Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only some classes are required. They are Humanism in Medicine, OPP Lecture/Lab, Clinical Reasoning, Physical Diagnosis Lecture/Lab, and other labs. All lectures are recorded, but sometimes there are problems with recordings. The recording system kinda sucks.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been able to set up their e-mail yet? Or gotten any kind of notification about it? And I guess there is still no word on the facebook group.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview here is tomorrow! Anyone else?

Anyone interviewing on Wednesday that is also traveling into town and would like to get dinner?

If you look up NSU retrieve sharklink ID, you should be able to get to page where you insert your personal info to get your email address/pin! I'm not sure how often they update it, but I think it takes about a month after deposit #1

What are the odds NSU has their class filled by late march? Starting to get a little worried about how late my interview is... And it stinks because I know they accept a high percentage of their interviewees.

I am actually traveling in on Wednesday and spending the night for the Thursday interview. So if anyone else is going to be bored Wednesday night and want to go to dinner, let me know.

Good luck with interviews! If you guys happen to pass by the Alvin Sherman Library (the big, nice-looking one) on the tour around 10AM, I'll wave hello!

Question: Anyone have any luck logging into sharklink? I set up sharkpass, but it still won't let me login with those credentials. I must be doing something obviously wrong haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it possible to store luggage at the interview?

Yes, they have an area to keep your luggage if you need right behind the check-in desk. Naturally there's someone there at the desk to watch your things while you're out and about.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone who deposited recently received info on matriculation requirements like vaccines, background check, etc?

Can anyone comment on apartments they really liked? And/or great neighborhoods for house rentals? Thanks!

Any recent interview invites? I called the admissions office last week and they weren't particularly helpful.

Any recent interview invites? I called the admissions office last week and they weren't particularly helpful.
Judging by the link in my interview invite, it looks like all the interview spaces are filled. I called last week and they said they may open more dates in April, but the committee isn't sure yet.

Lol yeah that's me :D I looked at the members in the Nova DO '21 group, and I knew enough about you to know it was you lol.

I love that you Sherlocked me -- I also just added you to the group.... although, I don't know how. It asked me to add you, but I'm not an admin. So........ magic?

Anyone know how many interviews NSU had/will have this year? Been reading past forums and it sounds like they've been sending fewer invites in the past couple years.

For anyone who's been interviewed and accepted, how long did it take for you guys to receive your acceptance email?

For anyone who's been interviewed and accepted, how long did it take for you guys to receive your acceptance email?

It can take as little as 10 days or as long as a month and a half (just based on what I've been seeing).

Reactions: 1 users

I interviewed on a Thursday and found out the next Friday (about a week). This was a lot sooner than I anticipated

Offered an interview by phone today but turned it down. Hope it goes to one of you waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone from February 14th interview hear back yet? I know its barely been over a week but I'm dying to hear back.

For those who were accepted and paid the deposit-- Are the forms to be submitted within 2 weeks too, or do we have more time for those?

Cancelled my interview here for 16 March... hope it goes to one of y'all!

Anyone from February 14th interview hear back yet? I know its barely been over a week but I'm dying to hear back.
I interviewed a bit before you and the admissions committee said they're not meeting until the end of the month. I imagine the earliest we'll hear back is next week. Best of luck!

That makes sense. Last acceptance that I recall being posted on here was someone that interviewed Feb 2nd. They will probably meet next week to discuss the past 2-3 weeks of interviews. Thanks!

Can anyone comment on what our ms1 schedule will be like? Especially curious about what the mandatory classes are and when they are (time wise). Thanks!