2021-2022 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rising 2nd year available to help with any applicant questions.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does liberty university mostly accept instate students... I am a northeast resident (PA) but interested in their program.
No, LUCOM is a private school so they don’t have to adhere to any in-state quotas in their classes. Virginia does have a large representation in each class (probably 40-ish percent), followed by California, and many other states. I’m from nowhere near Virginia, and I know lots of students from Pennsylvania and the surrounding states, and have even met some from Hawaii and Alaska in classes above me. Good luck with your app cycle!

• Love
-How do you like your program so far
-what advice would you give in writing the secondary
1. I really like the program. The faculty & staff are extremely supportive & committed to our success, and they maintain an open door policy for us to come to them with questions. They take our feedback and make active changes when something is unfair, and I think the curriculum lines up nicely with boards.

2. Be yourself! LUCOM really is all about fit…you don’t have to be a Christian or even any religion to get accepted, but being respectful of Christianity is a must. If you are religious in any faith, don’t be afraid to write about how your faith impacts your life. They are also a service-oriented school, so you’ll be expected to participate in service projects. If service to others is a big part of your life, write about it, but above all be honest. They truly want students who will be happy and thrive here.

Good luck in your app cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
Secondary received 6/30 check your spam/promotion folders

1. Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine, as a faith-based institution, exists to develop excellent osteopathic physicians in a Christian environment who will impact the world by becoming leaders in the practice of medicine and servants of their fellow man. In 250-500 words, please describe how your personal faith, beliefs, or values will allow you to contribute to LUCOM's mission to develop patient-centered physicians for the osteopathic medical profession.
2. In under 300 words, how do you hope to impact your community as an osteopathic physician?

1. Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine, as a faith-based institution, exists to develop excellent osteopathic physicians in a Christian environment who will impact the world by becoming leaders in the practice of medicine and servants of their fellow man. In 250-500 words, please describe how your personal faith, beliefs, or values will allow you to contribute to LUCOM's mission to develop patient-centered physicians for the osteopathic medical profession.
2. In under 300 words, how do you hope to impact your community as an osteopathic physician?
I saw there was a question about your parent’s income, did you enter this info in?

I saw there was a question about your parent’s income, did you enter this info in?
I left it blank for now because I mainly just wanted to see the essay prompts but I may fill it out later. Not sure yet.

when did you submit your primary?

Did you guys get any confirmation of the secondary being submitted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they require your MCAT score before inviting you to complete the secondary? My primary was verified 6/21 but I have not yet heard from LUCOM (Spam folders have been checked). My MCAT score will be released 7/20. I know they do screen prior to sending secondary invites, but with 3.79 science and 3.8 overall GPAs I would think I am within their minimum screening requirements.

Any info helps, thanks!

Last edited:
Is anyone waiting for their letters of rec to be marked as received still?

Is anyone waiting for their letters of rec to be marked as received still?
Where are you able to see where they are marked?
When I click on my supp. app link it just says: "We have received your secondary application, which is being reviewed. We will contact you regarding the next steps in the application process."

Where are you able to see where they are marked?
When I click on my supp. app link it just says: "We have received your secondary application, which is being reviewed. We will contact you regarding the next steps in the application process."
When I log into the portal and look at the checklist!

Submitted secondary! Looks like a really nice school, excited :)

Does anyone know if they require your MCAT score before inviting you to complete the secondary? My primary was verified 6/21 but I have not yet heard from LUCOM (Spam folders have been checked). My MCAT score will be released 7/20. I know they do screen prior to sending secondary invites, but with 3.79 science and 3.8 overall GPAs I would think I am within their minimum screening requirements.

Any info helps, thanks!
I never received one either. My MCAT exam is August 13th

I never received one either. My MCAT exam is August 13th
I believe they have minimum MCAT requirements for their pre-screen too. Once you have an MCAT score you can email admissions with an update.

I completed the secondary application on 7/7/21. I have had my letters in since then as well but they are still not marked as complete on the checklist and they are in the AACOMAS application. Am I missing something or am I supposed to assign the letters somewhere in the portal? I'm just super confused because they don't have any information regarding the letters other than they want them.

just got a secondary... did anyone have trouble accessing the portal after creating your account?

just got a secondary... did anyone have trouble accessing the portal after creating your account?
if you go to one of the first secondary emails they sent you, you'll see a button that says "claim your account." in that same email they give you your ID that you need to sign in! i would bookmark that page so you have easy access to it

I completed the secondary application on 7/7/21. I have had my letters in since then as well but they are still not marked as complete on the checklist and they are in the AACOMAS application. Am I missing something or am I supposed to assign the letters somewhere in the portal? I'm just super confused because they don't have any information regarding the letters other than they want them.
I just called them and left a voicemail asking the same thing. if they get back to me I'll def post on here regarding what they said!

where is the checklist located? I am on the myLU page and there is so much going on I have no clue where all of you are seeing this checklist on the portal

Reactions: 1 users
I claimed my account recently and my personal email autofilled the "outlook sign in" and then wouldn't allow me to access the portal. I then copied the link into a separate browser that didn't have that particular log in info saved for autofill and was able to sign in as the email directed. Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.

Reactions: 1 users
I was reading past forums and saw that applicants who had a misdemeanor were not receiving a secondary. I was given a misdemeanor for a minor in possession nearly a decade ago. Does anyone know if they are lenient with criminal charges or is everyone who checks that box weeded out?

Last edited:
I was reading past forums and saw that applicants who had a misdemeanor were not receiving a secondary. I was given a misdemeanor for a minor in possession nearly a decade ago. Does anyone one if they are lenient with criminal charges or is everyone who checks that box weeded out?
I am unsure if the school is lenient in general, could try to call and see how they approach those situations. I found this video on youtube, , in the comment section there is some discussion on success stories with previous criminal/arrest situations on your app (could be helpful for how to discuss your situation upon interview invites). I also have not watched the video just thought perhaps it would apply here. Either way, best of luck to you!

I am unsure if the school is lenient in general, could try to call and see how they approach those situations. I found this video on youtube, , in the comment section there is some discussion on success stories with previous criminal/arrest situations on your app (could be helpful for how to discuss your situation upon interview invites). I also have not watched the video just thought perhaps it would apply here. Either way, best of luck to you!

I really appreciate the help. Thank you!

II this morning! OOS
Congrats on all of your IIs, looking forward to seeing all of you for interviews! Are they in person this year?

Just FYI, IS vs OOS has no bearing on LUCOM. It’s a private school, so they have no IS quotas to meet in their class. Most of their classes are probably 50/50 IS vs OOS, with California, Texas, & FL being the largest OOS represented.

Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
I applied last year and got accepted into 2 DO schools but deferred to reapply this year. I have a 3.8 cGPA and 3.78 sGPA with a 500 MCAT do I stand a chance of an interview? Who should I reach out to?

I applied last year and got accepted into 2 DO schools but deferred to reapply this year. I have a 3.8 cGPA and 3.78 sGPA with a 500 MCAT do I stand a chance of an interview? Who should I reach out to?
You could write out your application information in the WAMC portion of the forums. They'll probably be able to give you a better idea than hidden under LUCOM's thread.

Your MCAT is on the lower side but with the rest of your stats, you should have good chances of getting accepted again. Why did you defer?

I would follow asuto's advice and make a thread on WAMC as well.

congrats to everyone who got interviews today! for those who did, were your LOR's shown as complete on the portal before receiving it?