2021-2022 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Provisionally accepted! Interviewed 12/17!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
My interviewer when, at the end of my interview, I said I hope to be able to attend LUCOM said "the Lord opens and closes doors that he sees fit in his time. I do see your love of science, medicine, and a heart for others and he will use that."

Am I overthinking this or is this basically a dog whistle that I wont be accepted? lol

Last edited:
My interviewer when, at the end of my interview, I said I hope to be able to attend LUCOM said "the Lord opens and closes doors that he sees fit in his time. I do see your love of science, medicine, and a heart for others and he will use that."

Am I overthinking this or is this basically a dog whistle that I wont be accepted? lol
Sounds like a good sign to me?!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I had something similar said to me and I got provisionally accepted.

You're overthinking it...the interviewer doesn't make the final decision, it has to go through the whole committee and the Dean. Don't assume you're out yet!

Has anyone had their provisional acceptance change to a full acceptance recently/this month?

Has anyone had their provisional acceptance change to a full acceptance recently/this month?
I was provisionally accepted on December 8th, still waiting on a full acceptance. There will be a lot of movement in a few months though.

For those who interviewed, I was wondering about how long it took you to hear back after your interview?

For those that got acceptance calls, around what time did they call? (PST/CST/EST)

I have submitted my deposit but have yet to be accepted into the Facebook group, it’s been over a month since I put in my request. Is there someone I can contact about this, does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who’ve gotten IIs, were they sent to your Liberty emails or the emails you used to make your AACOMAS accounts?
They actually sent mine to both my emails. Neither one appeared in the junk email folder.

I have submitted my deposit but have yet to be accepted into the Facebook group, it’s been over a month since I put in my request. Is there someone I can contact about this, does anyone know?
The admin for the Facebook group is Chris Breedlove. You might dm him on Facebook or email him at [email protected]

Does LUCOM prefer communication through our Liberty emails during the application process, or is it okay if I send emails from my personal email that I used to create my AACOMAS account? I sent them an email, post-interview, from my personal email and didn't hear back yet, so I was just curious to know how other folks have been communicating with admissions.

Does anyone know-- if you get rejected, do they email you to your personal email and your LUCOM email, or just the LUCOM email?

Hey guys I interviewed on 12/9 and got a provisional acceptance, and last week I got the full acceptance for a seat this fall. I emailed them twice and conveyed my interest FYI. They give two weeks to submit the deposit so expect the waitlist to move pretty quickly.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys I interviewed on 12/9 and got a provisional acceptance, and last week I got the full acceptance for a seat this fall. I emailed them twice and conveyed my interest FYI. They give two weeks to submit the deposit so expect the waitlist to move pretty quickly.
That's awesome, congrats! Thank you for sharing! I interviewed on 12/10, I hope they reach out to me with a full acceptance as well lol

That's awesome, congrats! Thank you for sharing! I interviewed on 12/10, I hope they reach out to me with a full acceptance as well lol
I was provisionally accepted on 12/08 but haven’t received a full acceptance yet for this year. I'm waiting on one more school before I reach out with a LOI though before I have to pay the 2k deposit.

Reactions: 1 users
So I got a call around 5 PM EST yesterday but haven’t received an official email. I tried calling the office today but I couldn’t reach anyone. Anyone go through something similar?

I got a provisional acceptance today via phone call! I believe they don't typically send emails with provisional acceptances, nor is anything reflected in the myLU ASIST portal. It sounds like all of that changes when you get the full acceptance.

I got a provisional acceptance today via phone call! I believe they don't typically send emails with provisional acceptances, nor is anything reflected in the myLU ASIST portal. It sounds like all of that changes when you get the full acceptance.
Congrats! Yeah, I don’t want to celebrate prematurely so I’ve been trying to get some official confirmation 😂

Congrats! Yeah, I don’t want to celebrate prematurely so I’ve been trying to get some official confirmation 😂
when i got a call, the email was sent to me maybe 1-3 days later

So I got a call around 5 PM EST yesterday but haven’t received an official email. I tried calling the office today but I couldn’t reach anyone. Anyone go through something similar?
They don't call for rejections, call back this week and you'll probably get connected to whomever you need to. Congrats!

An email for the provisional acceptance or a full acceptance?
It was an email for full acceptance, but I don't see why you wouldn't get the email for provisional acceptance either. Did you see a voice message because when they called they also left a voicemessage

I was left a voicemail to call them back. I attempted to call back a few times on Friday but was unable to reach anyone. I sent an email as well. I will try calling again today.

For those accepted, what are the due dates for everything on the checklist besides the deposit ?

Provisionally accepted (officially) 😁

Interviewed on 01/21 and received a provisional acceptance call on 01/27.

FYI, they don’t send out provisional acceptance emails according to the admissions office.

For those accepted, what are the due dates for everything on the checklist besides the deposit ?
If you're talking about things like health forms, proof of insurance, background check, drug testing, immunizations, etc. I believe all that is due sometime in May...at least it has been in the past. However, you can get extensions for almost everything if necessary. For example, I tested non-immune on one of my titers and had to re-do a full series of vaccines, and they extended my deadline for immunizations until October. You just email with your situation.

Where is the link they send for the interview? I scheduled it in january and have it 2/18, have nothing in my liberty email or the email i applied to the school with. When i click “schedule an interview” again it shows me i have an existing interview but i never got an email with a confirmation or any info?

Any rough idea on how long it's taking provisional acceptances to roll over to full acceptances (understanding its all applicant traffic dependent)?

Where is the link they send for the interview? I scheduled it in january and have it 2/18, have nothing in my liberty email or the email i applied to the school with. When i click “schedule an interview” again it shows me i have an existing interview but i never got an email with a confirmation or any info?
They send it a few days before the interview to your email and school email.

Any rough idea on how long it's taking provisional acceptances to roll over to full acceptances (understanding its all applicant traffic dependent)?
I was provisional accepted in early December and I thought it would go by order but some people who was provisionally accepted later than me has gotten the full acceptance before me. However, they may have written letters of intent or interest.

What was the schedule for the interview like ? When does it start and end? I wish they gave an itinerary when you signed up for an interview

cancelled my interview for 2/18 because I got As elsewhere
I hope it goes to one of you future docs, good luck!!!

Deciding to withdraw my A here, hoping it goes to one of you! Can't find where to do so though, if anyone has any info...

Provisionally accepted 02/09, this school has been my top choice for a while now. I have a tour scheduled for tmw, anyone think that it matters what I wear since I am already accepted? Or should I dress professionally just for the tour? Also, anything I can do to show the admissions committee this is my top choice? I have one acceptance elsewhere (paid the deposit) but I really want to go to LUCOM (this cycle, not next). Thanks! :)

Provisionally accepted 02/09, this school has been my top choice for a while now. I have a tour scheduled for tmw, anyone think that it matters what I wear since I am already accepted? Or should I dress professionally just for the tour? Also, anything I can do to show the admissions committee this is my top choice? I have one acceptance elsewhere (paid the deposit) but I really want to go to LUCOM (this cycle, not next). Thanks! :)
I’ve seen everything from jeans and hoodies to nicer business casual. The students will all be dressed business casual because that’s the school dress code, but I don’t think it matters for a tour, so be comfortable but not sloppy.

You’ve already been accepted so I’m not sure what more you can do, lol. I think they went through roughly 80% of the provisional list last year so there’s a good chance you’ll start this fall. Congrats!

• Love
I’ve seen everything from jeans and hoodies to nicer business casual. The students will all be dressed business casual because that’s the school dress code, but I don’t think it matters for a tour, so be comfortable but not sloppy.

You’ve already been accepted so I’m not sure what more you can do, lol. I think they went through roughly 80% of the provisional list last year so there’s a good chance you’ll start this fall. Congrats!
Thank you so much for your reply! This school has been my dream school for so long, being a Christian and everything. Plus close to home, and the campus is beautiful. I really hope I get moved from provisional to full. It’d be a dream come true. Thanks! :)

Congratulations! Let us know how the tour goes!

Congratulations! Let us know how the tour goes!
I finished the tour at 1. The school is so beautiful, I walked around campus and explored for three hours. I love it, even the area is really cool. I hope I get the full acceptance this cycle, I’m so in love with the school.

• Love
Anyone willing to share any tips for interview day? DM me!