**Official 2021 Pedo PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For Nicklaus, can we send them a PDF of our DAT scores? Or do we need to submit a copy of our official ones from the ADEA site? I know this question has already somewhat been addressed, but Nicklaus seems picky. Lol

wondering the same for any of the programs, sending a screen shot seems like it wouldn't be 'official' enough!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that this year, the personal statement can be personalized for each program (there's an upload tab for the personal statement for each program you apply to) that way if a person is applying to more than one specialty they can change the personal statement.

Reactions: 1 users
What documents won’t upload? I didn’t have any issues, but I converted all my documents to PDFs before I uploaded them.

As far as transcripts, I’m not sure. Mine have already been submitted but I graduated in 2004 so my grades were already done, lol.
I finally got the documents to load, had to switch to my friend's mac. my laptop is very old. My dental school isn't posting the school rec letter until our grades are posted to the bursar which probably won't be until mid July (hopefully). Wow congrats on graduating in 2004! all the peds programs will like that, good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have any school cashed anyone's check yet? I sent some checks 2 weeks ago and still have seen them cashed.

For Yale and other schools that want a 2x2 photo sent via pass but there is no link under the document tab, how are you submitting the photos?

For Nicklaus, can we send them a PDF of our DAT scores? Or do we need to submit a copy of our official ones from the ADEA site? I know this question has already somewhat been addressed, but Nicklaus seems picky. Lol
Hey so I reached out to the coordinator and she said they have to come from ADEA website. There is a place when ordering the score report to have them to be sent directly to her email:
[email protected]

Last edited:
For Yale and other schools that want a 2x2 photo sent via pass but there is no link under the document tab, how are you submitting the photos?
I believe on the PASS site for Yale it says they want the 2x2 photo attached to your CV in the upper right hand corner. I also reached out to the residency coordinator to ensure this was all they need or if they also needed separate photos, but haven’t heard back yet.

Reactions: 1 users
What is everyone using to determine what supplemental info each school requires is? There are 3 resources I have found so far and occasionally there will be differing/ additional items on one that are not on the other.

3 resources
- AAPD | Residency Programs
- The description in the PASS application for each school selected
- CASSchoolPages

Thanks a bunch!

What is everyone using to determine what supplemental info each school requires is? There are 3 resources I have found so far and occasionally there will be differing/ additional items on one that are not on the other.

3 resources
- AAPD | Residency Programs
- The description in the PASS application for each school selected
- CASSchoolPages

Thanks a bunch!
Yup I have been using these 3, sometimes they can be conflicted with their own information so I emailed the listed person

I downloaded mine from the website and sent it by email and they were fine with it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they give out interviews after the deadline?
Based on last year’s Pedo thread, interview invites started to roll out end at the end of August all the way into October. It probably depends if the program only does one round of interviews or if they have a rolling interview process. I’m not aware of any programs of giving out interview dates before their deadlines, but hey I could be wrong.

I see! I meant all the peds programs, just wondering, since most of their deadline was in October, was wondering if they send out interviews earlier.

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and say hi! Good luck to everyone applying :)!

Hey guys! Just wanted to pop in and see what has driven you all to pursue pediatric dentistry? Furthermore, what are you all hoping to get out of a pediatric dentistry residency? Feel free to list your experience level and location, too! My answer is below!

I am a 4th year student at Indiana University School of Dentistry. For me, personally my appointments with children have been by far my favorite part of dental school. Children are so curious, yet so fragile, and I love the challenge of befriending them and doing my best to provide them with a positive outlook on dentistry as a whole. I am hoping to get a great amount of experience in managing patients with special needs during my residency. I would also love the opportunity to work closely with OMFS and Ortho in managing patients with craniofacial anomalies.

Hope you are all safe all well during these crazy times!

Is anyone familiar with the NYU langone programs? Are they worth applying to?

Anyone applying to Boston Children's hear about how we are supposed to send in our 2x2/CV/DAT score? I emailed them awhile ago asking if it was okay to send digital (and attached them to that email). Did anyone hear from Cassandra (point of contact) to the contrary or physically mail them themselves and get confirmation that the documentation was received? Thank you :)

Anyone applying to Boston Children's hear about how we are supposed to send in our 2x2/CV/DAT score? I emailed them awhile ago asking if it was okay to send digital (and attached them to that email). Did anyone hear from Cassandra (point of contact) to the contrary or physically mail them themselves and get confirmation that the documentation was received? Thank you :)

You can email your scores directly to her at [email protected]. I personally just attached a printout of my DAT scores with the 2x2 and CV.

You can email your scores directly to her at [email protected]. I personally just attached a printout of my DAT scores with the 2x2 and CV.

Okay sounds good! Did you hear from her specifically telling you because I already did that. Guess I'll just wait for the confirmation. Just hadn't heard back because a couple of weeks ago I asked if she wanted official scores or not because they are no longer sent via snail mail.

Okay sounds good! Did you hear from her specifically telling you because I already did that. Guess I'll just wait for the confirmation. Just hadn't heard back because a couple of weeks ago I asked if she wanted official scores or not because they are no longer sent via snail mail.

I haven't heard confirmation that they received everything either, but she said we can mail/email the scores to her, that's it.

Certain programs are requesting a 2x2 photo uploaded to the PASS application, but I am not seeing a spot to upload photos. Am I missing something?

Certain programs are requesting a 2x2 photo uploaded to the PASS application, but I am not seeing a spot to upload photos. Am I missing something?
You always have to do some digging unfortunately. Some programs have where to email the photo listed. If not, Email the program contact with your 2x2 photo. Most likely they will just accept it or give you the proper email to send it.

You always have to do some digging unfortunately. Some programs have where to email the photo listed. If not, Email the program contact with your 2x2 photo. Most likely they will just accept it or give you the proper email to send it.
Thank you!

Hi guys! I have made this post in an older thread but I still have not gotten a response and I was wondering if this thread would be able to help me haha.
I am currently an undergrad student and have been interested in dentistry since grade school but unfortunately I don't know a lot of contacts and things such as that. I am interested in pediatric dentistry as that has always been something I can see myself doing especially working with special needs children. Anyways this might sound completely random and unrelated but I never really understood the concept of residency. Like for Pediatric dental residency when you are in your trauma rotation or what have you are you doing surgeries alone? Are you participating in the surgery with other residents that are on call? Are you more on the sideline observing and instead handling the pre-op/post-op? I believe that residents are also on call so does that mean they will be the ones taking the surgery in that specific instance but not under regular conditions? Can a resident shed any light on this. Thanks in advance I appreciate you taking the time out to answer!

I would ask this as a separate thread of its own on the Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists forum, as this thread is in regards to pediatric dental resident hopefuls so most of us don't really know the answer to this yet. Good luck!!

Also, some say to attach the 2x2 to the CV...but obviously it would look weird if we uploaded our CV to all programs with a 2x2 if most of them didn't ask for this. Just so confusing!

Hi! For anyone who applied to Yale- I am having a hard time figuring out where to upload my official undergraduate transcript- did you upload a pdf copy under CV/resume or have your college send them directly to PASS to be uploaded?

Also, some say to attach the 2x2 to the CV...but obviously it would look weird if we uploaded our CV to all programs with a 2x2 if most of them didn't ask for this. Just so confusing!
Then how to submit it when programs are requesting the photo to be submitted via pass?

Hi! For anyone who applied to Yale- I am having a hard time figuring out where to upload my official undergraduate transcript- did you upload a pdf copy under CV/resume or have your college send them directly to PASS to be uploaded?

I spoke to ADEA PASS and they said they don't take official undergrad transcripts.. also Yale said they don't accept anything sent directly to them *facepalm* so the best you can do is send an official undergrad transcript to yourself and upload it on the section that says "unofficial transcript" I guess

A more official way of sending transcripts is to do it through ece or Wes. You can send your undergrad transcripts for evaluation (Ece or Wes) and then request them to be uploaded to Adea pass.

I spoke to ADEA PASS and they said they don't take official undergrad transcripts.. also Yale said they don't accept anything sent directly to them *facepalm* so the best you can do is send an official undergrad transcript to yourself and upload it on the section that says "unofficial transcript" I guess
My undergrad transcript posted onto pass. Now I’m very confused.
Because like you said Yale wants every via pass so I guess all schools are going to receive a photo.

I tried to do as you suggested; but ADEA PASS didn't let me upload official transcript under "unofficial transcript" section. So, I went to my undergraduate university website and got unofficial transcript..then uploaded unofficial transcript under "unofficial transcript" section and it went through. I hope it helps because PASS doesn't let me download official under unofficial transcript section for me.

how many schools is everyone applying to? what do you think is a safe amount?

Is anyone planning to enroll in PSLF while in Pedo school? (at 501c3 hospitals?)

Hi everyone! I wanted to ask how to enter the evaluator's name, and if it makes sense to add suffix behind their last name?
example---- Last Name: Johnson DDS
Or to omit the suffix?

IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED:
hey everyone:
is it still time to apply for peds programs now or is it already too late? I heard that some programs extended their deadline because of COVID.
Any feedback is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED:
hey everyone:
is it still time to apply for peds programs now or is it already too late? I heard that some programs extended their deadline because of COVID.
Any feedback is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Most programs have their deadlines in Sept and Oct - I would apply!

I tried to do as you suggested; but ADEA PASS didn't let me upload official transcript under "unofficial transcript" section. So, I went to my undergraduate university website and got unofficial transcript..then uploaded unofficial transcript under "unofficial transcript" section and it went through. I hope it helps because PASS doesn't let me download official under unofficial transcript section for me.

I had to call pass and they gave me a separate option for official undergrad

Hi guys! Very excited for this upcoming cycle and a career in this specialty as a whole! Not sure if this was previously addressed here, but is there anywhere to upload the dental school diploma through Pass?

For those that have submitted already, have you heard from schools receiving your application or cashing checks? Or do you know if schools just email receipt after their deadline?

Half have roughly emailed me over the past month and only one school of three have cashed the checks I sent, so just a little concerned is all

For those that have submitted already, have you heard from schools receiving your application or cashing checks? Or do you know if schools just email receipt after their deadline?

Half have roughly emailed me over the past month and only one school of three have cashed the checks I sent, so just a little concerned is all
Not all schools have sent completion email, I am still waiting on updates

Hey here's the address:
Please send supplemental fee to:
Pediatric Dental Associate
Attn: Colleen Montgomery
TUH- Pediatric Dental Residency Program
2301 E. Allegheny Ave, Suite 201
Philadelphia, PA 19134

Hi, do you happen to know if they take a personal check, Cashiers check, or money order?

Hi!

Where do you put volunteers at, on your CV? (Like homeless shelter, church activities)
Or do you also put this in the extracurricular activities on your experience section?