Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I need to accept by 5pm today and send in a deposit within 1 week. It's definitely not an easy decision but I'm leaning towards accepting

Congrats on your acceptance. I'm a 2016 graduate. If you have any questions about Nova I think I can answer most of your questions after being with them the last 4 years. They will prepare you well for residency! Best of luck in school. Hardest part is getting in!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
accepted off the wait list this afternoon!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
^^^ Congrats guys! Hopefully i'm next in line... :(

Did you both send LOI and updates these past few months?

^^^ Congrats guys! Hopefully i'm next in line... :(

Did you both send LOI and updates these past few months?
I sent a 2 page detailed LOI a few days after I found out I was wait listed, which I believe was some time in April (interviewed early March) and I also sent a letter updating them of my activities with significant updates that we not in my original file. Best of luck!!!! There is definitely movement going on so I am rooting for you to be next!

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if NSU requires you to provide parent information when filling out the FAFSA?

for accepted students, how long did it take to get the acceptance email? I'm still waiting on mine, and im getting antsy because i want to start getting this stuff done. or if anyone could let me know what i need to be working on that'd be great as well

for accepted students, how long did it take to get the acceptance email? I'm still waiting on mine, and im getting antsy because i want to start getting this stuff done. or if anyone could let me know what i need to be working on that'd be great as well
Mine took 2-3 days to be emailed to me. Nothing in the mail yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird... I got my call Thursday and also got the acceptance email the same day!

Hey Guys.. So I just got accepted today after being on the waitlist since March. I'm very excited BUT also completely overwhelmed. Does anyone know how long it will take to order the white coat and the scrubs? Just worried, especially with the white coat if it will get here by August 7th if I won't recieve my welcome packet until Friday at the earliest?

Reactions: 1 users
What do they mean by healthcare related volunteer activities? Does shadowing count towards that? Or any kind of volunteer work that can be associated with healthcare?
did you ever get a response? I'm actually wondering the same thing.. I'm applying for the 2016-2017 cycle and noone has posted in the thread yet

To any current students: how long are your winter, summer, and spring breaks?

To any current students: how long are your winter, summer, and spring breaks?
Off the top of my head for M1 year:
Winter ~3 weeks
Summer: 1 1/2 Months (Mid-may - june)
Spring: 1 week

Hey Guys.. So I just got accepted today after being on the waitlist since March. I'm very excited BUT also completely overwhelmed. Does anyone know how long it will take to order the white coat and the scrubs? Just worried, especially with the white coat if it will get here by August 7th if I won't recieve my welcome packet until Friday at the earliest?
Your white coat may not arrive in time for the ceremony but if that is the case, you can just borrow someone else's that's from a different society when it's your turn to walk. I bought my scrubs from a local store but COM dress code is either ceil blue scrubs or professional attire so you can just keep looking awesome until your scrubs arrive.

The biggest thing to worry about is your immunizations as that's the only thing that will stop you from getting in. Other than that, try to enjoy your last few days before the fun really starts.

After a long debate on what to do with my life, I have decided that I will be withdrawing my acceptance to Nova. Hopefully my seat will go out to one of you on the waitlist

can someone please post a breakdown of in-state tuition? thank you!

Current M2 here guys. Congrats to those of you who got in and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Hello, I am currently applying this cycle (2016-2017) and am wondering if any of you all figured out a way to check your status when applying. My secondary invite was initially lost in transit to my inbox and I am concerned I may have received an II that has met the same fate. Any insight into the portal would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hello, I am currently applying this cycle (2016-2017) and am wondering if any of you all figured out a way to check your status when applying. My secondary invite was initially lost in transit to my inbox and I am concerned I may have received an II that has met the same fate. Any insight into the portal would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Sorry, all the M1s were busy with orientation. From my best knowledge, there was no way to check your status online. The interview email should go straight to your inbox.

Anyone that has reapplied for the 2016-2017 cycle get a letter from Nova regarding no longer considered for current cycle?

Any international students receive the "Your I-20 Requirements" email?

I thought it was a little odd NSU would talk about I-20s when a II hasn't even been extended. But then again, they were the only school that decided to call to let me know I was complete.
Hi I am also an international student. Are you accepted and attending NOVA? If you are, I have some questions to ask you, if you don't mind. Thanks