled in our sec app. But alas, no one can log in now after submitting our documents. 😱😱😱

I guess it must be some tech glitch... I really wish it works haha, it will make this waiting period a lot more easier to bear. 😀:luck::luck::luck:
 
I'm also waiting. Are applicants either accepted or waitlisted or are they already rejecting people?

I am not too sure haven't heard of any rejection yet.For that matter, I don't want to hear one let alone receiving one haha :laugh::luck::luck::luck:
when did u interview?
 
I interviewed the morning of Dec. 5 . I'm in love with this school and a rejection would break my heart.
 
Last edited:
I emailed admissions the other day about the status site. They said they were still having problems, and would notify us via email of any changes...not sure if this means there won't be a status site at all.

Looks like last week they emailed around 5pm-6pm EST, so I assume no one has heard yet....
 
TCMC, please consider waitlisting unaccepted applicants instead of rejecting them so that we can continue to update you of any improvements later on in the year. 😍
 
Today's the big. Still no word. If I got, that would really make my day. I'm sick, it's finals. I need some good to come out of today.🙂
 
TCMC, please consider waitlisting unaccepted applicants instead of rejecting them so that we can continue to update you of any improvements later on in the year. 😍
That will be a gift from Santa TCMC :laugh: !!

I interviewed on Dec 3rd in the afternoon, I am really excited about going to TCMC. :biglove:Would be nice to hear some good news today!!! :luck::luck::luck: All the best to everyone :luck:

but seriously~!!! My heart is racing like a little deer:scared:
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Today's the big. Still no word. If I got, that would really make my day. I'm sick, it's finals. I need some good to come out of today.🙂

Uhh...I just noticed how many typos are in my comment. Cold medicine + finals = :yawn: I need winter break and a TCMC acceptance. Who's with me?
 
this might be earlier in the thread, but is there a status page?
 
There is a status page, but I don't think anyone is able to access it yet. The last time I tried, it did not work.

PS. All SDNers should get into this school. 😎 According to the Dean's blog, our thought processes fascinate him.:laugh: That has to be a good thing, right?

"It has been a fascinating window into the thought process, and the anxiety levels of premedical students to follow StudentDoctor.Net"
 
what's the link just so i know? i got the letter saying they have my secondary and that i can check the status online, but it doesn't give a link.
 
what's the link just so i know? i got the letter saying they have my secondary and that i can check the status online, but it doesn't give a link.

The same link that you updated your secondary application :laugh:

that is if you can still login after submitting it. :boom:still no word yet.... my hope is taking a plunge.... :smack:
 
6 pm...nothing. I interviewed on Nov 21st as well (in the afternoon). I'm really tired of waiting. I have deposits due next monday...I can't wait any longer! I need time to figure out who I'm sending my money to.

TCMC, if you're out there surfing SDN...Please let us know tonight.
 
i also interviewed on the 21st (morning) and am anxiously waiting to hear back!

but now that it's already past 6, i'm not so sure we'll hear back today
 
There is a status page, but I don't think anyone is able to access it yet. The last time I tried, it did not work.

PS. All SDNers should get into this school. 😎 According to the Dean's blog, our thought processes fascinate him.:laugh: That has to be a good thing, right?

"It has been a fascinating window into the thought process, and the anxiety levels of premedical students to follow StudentDoctor.Net"


heheh.. i agree.. 🙂
 
Hihi, I saw an ad for the school in the New Physician so I googled it and found the blog, which of course links here.

I remember the premed anxiety, hang in there guys!

Anyway, I wanted to post to say that I'm pretty impressed with the ideas behind this school. The traditional set up of medical schools hasn't been able to attract people into primary care (and rural med in particular); it looks like TCMC has really thought things through to try to change that. And it's nice to see a PA school that actually has an in-state preference.

I'm don't think I understand how the 3rd year is laid out based on the webpage though. Is it significantly different from other medical schools? I really like the idea of the half-day clinic throughout the year. I'm trying to think about the inpatient vs ambulatory/outpatient split at my school; I think it's close to 50%, slightly favoring inpatient. I guess this question is more directed toward TCMC, but has there been any feedback from residency programs regarding the 2/3rd outpatient vs 1/3rd inpatient split? Or is that why there are 4 required sub-internships in the 4th year? Is the idea that you're spreading the inpatient experiences over 2 years rather than concentrating them in the 3rd year? Will that affect scheduling for residency interviews?

Sorry for the intrusion, I'm just interested in medical school curriculums and education in general.

Good luck to all of you, and to the school 🙂.
 
Last edited:
VTHOKIE: you'll receive an email update saying your status is complete once everything is put together. I received such an email, followed by an invitation to interview about 48 hours later. Granted, this was a little earlier in the process (~4 weeks ago) but that's generally how it works. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the status of your application if you just recently got everything in.
 
Last edited:
Well, hope some of these can help some of us relax hahaha :laugh:

Enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95993049@N00/


Hihi, I saw an ad for the school in the New Physician so I googled it and found the blog, which of course links here.

I remember the premed anxiety, hang in there guys!

Anyway, I wanted to post to say that I'm pretty impressed with the ideas behind this school. The traditional set up of medical schools hasn't been able to attract people into primary care (and rural med in particular); it looks like TCMC has really thought things through to try to change that. And it's nice to see a PA school that actually has an in-state preference.

I'm don't think I understand how the 3rd year is laid out based on the webpage though. Is it significantly different from other medical schools? I really like the idea of the half-day clinic throughout the year. I'm trying to think about the inpatient vs ambulatory/outpatient split at my school; I think it's close to 50%, slightly favoring inpatient. I guess this question is more directed toward TCMC, but has there been any feedback from residency programs regarding the 2/3rd outpatient vs 1/3rd inpatient split? Or is that why there are 4 required sub-internships in the 4th year? Is the idea that you're spreading the inpatient experiences over 2 years rather than concentrating them in the 3rd year? Will that affect scheduling for residency interviews?

Sorry for the intrusion, I'm just interested in medical school curriculums and education in general.

Good luck to all of you, and to the school 🙂.

I saw that ad in my copy today too!!! It is on my wall now, worshiping it :bow:

I really love the mission and the values of the school, and especially the passionate ppl there. After getting back from my interview there were actually a number of ppl kept trying to convince me the negative aspects of joining a new school, I just smiled back at them and counter-convinced them otherwise hahaha :laugh::laugh:

I really think for those of us who have had wonderful first hand experience with TCMC should actively promote the school to our peers on campus. Personally I have been doing it and regardless of my interview outcome, I am going to continue doing it because I believe:

1. With the information and experience we have, it would be complementing to their marketing efforts.:luck:
2. For all the love and respect I have received, I need to give back. Like the old Chinese saying says "if you were to benefit by a drop of water, be sure to return that kindness with a spring"
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8:15 am in NE PA. I think their Office of Admissions is open. Hopefully, the writing the emails right now!!! I can't wait:scared:
:xf:
 
I was just invited for an interview today and I was wondering if anyone had any example questions from their interview at TCMC....
 
for me, they had read my application already and so asked me mostly about my prior experiences (those involved with healthcare as well as those that weren't). they also asked about my family and how i envisioned myself in 20 years. the hardest question for me was when they asked me about the most difficult time i had personally. it was all very conversational though and i asked them a lot of questions as well. they seemed very enthusiastic and engaged - and i didn't feel like they were trying to put me on the spot at all - if anything, it just seemed like they wanted to get to know me better and it made me want to go their school even more.

hope that helps! 🙂
 
Well, hope some of these can help some of us relax hahaha :laugh:

Enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95993049@N00/show/

did u paint those? Amazingly talented.....

I really love the mission and the values of the school, and especially the passionate ppl there. After getting back from my interview there were actually a number of ppl kept trying to convince me the negative aspects of joining a new school, I just smiled back at them and counter-convinced them otherwise hahaha :laugh::laugh:

yar should slap them! j/k

I really think for those of us who have had wonderful first hand experience with TCMC should actively promote the school to our peers on campus. Personally I have been doing it and regardless of my interview outcome, I am going to continue doing it because I believe:

1. With the information and experience we have, it would be complementing to their marketing efforts.:luck:
2. For all the love and respect I have received, I need to give back. Like the old Chinese saying says "if you were to benefit by a drop of water, be sure to return that kindness with a spring"

good idea, we should work with TCMC on that. I second this!

Any news from the admissions office?
 
Last edited:
So I just got off the phone with admissions and apparently the AdCom did meet last night but as of 2:10 this afternoon they hadn't submitted their decisions to the admissions office. I interviewed on the 21st and was informed today that we would be hearing back either tomorrow or Friday.


P.S.-(TCMC)-If you can't deliver a decision within two weeks then don't promise interviewees that you will.
 
So I just got off the phone with admissions and apparently the AdCom did meet last night but as of 2:10 this afternoon they hadn't submitted their decisions to the admissions office. I interviewed on the 21st and was informed today that we would be hearing back either tomorrow or Friday.


P.S.-(TCMC)-If you can't deliver a decision within two weeks then don't promise interviewees that you will.
Considering most schools take upwards of 3-4 weeks for a decision, 2 weeks, or slightly after is a short time. This being their first class, they should be commended for how little turbulence they have had.
 
Good luck to all of you who are waiting to hear from TCMC. Quick question, do you think it is weird I haven't heard anything from TCMC after receiving a "complete" E-mail from them on Nov. 19th? I am OOS, so I thought maybe they are reviewing IS applications first. I did E-mail the admissions office last week, just to remind them of my interest in the school, but haven't heard anything. Any suggestions?...

I just read Currahee's comment, so I guess I just have to wait.
 
So I just got off the phone with admissions and apparently the AdCom did meet last night but as of 2:10 this afternoon they hadn't submitted their decisions to the admissions office. I interviewed on the 21st and was informed today that we would be hearing back either tomorrow or Friday.


P.S.-(TCMC)-If you can't deliver a decision within two weeks then don't promise interviewees that you will.

Did u happen to know if they also made decision for those who interviewed on Dec 3?? Thanks
 
Ok, I'm getting frustrated. It's been almost 3 weeks, and they told me at the most it would 2 weeks until I heard a decision. I've tried calling, and no one answers. I'm tried emailing, and no one answers. I'm beginning to think they just took our money and left the country.:laugh:

On a serious note, I have deposits due on Dec 15th. :caution:
TCMC, where are you???
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected!!!!! Yes, finally they told me.

I can now announce my true love to everyone without worry that tcmc will see it!!!

Jefferson medical college class of 2013!!
 
Last edited:
waitlisted🙁 The long waiting game begins now. I am an out of state btw. I think they are taking a lot more instates than they told us during interview day.
 
rejected... pre-interview... not sure why... i thought my mcat was above their average interviewees.... tons of EC and commitment to serving underserved communities... sigh disappointed... but o well.... at least i have an interview from another school... 😳
 
Status
Not open for further replies.