New Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dasein77

congrats.

im still waiting

Members don't see this ad.

endo,
don't fret...if you read earlier in this thread, you know that sometimes they don't get through all the applications. only bad thing is the application committee doesn't meet again till next tues. with the holiday, they might not meet at all, so it might be a little while.

easy for me to say now that i've heard back right?! trust me, i know waiting is horrible, i could barely sleep tues night b/c they told us at the interview we'd hear back by wed. i had a dream that i was waitlisted...not a refreshing sleep at all.

the process of getting into medical school has to be one of the most brutal hazing rituals.

dasein77

thanks

I know, this is round two for me

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got in can you post any stats or send me them in private? I have an itnerview there and wanted to know if I had a decent shot. I'd love to go there so just curious.

I know I'm super late with completing this secondary but I just wanted to make sure, they take recommendation letters through Virtual Evals right? Thanks

Yes they do take letters through Evals. That is how I sent mine.

Anybody know what the waitlist is like (ranked/unranked)? I was just put on it today, interviewed 12/19.

I interviewed 12/19 too. I haven't heard back yet! AHHHH Im so nervous now! I really liked the school. Anyone else interview 12/19?

Last edited:
Monti, I also interviewed on the 19th and received an acceptance this afternoon. I sincerely wish you the best of luck as I thought everyone who interviewed that day was very, very nice. Hopefully, good news is on its way.

Members don't see this ad :)
How the hell do you make multiple paragraphs in question 7 (listing attributes)? I space them out, then the final screen comes up after hitting "next" and it shows only one space between the first and second, but no more spaces after. How do I get the 4 spaces so there's 5 paragraphs?

Hello everyone.

I haven't received any word for TCMC after my 12/10 interview.
What does this mean? (I know its not a rejection or waitlist).
Am I waiting for letter in the mail for rejection?

Should I call the school on the Fifth of January after the holiday season to see what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone.

I haven't received any word for TCMC after my 12/10 interview.
What does this mean? (I know its not a rejection or waitlist).
Am I waiting for letter in the mail for rejection?

Should I call the school on the Fifth of January after the holiday season to see what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Hey endo,

I also interviewed on 12/10 and haven't heard anything. They probably just haven't had a chance to review everyone yet...

I don't know about that. People who have interviewed later have already been accepted. I believe its first come....

Yes, but it hasn't even been 3 weeks yet; I'm sure they'll get to our files soon. But if you do call, let us know what you hear.

Anyone else interviewing on 1/16?

Monti, I am OOS and was also waitlisted, interviewed 12/19. I hope they take us off the wait list soon, I really liked the school. Let me know if you find anything out... Or if anyone else knows anything about their waitlisting system, info would be welcome.

Monti, I am OOS and was also waitlisted, interviewed 12/19. I hope they take us off the wait list soon, I really liked the school. Let me know if you find anything out... Or if anyone else knows anything about their waitlisting system, info would be welcome.

Per the admissions office, people who are waitlisted are offered spots as applicants turn down offers of admission (they said it could be "at any point" during the year). Therefore, this isn't a "rolling application process" as it describes on the website; it seems as though each application is reviewed once and a decision is made immediately. I'm not sure if the waitlisted is ranked or done by first come/first serve-- forgot to ask. The admissions office is very helpful if you call- I wouldn't hesitate if you had any other questions.

This goes against what amanda9e1 mentioned in her last post, but for what it's worth, I am also OOS and was waitlisted a few weeks after my November 21st interview. I emailed the admissions office after receiving the notification and Ms. Stalk, the director of admissions, said that their current policy entails informing waitlisted applicants of changes after May 15th. She also mentioned that this policy might change following the conclusion of interviews for the charter class.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Does anyone know if there is a way to electronically check the status of your application? Or does the system lock you out once you submit a secondary...it has been just over three weeks since I was marked complete yet have not heard back....:confused:

Does anyone know if there is a way to electronically check the status of your application? Or does the system lock you out once you submit a secondary...it has been just over three weeks since I was marked complete yet have not heard back....:confused:

I think it locks you out. They email back pretty quickly if you want to check in.

This goes against what amanda9e1 mentioned in her last post, but for what it's worth, I am also OOS and was waitlisted a few weeks after my November 21st interview. I emailed the admissions office after receiving the notification and Ms. Stalk, the director of admissions, said that their current policy entails informing waitlisted applicants of changes after May 15th. She also mentioned that this policy might change following the conclusion of interviews for the charter class.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

It would be REALLY nice if they would just send out an email to everyone with the same information about the admissions process, rather than give out conflicting information....I know it's a lot to ask, but I think it would eliminate a lot of confusion and frustration on our end.

To any past interviewees:

How long did the interview day take? I am scheduled to interview at 10:00 am, so would it be reasonable to expect to catch a 5 pm flight the same day?
Also, did the hotel you stayed at offer an airport shuttle, or did you take a taxi or rent a car?

Thanks in advance.

You'll be done by noon. You'll be there from about 8 am - 12 pm. I can't answer about the hotel because I scheduled an afternoon interview and then just drove there and left the same day.

i interviewed 12/19 and still havent heard. does anyone know when they are going to finish reviewing the applicants who interviewed that day? I have a deposit due at another school on jan 6th that I really want to avoid paying if possible.
ahh the waiting game is horrible :(

Hello Everyone! Congrats to those of you accepted at TCMC and good luck elsewhere to everyone else. I was accepted and am very excited to be part of the charter class. I am new to the Student Doctors Forum and probably won't post much, but if anyone has any questions about my interview/stats/etc send me a message and I will give you honest answers.

:banana: <--- I love this guy.

I agree, this guy is awesome.
:banana:
But I also enjoy this one...
:beat:
And then to just make it extra super special...
:diebanana:
Congrats hbeast, and best of luck to the rest of you either here or elsewhere.

for those of you that interviewed already: (morning interviews)

i noticed someone in an earlier post wrote that they got out of there by noon, is this common?
i just received my itinerary from the school and it says that there is a lunch with faculty scheduled at 12:20...
i'm trying to book a flight so any info would be much appreciated!

for those of you that interviewed already: (morning interviews)

i noticed someone in an earlier post wrote that they got out of there by noon, is this common?
i just received my itinerary from the school and it says that there is a lunch with faculty scheduled at 12:20...
i'm trying to book a flight so any info would be much appreciated!

It says we'll be out by 1:00 pm in my itinerary. I don't think they'd blame you if you bailed out to catch a flight, though.

I have an interview on Jan 28. Any advice to offer?

CA Resident
University of California Berkeley Grad '06
BCPM GPA 3.35 cGPA 3.5, MCAT 37Q PS14 BS13 VR10

ER Volunteer and shadowing experience. Science tutor, with some leadership experience from college. Work experience in unrelated field (rental housing) and in graphic art.

Do I have a shot, it being so late? Since the cost for the interview is looking like a little less than $500, I'm trying to see if its worth it.

CA Resident

ER Volunteer and shadowing experience. Science tutor, with some leadership experience from college. Work experience in unrelated field (rental housing) and in graphic art.

Do I have a shot, it being so late? Since the cost for the interview is looking like a little less than $500, I'm trying to see if its worth it.

Not only do you have a shot, but I am going to go on a limb and say you are going to be accepted. As a new school I am sure they will want to take in your 37 to boost up their numbers so they don't lag as much in stats from other allo-schools. But I am also assuming you are not going to give an impression of a crazed maniac at the interview.

Your GPA is not as bad, TCMC has probably accepted a lot of kids from small PA schools with high GPAs and low MCAT scores.

[youtube]e50YBu14j3U[/youtube]

If TCMC would have made a commercial like this, their # of applicants would have went through the roof. It just came across the TV, and everyone in my family ran to the TV to watch. Even though I'm bitter about being rejected, I vote that this should be the dean's speech at the next interview session.

I was just checking the forecast for this Friday (my interview day), and the high temperature is going to be 11 degrees! It hardly gets below 50 where I'm from. I hope my coat will suffice.

I just interviewed on the ninth. I can't stand waiting to hear back. I may try to sleep for a couple of weeks until I'll know if I'm in.

I also interviewed on the 9th- were you in the morning? I was impressed with the school- everyone is very friendly and eager to get started- a very cool atmosphere.

CA Resident

I definitely think you have a shot. I got in as a CA resident.

I was in the afternoon. I was wondering if anyone from 1/9 has heard anything today. Is it possible to hear back so soon?

Anybody else going to be there this Friday?

I was also there 1/9. Still waiting. (And having a heart attack)

just got an interview! very surprised/excited!

congrats kac, and good luck!

On my interview information e-mail, it says who's interviewing me. Are the people listed here actually the ones interviewing us? If so, did anyone do any research on these people to have something to talk about?

congrats kac, and good luck!

On my interview information e-mail, it says who's interviewing me. Are the people listed here actually the ones interviewing us? If so, did anyone do any research on these people to have something to talk about?

The two people listed will interview you at the same time. I didn't know who I had until I came, and there was no pressure at all; it's very conversational.

Status
Not open for further replies.