Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long do you think we should shadow a DO for the letter because mine pretty much said about 6 hours is good enough for him. I mean assuming I can talk about it thoughtfully in interviews.[/QUAOTE]
It's all individual, there is no set standard as to how many hours you have to put in shadowing or community service, as long as you have some kind of exposure to medicine to make a well-thought out decision that this is what you want to do for the rest of your life.
It is up to you. I don't think it is necessary. I didn't update my AACOMAS for new activities, and I had a lot of new shadowing experiences by the time I went to the interview. You can just bring it up during the interview if needed.Thanks. I mean I was planning on updating AACOMAS after I shadowed this DO, which is where I would have put the 6 hours. Do you think I should even update it?