You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Liberty University (LUCOM)
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1061520
I just got the A call. Interviewed on March 9. So excited!
Congrats! I interviewed March 6th and waiting anxiously for that phone call. What time did they call you?I just got the A call. Interviewed on March 9. So excited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted but will most likely decline. Interviewed March 6th.
I just got a phone call! Maybe 10 minutes ago? And I interviewed that same day, good luck to you!Congrats! I interviewed March 6th and waiting anxiously for that phone call. What time did they call you?
Congrats to you! Hoping I get one too. Good luck wherever you decide to goI just got a phone call! Maybe 10 minutes ago? And I interviewed that same day, good luck to you!
I misssed the call and called back and was told about my "A".
BTW, I had my interview on March 9th too. They spoke to me for nearly 4 minutes and said the committee met (sounded like this AM) and voted to offer "A". They also mentioned about the admitted students tour dates and few deadlines for deposit etc
Last edited:
Curious where are you headed? I have shortlisted few and need to add this to the short list.I just got a phone call! Maybe 10 minutes ago? And I interviewed that same day, good luck to you!
for me it was mostly about my personal experience. Go through the SDN.Does anyone remember any of the interview questions and what they asked?
Assuming I got rejected as no phone call yet.....congrats to you guys who got accepted! You will be great doctors!
@starlord47
Thanks. You will be one too.
I am cureent
I am confident you would be a great doc too. Just because you didn't hear doesn't mean you got rejected. How did your interview go? I was brutally honest in my interview and it was well received.
Thanks. You will be one too.
I am cureent
@starlord47Assuming I got rejected as no phone call yet.....congrats to you guys who got accepted! You will be great doctors!
I am confident you would be a great doc too. Just because you didn't hear doesn't mean you got rejected. How did your interview go? I was brutally honest in my interview and it was well received.
I also answered honestly and shared experiences from Christian undergrad. My interviewer seemed not very interested and dry though so not sure.I am confident you would be a great doc too. Just because you didn't hear doesn't mean you got rejected. How did your interview go? I was brutally honest in my interview and it was well received.
class of 2022 had 100% match rate . Nice
Question for those who got the "A" last week. Did you receive the "A" letter through email? I haven't received it and I recall the person who called mentioning about the 2 week timeline to send the deposit.
BTW, How much is the deposit here?
BTW, How much is the deposit here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1061520
They sent it through liberty university email on Saturday. Deposit is $2,000Question for those who got the "A" last week. Did you receive the "A" letter through email? I haven't received it and I recall the person who called mentioning about the 2 week timeline to send the deposit.
BTW, How much is the deposit here?
Thanks. Sent them an email .....They sent it through liberty university email on Saturday. Deposit is $2,000
Thanks, @WillyWonka1. I logged in liberty account (it was a little tricky, but I figured it out) and saw the offer letter and other stuff.
Quick question: If you file for FAFSA with a particular school name and later switch to another school would it cause any issues? Or should I wait until May 15th and get clarity on the situation? With many of us having the possibility of switching schools as late as July, how does this work?
Quick question: If you file for FAFSA with a particular school name and later switch to another school would it cause any issues? Or should I wait until May 15th and get clarity on the situation? With many of us having the possibility of switching schools as late as July, how does this work?
I would appreciate the responses for those I don't have the info; please correct it if I am wrong. Please add any other stuff to the list.
1. Grading system(Preclinical): Pass or Fail (College of Osteopathic Medicine Transcript Information | Registrar | Liberty University )
2. Residency match rate: 100% for 2022 (Liberty University’s senior medical students achieve 100% residency placement on annual Match Day » Liberty News)
3. COMLEX pass rates (Wich they also provide USMLE scores):
www.liberty.edu
Average scores : ???
4. Support resources for COMLEX/USMLE:
5. Do the exams/tests reflect the board exam?
6. Fees ( Tuition and Fees | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine )
LUCOM Tuition — $24,720 (per Semester)**
Liberty University (LU) Fees
LU Student Activity Fee — $285 (per Semester)
LU Student Health Fee — $170 (per Semester)
LU Parking Fee — $100 (per Semester)
LUCOM Fees
Anatomy, Clinical Medicine, SIM Lab Fee — $675 (Annually)
LUCOM Student Activity Fee — $300 (Annually)
Malpractice Insurance Fee — $300 (Annually)
LUCOM One-Time Fees
Computer/Equipment Fee (1st Year Only) — $1750
Includes computer, LUCOM-required exam software, and Top Hat software
Graduation Fee (Senior Year Only) — $950
*Tuition of $49,440 is divided evenly between LUCOM’s two semesters for the year.
7. Standardized patient / Simulation lab (SIM Lab | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine )
8. Human cadavers (Anatomical Dissection Lab | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine ): Looks like they have it.
9. Rotation sites :
1. Grading system(Preclinical): Pass or Fail (College of Osteopathic Medicine Transcript Information | Registrar | Liberty University )
2. Residency match rate: 100% for 2022 (Liberty University’s senior medical students achieve 100% residency placement on annual Match Day » Liberty News)
3. COMLEX pass rates (Wich they also provide USMLE scores):
COMLEX Results | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine
View the first-time pass rates for COMLEX Levels 1, 2-CE, 2-PE, and 3. Provided statistics overlook multiple testing cycles. Read when you will take each COMLEX level.
4. Support resources for COMLEX/USMLE:
5. Do the exams/tests reflect the board exam?
6. Fees ( Tuition and Fees | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine )
LUCOM Tuition — $24,720 (per Semester)**
Liberty University (LU) Fees
LU Student Activity Fee — $285 (per Semester)
LU Student Health Fee — $170 (per Semester)
LU Parking Fee — $100 (per Semester)
LUCOM Fees
Anatomy, Clinical Medicine, SIM Lab Fee — $675 (Annually)
LUCOM Student Activity Fee — $300 (Annually)
Malpractice Insurance Fee — $300 (Annually)
LUCOM One-Time Fees
Computer/Equipment Fee (1st Year Only) — $1750
Includes computer, LUCOM-required exam software, and Top Hat software
Graduation Fee (Senior Year Only) — $950
*Tuition of $49,440 is divided evenly between LUCOM’s two semesters for the year.
7. Standardized patient / Simulation lab (SIM Lab | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine )
8. Human cadavers (Anatomical Dissection Lab | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine ): Looks like they have it.
9. Rotation sites :
D
deleted1061520
I have no idea about the FAFSA question as I am an international student. We are not eligible to file for FAFSA as Canadians.Thanks, @WillyWonka1. I logged in liberty account (it was a little tricky, but I figured it out) and saw the offer letter and other stuff.
Quick question: If you file for FAFSA with a particular school name and later switch to another school would it cause any issues? Or should I wait until May 15th and get clarity on the situation? With many of us having the possibility of switching schools as late as July, how does this work?
Just withdrew my A, I hope it goes to one of you amazing people!! Good luck everyone 🙂
Quick question-Is there a prayer before every lecture ?
randommedstudent24
Full Member
Rising 4th year:I would appreciate the responses for those I don't have the info; please correct it if I am wrong. Please add any other stuff to the list.
1. Grading system(Preclinical): Pass or Fail (College of Osteopathic Medicine Transcript Information | Registrar | Liberty University )
2. Residency match rate: 100% for 2022 (Liberty University’s senior medical students achieve 100% residency placement on annual Match Day » Liberty News)
3. COMLEX pass rates (Wich they also provide USMLE scores):
Average scores : ???COMLEX Results | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine
View the first-time pass rates for COMLEX Levels 1, 2-CE, 2-PE, and 3. Provided statistics overlook multiple testing cycles. Read when you will take each COMLEX level.www.liberty.edu
4. Support resources for COMLEX/USMLE:
5. Do the exams/tests reflect the board exam?
6. Fees ( Tuition and Fees | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine )
LUCOM Tuition — $24,720 (per Semester)**
Liberty University (LU) Fees
LU Student Activity Fee — $285 (per Semester)
LU Student Health Fee — $170 (per Semester)
LU Parking Fee — $100 (per Semester)
LUCOM Fees
Anatomy, Clinical Medicine, SIM Lab Fee — $675 (Annually)
LUCOM Student Activity Fee — $300 (Annually)
Malpractice Insurance Fee — $300 (Annually)
LUCOM One-Time Fees
Computer/Equipment Fee (1st Year Only) — $1750
Includes computer, LUCOM-required exam software, and Top Hat software
Graduation Fee (Senior Year Only) — $950
*Tuition of $49,440 is divided evenly between LUCOM’s two semesters for the year.
7. Standardized patient / Simulation lab (SIM Lab | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine )
8. Human cadavers (Anatomical Dissection Lab | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine ): Looks like they have it.
9. Rotation sites :
1. Grading system is 95% letter grades, 10 point scale. Only a few things are P/F
2. Match rate for c/o 2023 was 98.5% match, 100% placement (3 students SOAPed)
3. Not updated on the web site, but the most recent class taking Level 1 had a 100% pass rate.
4. Support resources for COMLEX/USMLE: our class was given Kaplan...it's ok. I found it more useful for the shelf exams than anything else.
5. I have no idea how to answer this. The exams are written by professors.
6.
7.
8.
9. Rotation sites: Clinical Rotations | Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine
randommedstudent24
Full Member
Depends on the professor, some do, some don't. There will be a prayer before every exam at a minimum.Quick question-Is there a prayer before every lecture ?
randommedstudent24
Full Member
You should be able to add multiple schools to your FAFSA, and your financial info gets transmitted to all of them.Thanks, @WillyWonka1. I logged in liberty account (it was a little tricky, but I figured it out) and saw the offer letter and other stuff.
Quick question: If you file for FAFSA with a particular school name and later switch to another school would it cause any issues? Or should I wait until May 15th and get clarity on the situation? With many of us having the possibility of switching schools as late as July, how does this work?
randommedstudent24
Full Member
This varies by year, but the general breakdown goes like this. I'm going to stick to preclinical because clinical years are wildly variable based on rotation, preceptor schedule, etc. But there is only one exam per clinical year block.Would any current students be able to share what a typical week looks like for you? Lecture, studying, free time, etc. Anything and everything would be appreciated. 🙂
M-F lectures in the mornings (8-12), labs in the afternoons. Minimum is 4 hours of lab per week (OMM & PCM), max is closer to 12 hours per week if gross anatomy lab is happening plus ultrasound plus OMM & PCM. OMM & PCM lectures are required, most of the core block lectures aren't but there will be an occasional APP session that's mandatory. Lectures are recorded but not livestreamed. Exams are every 2 weeks in 1st year & every week in 2nd year. Tutoring is offered virtually most evenings, and recorded for watching later. Many students participate in intramural sports, extracurricular activities, do research, and lead organizations. There is time to do pretty much everything you want, but you'll have the occasional hectic week.
Medapplicant22
Full Member
Does anyone know how much the bus routes cost from LUCOM? Or if there is a service provided for students?
Will be passing on my acceptance to another future doc! Best wishes!
Me too. I had a hard time withdrawing from this school. I am not a Christian but felt very much at home in this school during the tour. Very friendly administration and happy student community. I loved this school after visiting them. I had an easy time withdrawing from other schools but this was a close finish.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FarmerMed14
Full Member
Late cycle interview invite! Just received an email from the office of admissions. Complete in September!Must be a region thing. I submitted mine in Late August and just received a confirmation email. I’m from FL
Praise God!
Last edited:
Neuronlova
Full Member
Wondering if anyone knows if Liberty for sure screens MCAT scores? the AACOMAS app says 499 minimum for acceptance, but I am curious if anyone knows of people who have still gotten through, due to a good essay or anything?
randommedstudent24
Full Member
Basically they look at and interview over 500 candidates first, then if they have spots left they’ll move down to below 500. That’s what I was told a few years ago…not sure if that’s changed.Wondering if anyone knows if Liberty for sure screens MCAT scores? the AACOMAS app says 499 minimum for acceptance, but I am curious if anyone knows of people who have still gotten through, due to a good essay or anything?
I forgot I even applied here but got the following email yesterday:
“Hello!
We still have a seat open for Fall of 2023. If you are interested in being interviewed for this seat, please reply to this e-mail and we will connect with you this week!
Thank you!
Dave Freyre”
This, to me, says LUCOM may have exhausted their waitlist. In any case, I found such casual message odd and won’t be taking up their offer. It looks like this was sent to about 40ish people and I have no doubt some would take them up on this offer. Just thought I would share.
“Hello!
We still have a seat open for Fall of 2023. If you are interested in being interviewed for this seat, please reply to this e-mail and we will connect with you this week!
Thank you!
Dave Freyre”
This, to me, says LUCOM may have exhausted their waitlist. In any case, I found such casual message odd and won’t be taking up their offer. It looks like this was sent to about 40ish people and I have no doubt some would take them up on this offer. Just thought I would share.
I got this this morning:
We have a seat open for Fall of 2023. Our records indicate that you previously forfeited your acceptance, however, we understand that plans can change as the matriculation cycle progresses.
If you are interested in this seat, please reply to this e-mail and we will connect with you this week!
Thank you!
Dave Freyre
We have a seat open for Fall of 2023. Our records indicate that you previously forfeited your acceptance, however, we understand that plans can change as the matriculation cycle progresses.
If you are interested in this seat, please reply to this e-mail and we will connect with you this week!
Thank you!
Dave Freyre
Medapplicant22
Full Member
Is this a bit weird that the school is reaching out to applicants who declined a seat? I don’t know of other schools doing this
I remember this happening a few times last cycle... there were a few DO schools and I believe one MD school that made their waitlist too short and had to reach back out to people. But it's not a great lookIs this a bit weird that the school is reaching out to applicants who declined a seat? I don’t know of other schools doing this
Got the same email. This most likely means they will be reaching out to waitlisted people soon, so good luck everyone 🙂
I believe they have already exhausted their waitlist considering they are offering interviews to new people instead of accepting the ones they already WLGot the same email. This most likely means they will be reaching out to waitlisted people soon, so good luck everyone 🙂
Just got a similar email saying they're going to reconsider my application if I send my updated transcripts. But they rejected me post interview wayyyyy back in October. 🤦♀️
Neuronlova
Full Member
Were those of you that were receiving late cycle interview invites under their MCAT requirement?
I would really like to know the answer to this too! do they automatically reject people below the mcat requirementWere those of you that were receiving late cycle interview invites under their MCAT requirement?
D
deleted1166528
Any current students able to share what the typical exam schedule is like weekly?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 574
- Views
- 128K