2022-2023 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone remember any of the interview questions and what they asked?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the A call. Interviewed on March 9. So excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I misssed the call and called back and was told about my "A".

Reactions: 1 user
BTW, I had my interview on March 9th too. They spoke to me for nearly 4 minutes and said the committee met (sounded like this AM) and voted to offer "A". They also mentioned about the admitted students tour dates and few deadlines for deposit etc

Last edited:
Assuming I got rejected as no phone call yet.....congrats to you guys who got accepted! You will be great doctors!

@starlord47

Thanks. You will be one too.
I am cureent
Assuming I got rejected as no phone call yet.....congrats to you guys who got accepted! You will be great doctors!
@starlord47

I am confident you would be a great doc too. Just because you didn't hear doesn't mean you got rejected. How did your interview go? I was brutally honest in my interview and it was well received.

I am confident you would be a great doc too. Just because you didn't hear doesn't mean you got rejected. How did your interview go? I was brutally honest in my interview and it was well received.
I also answered honestly and shared experiences from Christian undergrad. My interviewer seemed not very interested and dry though so not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for those who got the "A" last week. Did you receive the "A" letter through email? I haven't received it and I recall the person who called mentioning about the 2 week timeline to send the deposit.

BTW, How much is the deposit here?

Question for those who got the "A" last week. Did you receive the "A" letter through email? I haven't received it and I recall the person who called mentioning about the 2 week timeline to send the deposit.

BTW, How much is the deposit here?
They sent it through liberty university email on Saturday. Deposit is $2,000

Thanks, @WillyWonka1. I logged in liberty account (it was a little tricky, but I figured it out) and saw the offer letter and other stuff.

Quick question: If you file for FAFSA with a particular school name and later switch to another school would it cause any issues? Or should I wait until May 15th and get clarity on the situation? With many of us having the possibility of switching schools as late as July, how does this work?

I would appreciate the responses for those I don't have the info; please correct it if I am wrong. Please add any other stuff to the list.

1. Grading system(Preclinical): Pass or Fail (College of Osteopathic Medicine Transcript Information | Registrar | Liberty University )
2. Residency match rate: 100% for 2022 (Liberty University’s senior medical students achieve 100% residency placement on annual Match Day » Liberty News)
3. COMLEX pass rates (Wich they also provide USMLE scores):
Average scores : ???
4. Support resources for COMLEX/USMLE:
5. Do the exams/tests reflect the board exam?
6. Fees ( Tuition and Fees | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine )
LUCOM Tuition — $24,720 (per Semester)**

Liberty University (LU) Fees
LU Student Activity Fee — $285 (per Semester)
LU Student Health Fee — $170 (per Semester)
LU Parking Fee — $100 (per Semester)

LUCOM Fees
Anatomy, Clinical Medicine, SIM Lab Fee — $675 (Annually)
LUCOM Student Activity Fee — $300 (Annually)
Malpractice Insurance Fee — $300 (Annually)

LUCOM One-Time Fees
Computer/Equipment Fee (1st Year Only) — $1750
Includes computer, LUCOM-required exam software, and Top Hat software
Graduation Fee (Senior Year Only) — $950

*Tuition of $49,440 is divided evenly between LUCOM’s two semesters for the year.

7. Standardized patient / Simulation lab (SIM Lab | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine )

8. Human cadavers (Anatomical Dissection Lab | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine ): Looks like they have it.

9. Rotation sites :

Thanks, @WillyWonka1. I logged in liberty account (it was a little tricky, but I figured it out) and saw the offer letter and other stuff.

Quick question: If you file for FAFSA with a particular school name and later switch to another school would it cause any issues? Or should I wait until May 15th and get clarity on the situation? With many of us having the possibility of switching schools as late as July, how does this work?
I have no idea about the FAFSA question as I am an international student. We are not eligible to file for FAFSA as Canadians.

Just withdrew my A, I hope it goes to one of you amazing people!! Good luck everyone :)

I would appreciate the responses for those I don't have the info; please correct it if I am wrong. Please add any other stuff to the list.

1. Grading system(Preclinical): Pass or Fail (College of Osteopathic Medicine Transcript Information | Registrar | Liberty University )
2. Residency match rate: 100% for 2022 (Liberty University’s senior medical students achieve 100% residency placement on annual Match Day » Liberty News)
3. COMLEX pass rates (Wich they also provide USMLE scores):
Average scores : ???
4. Support resources for COMLEX/USMLE:
5. Do the exams/tests reflect the board exam?
6. Fees ( Tuition and Fees | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine )
LUCOM Tuition — $24,720 (per Semester)**

Liberty University (LU) Fees
LU Student Activity Fee — $285 (per Semester)
LU Student Health Fee — $170 (per Semester)
LU Parking Fee — $100 (per Semester)

LUCOM Fees
Anatomy, Clinical Medicine, SIM Lab Fee — $675 (Annually)
LUCOM Student Activity Fee — $300 (Annually)
Malpractice Insurance Fee — $300 (Annually)

LUCOM One-Time Fees
Computer/Equipment Fee (1st Year Only) — $1750
Includes computer, LUCOM-required exam software, and Top Hat software
Graduation Fee (Senior Year Only) — $950

*Tuition of $49,440 is divided evenly between LUCOM’s two semesters for the year.

7. Standardized patient / Simulation lab (SIM Lab | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine )

8. Human cadavers (Anatomical Dissection Lab | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine ): Looks like they have it.

9. Rotation sites :
Rising 4th year:

1. Grading system is 95% letter grades, 10 point scale. Only a few things are P/F
2. Match rate for c/o 2023 was 98.5% match, 100% placement (3 students SOAPed)
3. Not updated on the web site, but the most recent class taking Level 1 had a 100% pass rate.
4. Support resources for COMLEX/USMLE: our class was given Kaplan...it's ok. I found it more useful for the shelf exams than anything else.
5. I have no idea how to answer this. The exams are written by professors.
9. Rotation sites: Clinical Rotations | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine

You should be able to add multiple schools to your FAFSA, and your financial info gets transmitted to all of them.

Would any current students be able to share what a typical week looks like for you? Lecture, studying, free time, etc. Anything and everything would be appreciated. :)
This varies by year, but the general breakdown goes like this. I'm going to stick to preclinical because clinical years are wildly variable based on rotation, preceptor schedule, etc. But there is only one exam per clinical year block.

M-F lectures in the mornings (8-12), labs in the afternoons. Minimum is 4 hours of lab per week (OMM & PCM), max is closer to 12 hours per week if gross anatomy lab is happening plus ultrasound plus OMM & PCM. OMM & PCM lectures are required, most of the core block lectures aren't but there will be an occasional APP session that's mandatory. Lectures are recorded but not livestreamed. Exams are every 2 weeks in 1st year & every week in 2nd year. Tutoring is offered virtually most evenings, and recorded for watching later. Many students participate in intramural sports, extracurricular activities, do research, and lead organizations. There is time to do pretty much everything you want, but you'll have the occasional hectic week.

Reactions: 2 users
Any students have info on rotations? IE how confident did you feel on the quality of rotations and exposures to specialty doctors?

Does anyone know how much the bus routes cost from LUCOM? Or if there is a service provided for students?

Will be passing on my acceptance to another future doc! Best wishes!

Me too. I had a hard time withdrawing from this school. I am not a Christian but felt very much at home in this school during the tour. Very friendly administration and happy student community. I loved this school after visiting them. I had an easy time withdrawing from other schools but this was a close finish.

Must be a region thing. I submitted mine in Late August and just received a confirmation email. I’m from FL
Late cycle interview invite! Just received an email from the office of admissions. Complete in September!

Praise God!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Wondering if anyone knows if Liberty for sure screens MCAT scores? the AACOMAS app says 499 minimum for acceptance, but I am curious if anyone knows of people who have still gotten through, due to a good essay or anything?

Wondering if anyone knows if Liberty for sure screens MCAT scores? the AACOMAS app says 499 minimum for acceptance, but I am curious if anyone knows of people who have still gotten through, due to a good essay or anything?
Basically they look at and interview over 500 candidates first, then if they have spots left they’ll move down to below 500. That’s what I was told a few years ago…not sure if that’s changed.

Any others not accepted this year and/or on a waitlist with LUCOM?? \not sure if it's ok to call back this late in the cycle or go ahead and just start applying for next cycle :/

I forgot I even applied here but got the following email yesterday:

“Hello!

We still have a seat open for Fall of 2023. If you are interested in being interviewed for this seat, please reply to this e-mail and we will connect with you this week!

Thank you!

Dave Freyre”

This, to me, says LUCOM may have exhausted their waitlist. In any case, I found such casual message odd and won’t be taking up their offer. It looks like this was sent to about 40ish people and I have no doubt some would take them up on this offer. Just thought I would share.

I got this this morning:

We have a seat open for Fall of 2023. Our records indicate that you previously forfeited your acceptance, however, we understand that plans can change as the matriculation cycle progresses.
If you are interested in this seat, please reply to this e-mail and we will connect with you this week!
Thank you!

Dave Freyre

Is this a bit weird that the school is reaching out to applicants who declined a seat? I don’t know of other schools doing this

Is this a bit weird that the school is reaching out to applicants who declined a seat? I don’t know of other schools doing this
I remember this happening a few times last cycle... there were a few DO schools and I believe one MD school that made their waitlist too short and had to reach back out to people. But it's not a great look

Got the same email. This most likely means they will be reaching out to waitlisted people soon, so good luck everyone :)
I believe they have already exhausted their waitlist considering they are offering interviews to new people instead of accepting the ones they already WL

Just got a similar email saying they're going to reconsider my application if I send my updated transcripts. But they rejected me post interview wayyyyy back in October. 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Were those of you that were receiving late cycle interview invites under their MCAT requirement?

Any current students able to share what the typical exam schedule is like weekly?