2022-2023 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if Lucom allows live steaming of lectures (some lectures) like most schools do?

At the info session the med students said lectures were recorded

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Dang, I didn’t even receive a “secondary”/complete email, and this was one of my top choice schools. Does anyone know if they just give silent rejections, or if there’s a chance something is possibly missing in my AACOMAS application?

Anyone know if Lucom allows live steaming of lectures (some lectures) like most schools do?
Lectures are recorded and released shortly after each lecture ends (typically within the hour unless the system malfunctions)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If interviews occur for roughly 2 hrs on interview day and our individual interviews are only 30min long, what do applicants do for the rest of the 1.5hrs after completing their interview?

If interviews occur for roughly 2 hrs on interview day and our individual interviews are only 30min long, what do applicants do for the rest of the 1.5hrs after completing their interview?

The interview day consisted a welcome session, then waiting for the actual interview time, then a financial aid info session, and a Q&A with current med students

The interview day consisted a welcome session, then waiting for the actual interview time, then a financial aid info session, and a Q&A with current med students
So what happens if you completed the interview and your waiting for the other interviewees to finish for the rest of the time?

So what happens if you completed the interview and your waiting for the other interviewees to finish for the rest of the time?

You get separate links in the itinerary email for everything (through Microsoft Teams) so if you finished you’re interview and are waiting, you can basically do whatever till the next session. You can food etc.

Just wanted to share here, I am interviewing at LUCOM on Friday and when I went to check my liberty.edu account for a confirmation email and interview instructions, I noticed that the email had also been sent to an old email address I have not accessed since probably 2014.

My suspicion is that I previously signed up for promotional emails from Liberty when looking at college options back in high school, but I thought this was super random since this is not the email address I have in my AACOMAS app. LOL.

all good though:) excited to interview at a Christian school!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got my first email from LUCOM. I submitted my application in May and I just got an email that they received it. Kind of odd….

Same. Have they started looking at Floridians now?

Last edited:
Just got my first email from LUCOM. I submitted my application in May and I just got an email that they received it. Kind of odd….

me too!! wonder if this means we might get a secondary lol

me too!! wonder if this means we might get a secondary lol
There is no secondary here. Their email states, "We have decreased the complexity of our admissions process by including the secondary application within the primary application you just submitted; applicants need only complete one application to be considered for our program. "

Members don't see this ad :)
Must be a region thing. I submitted mine in Late August and just received a confirmation email. I’m from FL

Anyone else bothered that LUCOM requires a decision and deposit 30 days after an offer when AACOMAS says offers before November 15 have until December 14? I would really love the extra time to weigh any other potential offers.
i have an interview for one of my top schools that I like more 9/29...literally so frustrated

Must be a region thing. I submitted mine in Late August and just received a confirmation email. I’m from FL

You’re right because everyone who received a confirmation today is from FL. That’s not very fair though considering they’ve sent out acceptances already and we haven’t even been looked at lol

You’re right because everyone who received a confirmation today is from FL. That’s not very fair though considering they’ve sent out acceptances already and we haven’t even been looked at lol
Yeah it certainly is a bit frustrating. It is what it is, I’ll take whatever I can get

I received the confirmation just this morning too. I’m not anywhere near FL, but I also find it odd that they took this long. My AACOMAS was complete early July.

hey guys, so I submitted my application to LUCOM like almost 2 months ago and I finally got an email that it's been received. It was just basic info saying how no one gets interviews unless your LOR's are in. How long did it take you guys to receive this email after submitting the primary and how much longer before any further communication on their end?

Dang, I didn’t even receive a “secondary”/complete email, and this was one of my top choice schools. Does anyone know if they just give silent rejections, or if there’s a chance something is possibly missing in my AACOMAS application?
well I submitted 2 months ago and finally got an email from them that my app was received lolll

I received the confirmation just this morning too. I’m not anywhere near FL, but I also find it odd that they took this long. My AACOMAS was complete early July.
same!! I was so confused as to what happened with this school, and I kinda thought it was crazy considering interviews and acceptances have been sent out and even though I submitted really early in the cycle, they just got to my file?

well I submitted 2 months ago and finally got an email from them that my app was received lolll
yeah, sounds pretty similar to me. I submitted around 2 months ago and just this morning I got the email saying they’ve received my primary and it’s going under review. It’s odd, there are some people on this thread who submitted after us but got an II way before us. Congrats to them though, and it’s good to hear that we weren’t entirely skipped.

yeah, sounds pretty similar to me. I submitted around 2 months ago and just this morning I got the email saying they’ve received my primary and it’s going under review. It’s odd, there are some people on this thread who submitted after us but got an II way before us. Congrats to them though, and it’s good to hear that we weren’t entirely skipped.
Yeah at least they got back to us, it was really weird I thought I got ghosted

i have an interview for one of my top schools that I like more 9/29...literally so frustrated
Ugh! So frustrating! I kind of feel like they're taking advantage of us by doing interviews and offers earlier than others and then giving less time for a decision. They know we all want a seat somewhere and if a more preferred offer comes along many will just walk away from the deposit and they get to pocket the money. 🙄 Best of luck with your interview though!

Does LUCOM have a secondary? My application was received today but there was no mention of a secondary.

Anyone else bothered that LUCOM requires a decision and deposit 30 days after an offer when AACOMAS says offers before November 15 have until December 14? I would really love the extra time to weigh any other potential offers.
Me too- I have an interview with Lincoln Memorial next Friday and if both were to accept me (which would be incredible), it would be a short window to make a choice.

Did anyone get a call from a current LUCOM med student? I got a voicemail from a second year congratulating me on my admission, but I never gave out my number to anyone? Is there a mentor program or something?

Did anyone get a call from a current LUCOM med student? I got a voicemail from a second year congratulating me on my admission, but I never gave out my number to anyone? Is there a mentor program or something?
I got a call from one too, I believe admissions is having them reach out to us to see if we have any questions.

There’s an ambassador program. If you had done an in-person interview they would have given the tour, answered questions, etc.

[mention]Dame_Maggie [/mention] I have to say I love seeing your profile pic in the feed I love downton

does anyone know the general percentage of acceptance after interview?

Yes, I spoke with a student and they were very informative!

When more people get accepted, feel free to DM me your phone number/email so I can add you to GroupMe!

Reactions: 3 users
I have discovered a better way to add people. If you are accepted, use this link! Link

If you don't mind me asking what questions did they ask you during your interview?
Hey there! I don’t wanna share exact questions, but I will say it was very conversational in nature and based off my personality and past experiences from my app! It is not a drill session and they aren’t trying to trick you. Good luck! 😊

Is there any reference to religion in the interviews here? Any pointers on that angle? I am interviewing next week.

Is there any reference to religion in the interviews here? Any pointers on that angle? I am interviewing next week.
They are not going to hound you on it in any way and it won't be a major point of your interview. You will likely be asked if you would be comfortable learning in a Christian environment and will respect people of all beliefs or something like that. But you won't be tested deeply over your personal beliefs or anything. :)

They are not going to hound you on it in any way and it won't be a major point of your interview. You will likely be asked if you would be comfortable learning in a Christian environment and will respect people of all beliefs or something like that. But you won't be tested deeply over your personal beliefs or anything. :)
Thanks a lot!!

I added LUCOM to my already verified primary app couple days ago. Anyone know if it’s too late in the process? Any idea how long it will take to receive acknowledgment of receipt of my application? I’m a Canadian applicant.

I added LUCOM to my already verified primary app couple days ago. Anyone know if it’s too late in the process? Any idea how long it will take to receive acknowledgment of receipt of my application? I’m a Canadian applicant.
Definitely not too late in the process. I can’t answer your question on how long it will take to get confirmation of receiving your application.

I got rejected but felt my interview was super dry. The interviewer asked 0 questions from my app and only asked 4 questions 1 of them being how did i prepare for the interview...(first question btw) the other 3 weren't even big questions like why us or why do or anything

Last edited:
  • Care
Does anyone have any insight into post-|| stats? How many people are interviewed in previous cycles etc, and the matriculation stats?

why does this school ask us about how we prepared for the interview? what info does that give admissions committee about us/our app?