NHSC Scholarship 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Uhh isn't the deadline to hear back Sept 30th? There's still plenty of time lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If its not tomorrow then we have to wait till next week

If its not tomorrow then we have to wait till next week
I don't think they have ever done anything on a Friday.. I think we are stuck looking at next week

I seriously hope you’re wrong but unfortunately, I think you’re right!!!!
Not saying it’s going to be today, but there was a government holiday on Monday so that could shift things forward by only one day. Usually not on Friday... until this year? Just trying to give you guys hope because it’s fun to watch haha

I have been watching this forum for weeks. I get excited everyday, and nothing! It's hurting my heart!:hungover:

I'm dying

Reactions: 1 users
I expect it no earlier than the 30th at this point

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been checking this forum daily because I refuse to check myself to see a counter-sign. this is incredibly frustrating!! has anyone called them and asked them whats going on :-(

I've been checking this forum daily because I refuse to check myself to see a counter-sign. this is incredibly frustrating!! has anyone called them and asked them whats going on :-(
I do the same thing. My heart gets a little sadder each time I check so I just stopped. :(

My excitement is gone, they killed it lol

Is anyone brave enough to call and ask to see if they plan on notifying anyone BEFORE the 30th?

So I just tried to call and the call failed in the middle so it's a sign

I called (mostly because I needed a break from studying haha) and found out absolutely nothing. Award notifications will all come by September 30th but could be any time before that, no info on whether or not any have been given out, no info on how likely it is that a finalist will get the award. Oh well

I called (mostly because I needed a break from studying haha) and found out absolutely nothing. Award notifications will all come by September 30th but could be any time before that, no info on whether or not any have been given out, no info on how likely it is that a finalist will get the award. Oh well

:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Literally the saddest thing I have heard all day.

Thanks for reaching out to them! Alas, the wait continues....

On a positive note, it seems that no one on this forum has gotten a countersignature, so at least we're all still in the running. I think.

I just saw that there will be a scheduled maintenance from Thursday September 13, 2018 at 05:00 PM to Friday, September 14, 2018 at 12:00 AM ET.

I do hope we hear back this week. But it seems we'll be hearing back next week after the scheduled maintenance. Who knows?

I just saw that there will be a scheduled maintenance from Thursday September 13, 2018 at 05:00 PM to Friday, September 14, 2018 at 12:00 AM ET.

I do hope we hear back this week. But it seems we'll be hearing back next week after the scheduled maintenance. Who knows?

What does that mean? Have they done a countersignature after a maintenance?

Sooo based on that maintenance...maybe Friday? lol the good news is that there are only 18 more possible days...

Idk...the sites been undergoing maintenance like once a week lately. I’m not convinced it means anything.

It hasnt happened in a while that ive seen! And i check constantly. I am hopeful :)

Guyssssss the website is back up and there are no changes on my end :( but maybe tomorrow still. less hopeful now :(

OMFG I WAS COUNTERSIGNED. I'M CRYING. :,)

Reactions: 4 users
Sooo is it real now?? Can I tell people and be excited? The contract does say: "The Secretary shall sign only those contracts submitted by applicants who are selected for participation."

Yay amazing guys, congrats!!! How do you know if yours was signed? I have an electronic signature by Jamie King on September 14th. Is this it!? I don't see anything from "The Secretary".

Reactions: 2 users
Yay amazing guys, congrats!!! How do you know if yours was signed? I have an electronic signature by Jamie King on September 14th. Is this it!? I don't see anything from "The Secretary".
This is it! Congrats!!! :)

Countersignature as well!

For future applicants:
First round credit check
First round finalist
PA student requesting 2 years funding
High GPA
Disadvantaged background
2 years working in homeless healthcare
Sought help from prehealth college advisor for revising essays

Reactions: 3 users
Also countersigned! First year med student. Applied for four years of funding.

Congrats, y’all!

Reactions: 5 users
I called the BHW line and asked if a countersign definitely means you were selected for participation and was told "if your contract was countersigned you have been selected for the scholarship." Not confident that this is totally true since the line doesn't have the best rep on giving out info, but im choosing to believe this one :) Congrats to everyone again--this is such a huge honor I could not be more excited.

I also have a signature from Jamie King! Were we supposed to get an email?

Reactions: 4 users
Countersigned as well!

First year MD student.
Requested 4 years of funding.

Jamie King countersigned mine at 0924! Omigod, I am so psyched!!!!!!!

The website still has me listed as 'Under Final Review,' though, and no email confirmation yet.

Stats:
First year Family Nurse Practitioner student.
Summa cum laude as BSN.
Finishing up an MPH this year, 3.5 GPA.
4 years in nursing, and before that 4 years working for a hunger-relief organization.

Good luck, all!

Countersigned as well!!!! First year medical student!

I got countersigned! Just finished crying!
First year medical student