2022-2023 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why does this school ask us about how we prepared for the interview? what info does that give admissions committee about us/our app?
no clue it kinda caught me off guard. but i said their school website, sdn, and mock interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was able to schedule an interview online or in person. Does anyone have insight into if one is better than the other? I registered for an online interview because traveling etc would be near a thousand dollars for the interview and I'm worried that it might not be as beneficial.

I was able to schedule an interview online or in person. Does anyone have insight into if one is better than the other? I registered for an online interview because traveling etc would be near a thousand dollars for the interview and I'm worried that it might not be as beneficial.
They do a great job of facilitating it online, I had a good experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted students, how do you rank this school on your DO list? I am extremely grateful to have gotten in, but now I have to decide between lucom and wcucom and i am confusion

Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate at LUCOM? I'll be interviewing here next week and this school is one of my top choices🥺

Hey all, do you think it would be worthwhile to apply late here? Strong mission alignment and stats? Looking to apply to a few more schools Thank you!

After interviewing here today I had an amazing time meeting everyone else and the faculty! Hope to get accepted here and have some of you as friends in the upcoming class! Praying for all of us in the upcoming weeks

Reactions: 2 users
It’s been real quiet for a while here. Any new II/secondary or any other update?

It’s been real quiet for a while here. Any new II/secondary or any other update?
Nope. I‘m almost starting to believe LUCOM already filled their E23 class or something. The last few months had IIs coming out the wazoo and now nothing. It’s odd.

Nope. I‘m almost starting to believe LUCOM already filled their E23 class or something. The last few months had IIs coming out the wazoo and now nothing. It’s odd.
Yes, very odd. I haven’t even received acknowledgment of receipt of my primary application and it’s been a month now. If the 2023 class has been filled, they should update the rest of us so we can move on.

i highly doubt thats the case. during my info session they told us that maybe 23-24 kids had confirmed seats in the program and my sessions was on 10/3 and I have yet to hear back about my decision too. seems like they release decisions last week of the month so im sure there’s still hope. hang in there!

i highly doubt thats the case. during my info session they told us that maybe 23-24 kids had confirmed seats in the program and my sessions was on 10/3 and I have yet to hear back about my decision too. seems like they release decisions last week of the month so im sure there’s still hope. hang in there!
Thanks! This is giving me more hope! I was reading last year’s thread and someone said that the class had already been filled by early December, but I’m hoping there’s still more time or perhaps they’re doing things differently this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Yup, I heard the same thing too when I interviewed on 9/30. They said the admissions committee meets on 10/25 and decisions should come out in the following days!

Reactions: 3 users

When I interviewed (10/13) they told us that after 10/14 there is no more interviews until the new year although I’m unsure on II invites. They also told us that the class was very much not full at the moment, and everyone interviewing was interviewing for a spot not a WL/Rejection etc. I would send them an update letter in November. Judging by last years threads most people should be hearing back next week on the 3rd or 4th (I’ve been praying on it).

Last week was fall break at LUCOM, there were very few staff members on campus.

When I interviewed (10/13) they told us that after 10/14 there is no more interviews until the new year although I’m unsure on II invites. They also told us that the class was very much not full at the moment, and everyone interviewing was interviewing for a spot not a WL/Rejection etc. I would send them an update letter in November. Judging by last years threads most people should be hearing back next week on the 3rd or 4th (I’ve been praying on it).
Ok. Thank you for the info. I don’t have anything to update them on. I guess I’ll move on for now.

post-ii R email this morning…honestly im not surprised. the 4 question interview structure felt pretty random and didnt allow me room to share my story in a way that let me to shine like I was able to in my other interviews. still, grateful for the ii, it seems like a great school otherwise and wish yall the best of luck!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
post-ii R email this morning…honestly im not surprised. the 4 question interview structure felt pretty random and didnt allow me room to share my story in a way that let me to shine like I was able to in my other interviews. still, grateful for the ii, it seems like a great school otherwise and wish yall the best of luck!

I got the same thing and was honestly dumbfounded. I had a solid interview, and even sent hand written thank you cards after. This process is so random though so just gotta keep moving forward.

• Care
I got the same thing too... I was shocked because I thought my interview went super well. Hopefully we will all find a spot somewhere this cycle😢

• Care
Those that received a R email today, when did you interviewed? I interviewed the end of September and haven't heard anything back yet. Hope everyone the best of luck. Thank you.

Did anyone else just get:

"Thank you for your interest in Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM). Your application has been received from the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS). We aim to lead with strategic innovations each year to identify best-fit candidates for our program."

I got this same email in September.

"Thank you for your interest in Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM). Your application has been received from the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS). We aim to lead with strategic innovations each year to identify best-fit candidates for our program."

+1 very weird. Something is not right with our applications. I thought it was Lost and found in September. But now, I feel it is LOST but never FOUND.

Literally same. I already got this email a month ago. It makes me wonder if somehow my application isn’t fully complete (maybe one of my letters doesn’t fit their requirements), and they automatically sent out this email again? But regardless, that made it pretty obvious that they never reviewed our applications back when they said they were going to.

Those that received a R email today, when did you interviewed? I interviewed the end of September and haven't heard anything back yet. Hope everyone the best of luck. Thank you.

Wondering the same, the silence is deafening and I’m starting to worry a bit. I interviewed on 9/30. Wishing everyone the best!

• Care

I would either email or call and ask if your app is incomplete or if this was an error. I stayed in fairly close contact during my app season…the people who handle apps are really nice.

Any updates today? I interviewed 9/29 haven’t heard anything since.

Interviewed 9/30 and got the call today for acceptance! Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

• Love
Has anyone who interviewed in October heard back yet? I interviewed 10/8 and haven't heard anything.

Does anyone know if CASper is required for LUCOM? On the CASper school distribution list LUCOM is not an option. However on the ASIST page on myLU there is a spot for CASper score.

Should have posted much earlier, but accepted on 09/28. MCAT: 501, 3.71, good EC, 63.2 LM.

• Love
Skimmed through and it doesnt look like anyone has made a group me for accepted students yet. PM me if you want the link, looking to start a group!

Edit: Disregard, someone was kind enough to send me the link of one that was already started.

Last edited:
Skimmed through and it doesnt look like anyone has made a group me for accepted students yet. PM me if you want the link, looking to start a group!

Edit: Disregard, someone was kind enough to send me the link of one that was already started.

Could I get the link too please?

Last edited:
Did any of y'all tour the campus? What was it like, and what all did it entail? The only thing I could see online was just to call them lol

For those familiar with Lynchburg area, are there any recommendations for housing? I’m going to tour there next weekend, and would love to check out some places while I’m there!

Also asking for the GroupMe link from anyone who may have it😁

Hello newly-accepted folks, and congrats fellow future doctors! here’s link for the GroupMe:

You're invited to my new group 'LUCOM (potential) Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Does anyone from the October interview batch expect that we will hear anything by tomorrow?

Does anyone from the October interview batch expect that we will hear anything by tomorrow?
Based on previous posts, those who interviewed on 9/30 heard back last Monday, so fingers crossed that those of us who interviewed a week later are hearing back today!

If you do this you may be able to see a decision:

Once you log in to your myLu > select "my access" on the far left> select "all navigation> click "ASIST"> click " General Information" > "Applicant Status"> do you have a decision?

For those who interviewed and never received a call and never saw a decision in your myLu portal. I just got a waitlist email from LUCOM after interviewing on 9/16 and being told we would know our decision by the end of september. So don't assume you've been rejected unless you've been told explicitly through email. Wishing for the best for everyone