**Official 2021 Ortho PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

Started by ssm38
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed asking about start date for Fellows. They said most likely the week after July 4. I haven’t heard since and no official schedule. Excited to meet everyone 😄
Hey are you joining the fellowship program this year?
I will be beginning the fellowship program as well
Can we connect thru phone?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I'm graduating from a Canadian DS this year and I'm applying to ortho in Canada and the US this cycle. I have taken the NDEB (Canadian board) and the INBDE, and I will take the GRE later in April. I will start working in private clinic after I get my diploma. For recommendation letters, I have one ortho who has agreed to provide a letter, with the other letters coming from demos in other disciplines. I have 4 publications, 2 of which I am the first author (none of which is ortho-related). I have very little community involvement outside of required internships. However, my biggest weakness is my class rank, where I place near the middle of the class (my grades were mainly brought down by clinicals, where depending on the discipline teachers tend to the average grade unless you are personally close to them).

How much of a shot would you guys say I have? Should I take the ADAT to try to boost my profile (granted it's pretty late in the year to start preparing for it)? How/where should I apply to maximize my chances? Thanks for any advice and feedback.
I would not recommend taking the ADAT, it is not worth the time, money, and effort and I doubt many ortho programs even care about it (unless you score exceptionally well).

Your class rank will definitely hurt your competitiveness, but overall I think you have a decent chance given your stellar research background. Best of luck!
 
When applying to ortho residencies, does one have to submit undergraduate transcripts + dental school transcripts, or just dent school transcripts? Thanks for your help!
 
Depending on programs but based on what I have heard from some program directors, earlier you submit it the better it is 🙂
I know there are programs that dont look at applications till they pass the deadline. I would submit my application as soon as possible though 🙂
Do you know if boston university wait till the deadline passes to check the applications ?