-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
AACOMAS received all my transcripts on 12 June and I still haven't been verified. Should I be concerned?
No. It generally takes 4-6 weeks for verification. If it's August and you haven't heard anything, be a teeny bit concerned.
AACOMAS received all my transcripts on 12 June and I still haven't been verified. Should I be concerned?
4 weeks max this year for verification. All of my transcripts were received June 14th and I still haven't been verified either. Should be before the end of this week!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does NSUCOM send out an e-mail stating they've received your secondary application? So far I've only received an e-mail with confirmation of my payment for the secondary?
I haven't heard anything else either, but I submit in 7/3 and it was a holiday weekend. When did you submit?
I submitted on 7/3 as well and I was half expecting a response today. Glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting.I haven't heard anything else either, but I submit in 7/3 and it was a holiday weekend. When did you submit?
I submitted on 7/3 as well and I was half expecting a response today. Glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting.
Actually, looks like I received an email about 20 minutes ago saying that they received my application. There's an attachment of my app as a pdf. hopefully you will receive yours shortly since we submitted on the same day!
Just checked my e-mail and I received it as well! And I guess they'll access our LOR through AACOMAS?Actually, looks like I received an email about 20 minutes ago saying that they received my application. There's an attachment of my app as a pdf. hopefully you will receive yours shortly since we submitted on the same day!
I'm assuming so! I wish they gave us a time frame in which we would hear back from them, but I guess we will have to wait for more emails re/that.Just checked my e-mail and I received it as well! And I guess they'll access our LOR through AACOMAS?
I wish they would too but now the ball is officially in their court and all we can do is wait and hope to hear something soon, good luck!I'm assuming so! I wish they gave us a time frame in which we would hear back from them, but I guess we will have to wait for more emails re/that.
I wish they would too but now the ball is officially in their court and all we can do is wait and hope to hear something soon, good luck!
indeed! thank you and the same to you 🙂
anyone got phone call(voicemail) today from..area code 954. it sounds like from nova regarding my app but cant hear it very clear due to noise and low volume
i did about 10 minutes ago, but it wasn't a voicemail. I actually spoke with the lady.anyone got phone call(voicemail) today from..area code 954. it sounds like from nova regarding my app but cant hear it very clear due to noise and low volume
anyone got phone call(voicemail) today from..area code 954. it sounds like from nova regarding my app but cant hear it very clear due to noise and low volume
They just called me as well. It was to let me know that my app is complete and ready to be reviewed! I bet it was the same for you...and now we wait. 🙂
Huh, I haven't received a phone call but I received an e-mail confirmation about receiving my secondary?They just called me as well. It was to let me know that my app is complete and ready to be reviewed! I bet it was the same for you...and now we wait. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Huh, I haven't received a phone call but I received an e-mail confirmation about receiving my secondary?
I received that too when I submitted my secondary. I think the phone call was just to confirm they had all materials (including LoRs, etc) and that they were ready to review my whole application.
Gotcha, well all my LoRs are submitted and my MCAT scores are posted so hopefully I'll hear from them soon!I received that too when I submitted my secondary. I think the phone call was just to confirm they had all materials (including LoRs, etc) and that they were ready to review my whole application.
I received that too when I submitted my secondary. I think the phone call was just to confirm they had all materials (including LoRs, etc) and that they were ready to review my whole application.
Just wondering when you received that first email?
I'm so confused. The secondary doesn't ask to list your employment experiences out of college...it asks you to list any employment experiences while you were IN college that didn't include summer.
Just wondering when you received that first email?
July 3rd.
I'm so confused. The secondary doesn't ask to list your employment experiences out of college...it asks you to list any employment experiences while you were IN college that didn't include summer.
To me, it looks like they are trying to gauge what you had to balance during undergrad. Chances are a full-time student with a part-time (or full -time) job would have less time to study, volunteer, etc. than a student without a job and I'm sure they take that into consideration when reviewing applicants.
That might explain it, it looks like you submitted your primary earlier.July 3rd.
I sent my MCAT to AACOMAS on 15 May and they still haven't verified it :O
Anyone going through a similar dilemma?
Anyone going through a similar dilemma?
4 weeks max this year for verification. All of my transcripts were received June 14th and I still haven't been verified either. Should be before the end of this week!
Got verified today, so you should be getting notification soon too! My MCAT is still in the process tho
Received email saying my lors have been received! Look forward to hearing back from this school.
Just out of curiosity when did you submit and did you send your letters through AACOMAS?
I had mine submitted very early May, between 05/09 - 05/11 and still waiting to hear, although when I tried checking AACOMAS today the portal wasn't loading.Just out of curiosity when did you submit and did you send your letters through AACOMAS?
@vanbennj @golfman7
Totally meant when you submit your secondary, not the primary. My bad
Totally meant when you submit your secondary, not the primary. My bad
Got the call from Nova today! Application Ready for Review.
Got a message from their number, but some of it is inaudible (time for a new phone?)
What exactly does the call say?
Thanks and congrats! 🙂
anyone else received an email where you have to sign this disclosure form and send back? email mentions sending college transcripts...do we have to do this even if it's obviously been done with AACOMAS?
Those getting the phone call, did you do this step before?
Those getting the phone call, did you do this step before?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you submit the secondary for here?Got the call from Nova today! Application Ready for Review.
Just received that phone call at 3:15 PST.
Secondary submit on 7/3. Received confirmation email on 7/6. Hoping for an II! Love what I've read about this place 🙂
Secondary submit on 7/3. Received confirmation email on 7/6. Hoping for an II! Love what I've read about this place 🙂
Got the call today too!
did you send that signed disclosure statement already?Just received that phone call at 3:15 PST.
Secondary submit on 7/3. Received confirmation email on 7/6. Hoping for an II! Love what I've read about this place 🙂
did you send that signed disclosure statement already?
I got the call but I have no idea what email you are referring to and I definitely didn't sign or submit anything yet!
interesting! it's just a disclosure type thing that you acknowledge they don't discriminate. I didn't get any call but got this. when you look at secondary app status in their portal, do you see a slot for it? I currently do....but for "AACOMAS service application" I see a blank..I'm guessing that's the actual aacomas app? They have my LOR and MCAT score so far.I got the call but I have no idea what email you are referring to and I definitely didn't sign or submit anything yet!
interesting! it's just a disclosure type thing that you acknowledge they don't discriminate. I didn't get any call but got this. when you look at secondary app status in their portal, do you see a slot for it? I currently do....but for "AACOMAS service application" I see a blank..I'm guessing that's the actual aacomas app? They have my LOR and MCAT score so far.
I too have not seen/signed any disclosure statement
got a call saying saying my app was ready for review, but i don't think my LOR's have been recieved by AACOMAS yet. anyone else in the same boat? should i call NOVA to make sure there's no mistake (i don't want them reviewing my app if it's technically not complete yet lol)
got a call saying saying my app was ready for review, but i don't think my LOR's have been recieved by AACOMAS yet. anyone else in the same boat? should i call NOVA to make sure there's no mistake (i don't want them reviewing my app if it's technically not complete yet lol)
i don't think you would've received the call if Nova didn't have your LORs. If you click "Fall 2016" Under admission term on teh little portal page you will see all of the lovely shenanigians w/ the dates they were received including LOR, MCAT, and the primary.
i don't think you would've received the call if Nova didn't have your LORs. If you click "Fall 2016" Under admission term on teh little portal page you will see all of the lovely shenanigians w/ the dates they were received including LOR, MCAT, and the primary.
strange, on the application summary page it says they recieved my AACOMAS service application and signature page with the dates for those two. there's nothing about receiving LORs or my MCAT scores
Under the requirements I have my AACOMAS service Application listed but there's no date for it and the signature page underneath as well. No tabs for LoR or MCAT scores either.strange, on the application summary page it says they recieved my AACOMAS service application and signature page with the dates for those two. there's nothing about receiving LORs or my MCAT scores
strange, on the application summary page it says they recieved my AACOMAS service application and signature page with the dates for those two. there's nothing about receiving LORs or my MCAT scores
Under the requirements I have my AACOMAS service Application listed but there's no date for it and the signature page underneath as well. No tabs for LoR or MCAT scores either.
hmmmm interesting... I don't think they have received either then. I would wait 3 or so days after you submit your secondary to contact them. They could still be downloading applications and such
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was in the same position. I called them about it a week later and they said that they download the primaries in waves and that it should be up for me tommorow( this was like 4-5 days ago) . You should give them a call, they are super friendly and nice.Weirdest thing for me is they haven't checked off aacomas service application as received lol
I made sure to mention that I had already submitted my secondary after receiving the email to complete it.
Gl man, I'm sure it's gonna show up soon. It's still super early.
Also I haven't received a phone call yet either telling me I'm ready for review .
thanks a lot for that! did you have the signature page emailed to you as well?I was in the same position. I called them about it a week later and they said that they download the primaries in waves and that it should be up for me tommorow( this was like 4-5 days ago) . You should give them a call, they are super friendly and nice.
I made sure to mention that I had already submitted my secondary after receiving the email to complete it.
Gl man, I'm sure it's gonna show up soon. It's still super early.
Also I haven't received a phone call yet either telling me I'm ready for review .
Yeah I did .thanks a lot for that! did you have the signature page emailed to you as well?
.
Mine doesn't have a date for that as well, although the weird thing is I have an e-mail from them that I received on July 2 stating, "The Office of Admissions at NSU-COM has recently received your application from AACOMAS."Weirdest thing for me is they haven't checked off aacomas service application as received lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 81K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 500
- Views
- 120K
- Replies
- 28
- Views
- 8K