**Official 2021 Ortho PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone, slightly off topic question but figured you would all know the best. Are residencies able to see all scores from previous GRE attempts if it's taken more than once?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, slightly off topic question but figured you would all know the best. Are residencies able to see all scores from previous GRE attempts if it's taken more than once?

You can use the ScoreSelect option to send them the score you want. Some schools ask for the unofficial score report on PASS and if that happens, the report will show all score attempts.

Anyone received an interview invite from Georgia?

Does anyone know when Rochester might send out acceptances?? The lst interview was on the 23rd.

Does anyone know when Rochester might send out acceptances?? The lst interview was on the 23rd.
Last year they didn’t come out till second week of november and they had their interview invites sent out earlier. So Im assuming it won’t be till at least then !

Acceptance letters are anticipated to be sent sometime during the second week of November.

Members don't see this ad :)
JU does indeed send out the acceptance offers through portal. I got one!

Which portal? I thought it was phone calls
They sent out emails telling to check the school portal. When you apply there, there is a portal for you to check your application status and where to submit your supplemental.

Reactions: 1 user
What do you guys think about Georgia School of Orthodontics? Is it worth going there?

In my opinion, no. They just increased their resident capacity to 36 per class. That’s an absurd amount. The 18 residents they had per class before was already pushing it. I know Atlanta isn’t a small city but is there enough of a patient base to sustain more than 50 residents at the program? I doubt it.

If you are rich/have rich parents and want to be an orthodontist really badly, then sure go for it but it just seems like a big ripoff to me. It’s 100k a year for 3 years!

Add on dental school debt and you’re looking at 600-700k of debt in a competitive job market and you likely won’t have the same breadth of experience as others at more competitive/established programs.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
In my opinion, no. They just increased their resident capacity to 36 per class. That’s an absurd amount. The 18 residents they had per class before was already pushing it. I know Atlanta isn’t a small city but is there enough of a patient base to sustain more than 50 residents at the program? I doubt it.

If you are rich/have rich parents and want to be an orthodontist really badly, then sure go for it but it just seems like a big ripoff to me. It’s 100k a year for 3 years!

Add on dental school debt and you’re looking at 600-700k of debt in a competitive job market and you likely won’t have the same breadth of experience as others at more competitive/established programs.

Other schools like Harvard and NYU end up coming out to the same amount per year (about 100k) for 3 years. Would you say these programs are "more worth it" than the Georgia program? This is a genuine question as these are schools I am planning on ranking

Other schools like Harvard and NYU end up coming out to the same amount per year (about 100k) for 3 years. Would you say these programs are "more worth it" than the Georgia program? This is a genuine question as these are schools I am planning on ranking

I personally wouldn’t go to those two programs mostly because I don’t want to go into that much debt for residency, but I would say both of those programs are much more worthwhile than GSO in terms of the returns you get for your money.

NYU has a huge (and diverse) patient base and only 24 total residents. I don’t know the number of case starts each resident gets there but my guess is 60-70 if not more.

I know even less about Harvard than NYU (my assumption is Harvard is a research focused program but I could be wrong), but again, it is a well established program in a large population center with only 4-5 residents per class.

I would 100% take either of these two schools over GSO. GSO was created 4 years ago and they’ve only had 2 graduating classes so far.

Anyone know how the 2 yr programs stack up against each other? Specifically Iowa, UDM, Marquette, and Minnesota?

After reading the rules for match, it seems like we can tell schools we are ranking them. Does anyone know if this is common to do or if there is any advantage in doing so? Thanks

Besides the downside of cost, what do you guys think of Roseman? Does anyone know how many case starts each resident gets?

Did any of you guys send a "thank you" email to the program director/coordinator after an interview?

Did any of you guys send a "thank you" email to the program director/coordinator after an interview?
Doesn't hurt, but I doubt it will make a difference to their rankings.

any news from ucla (international positions ; non match) ?

Does anyone know around what time match results usually come out ? We’re approaching the day!! Eeee

Hey everyone, does anyone have any idea which programs usually have open spots for post match? Besides Georgia program?

I don’t think post match spots are very common in ortho. But this year might be different if the pool of people who got interviews this year is overall smaller

Do any of you guys know a resident in Georgia School? I wanna know more about their program

Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it is my first time using the national match system. I submitted the certified list of rankings on the national match service website. Is there anything else we need to do, or is it just to submit that certified list of the programs we interviewed at?

Hey, has anyone heard much about the program at JU and if it worth it?

Undecided as they ask you to withdraw from the match

Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it is my first time using the national match system. I submitted the certified list of rankings on the national match service website. Is there anything else we need to do, or is it just to submit that certified list of the programs we interviewed at?
As far as I know that’s all what you have to do for now, maybe you can get your application file ready as well if you want to consider post match in case not matched

As far as I know that’s all what you have to do for now, maybe you can get your application file ready as well if you want to consider post match in case not matched
Hi

What do you mean by application file? do you mean the application materials?
-----
It's also my first time using match. So do you guys have any idea if it's okay to rank schools that I wasn't interviewed at? I'm thinking I might get there if there were post-match positions

Also, are there any fees additional to the fees I paid first when I registered at match?

Hi

What do you mean by application file? do you mean the application materials?
-----
It's also my first time using match. So do you guys have any idea if it's okay to rank schools that I wasn't interviewed at? I'm thinking I might get there if there were post-match positions

Also, are there any fees additional to the fees I paid first when I registered at match?

Yes your application material so just in case you don’t match you have it ready fo forward it to the post match programs

And no you don’t rank the schools that you don’t interview at, because they won’t rank you so you won’t get matched with them

And regarding the fees, sorry I don’t know either.