NYIT-Jonesboro vs Liberty LUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hairspray37

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts? Opinions? speculations? Which would you choose?

Members don't see this ad.

Thoughts? Opinions? speculations? Which would you choose?
Personally, I would choose any DO school over LUCOM. This is a hard personal opinion, but you should keep in mind how heavy of an influence libertys evangelical roots will have on your education. Objectively, liberty accepts students with poor MCAT scores and subpar GPAs and has poor board scores and pass rates (so far). So given the choice, I would rather take my chances at NYIT-jonesboro. But that school will also have its share of uphill battles. Good luck deciding!

Reactions: 1 users
Thats kinda a loaded question considering the groupthink on SDN is anti-LUCOM but some how they fill their class every year and every student I have spoken to who goes to the school is happy and has stated that they don't have a huge problem with the evangelical roots. Its up to you really but both being fairly new schools, like the above poster said it really depends on you because both will have uphill battles.

Board scores and pass rates will go up as LUCOM gets used to the process and what works, NYIT has a proven product but not a Jonesboro so if both campuses communicate then you're good but if they don't then you're basically in a new school situation like LUCOM.

Choose which you liked best and do as well as you can.

Reactions: 1 user
The person who matched Neurosurgery from LUCOM probably doesn’t mind all the SDN naysayers as much. ;)

Reactions: 1 user