**Official 2022 Peds PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question for anyone applying to Brookdale and Interfaith: so there's just one PASS app for both correct? Also, on the AAPD site, Brookdale lists a supplemental fee and to submit 2 2x2 photos in the mail, but Interfaith doesn't. So, do I just submit the one fee for both?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who are applying to University of FL , how do you get your Nbde score to upload ? It asked in the supplemental to upload personal.statement and nbde result , I have already requested my scores to be submitted directly to adea pass but I dont think I can specifically apply to the Fl if that section is not fully completed?🤔

Weird question... But, is anybody avoiding any peds programs based on their own experience or second hand stories?

Please feel free to private message me if you don't want to post on the board. I just want to make sure I don't have any programs on my list that have big issues that they hide well, haha!

Nothing specific, but I'm staying away from programs with only 2 or so residents a year. If they have on-call, you're basically on-call every few days. I want to get into residency, but I also don't want to take on that burden. I'm also avoiding any program that is exorbitantly expensive.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing specific, but I'm staying away from programs with only 2 or so residents a year. If they have on-call, you're basically on-call every few days. I want to get into residency, but I also don't want to take on that burden. I'm also avoiding any program that is exorbitantly expensive.

For sure, same here. I just got out of $150k+ educational debt and my health cannot take looking at tens of thousands owed again.

Never thought of the 2 residents thing but that makes a ton of sense. You still have to live outside of residency.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you who are applying to University of FL , how do you get your Nbde score to upload ? It asked in the supplemental to upload personal.statement and nbde result , I have already requested my scores to be submitted directly to adea pass but I dont think I can specifically apply to the Fl if that section is not fully completed?

Am not applying there, but does their application section have a separate section to submit the scores as a pdf file?

Am not applying there, but does their application section have a separate section to submit the scores as a pdf file?
It does.. my question is how do you guys get a copy of your score ? I don't have a copy of mine and couldn't find a way to have ada send it to me ..I just requested one to be sent directly to adea pass which they have

It does.. my question is how do you guys get a copy of your score ? I don't have a copy of mine and couldn't find a way to have ada send it to me ..I just requested one to be sent directly to adea pass which they have
Hey @jessicasky12! So I applied there as well. All I did is I went to the ADEA website where you can see if you passed or not. I took a screen shot of the passing score and uploaded that. I got an email from them saying my application is complete. So I think that worked.

Hey everyone,

Is it a good idea to put a day virtual externships on the CV?

If yes, where to put them?
TIA

do you know what the website is to apply for these residency programs? i'm new to this

and i heard really bad things about tufts...
i would caution this judgment. i believe tufts has had an especially difficult time managing covid as a dental school. it a tough call to say whether this is a reflection of their peds program itself or just the setbacks put on them by the higher ups. the hospital based programs didn't experience the same setbacks because being within a hospital system they had access to more resources and direct support. in the end it was a mess for all programs, but the hospital programs have bounced back faster than the rest. some may still be returning to their normal pre-covid activities and CODA #s. all im saying is dont be quick to judge a program from the reputation of how the school handled covid, the playing field will level eventually. you should invest in programs that you find fit your professional goals and your lifestyle (location,stipend,etc).

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, sorry if this question was asked before but where do we send the supplemental check for temple? I wish they would make it electronic!!

Hey guys, sorry if this question was asked before but where do we send the supplemental check for temple? I wish they would make it electronic!!

Please send all supplemental materials to:

Pediatric Dental Associates

Attn: Colleen Montgomery

TUH- Pediatric Dental Residency Program

2301 E. Allegheny Ave, Suite 201

Philadelphia, PA 19134

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys,
For Jacobi, where do we send the check? And is there a person to address it to?Also are personal checks accepted?

Last edited:
Hello guys,
For Jacobi, where do we send the check? And is there a person to address it to?Also are personal checks accepted?

Please provide:

1) Digital Photograph in JPEG or TIFF format via email to [email protected]
2) If you are currently attending or have attended any residency programs, a Certificate of completion/Letter of good standing for the additional training if applicable. i.e.: GPR, AEGD, etc.
3) Application processing fee in the amount of $50 payable to "NYMA Dental Research & Education Fund".

All supplemental documents should be submitted to:

Ms. Theresa Ortigoza
Residency Coordinator
Pediatric Dentistry Residency Program
Jacobi Medical Center
1400 Pelham Parkway South
Building #1, Room 3NE1
Bronx, New York 10461

Digital documents should be emailed to: [email protected]

Please provide:

1) Digital Photograph in JPEG or TIFF format via email to [email protected]
2) If you are currently attending or have attended any residency programs, a Certificate of completion/Letter of good standing for the additional training if applicable. i.e.: GPR, AEGD, etc.
3) Application processing fee in the amount of $50 payable to "NYMA Dental Research & Education Fund".

All supplemental documents should be submitted to:

Ms. Theresa Ortigoza
Residency Coordinator
Pediatric Dentistry Residency Program
Jacobi Medical Center
1400 Pelham Parkway South
Building #1, Room 3NE1
Bronx, New York 10461

Digital documents should be emailed to: [email protected]
Thank you so much!

Out of concern, is it okay to submit a personal statement that includes 5,500 characters?

Out of concern, is it okay to submit a personal statement that includes 5,500 characters?

Up to you I guess. The PASS FAQ section still says the limit is 5,200... But, since they are letting you upload a PDF now, it might not make a difference.

Unfortunately there is no 'right' answer to this.

Last year, the first interview invitation was sent around mid Sept. Most interviews are between October- December.
You can look at past yearly threads and see when they come out. Usually it’s late August/early September, but last year (and perhaps this year) were odd due to covid.

Honestly, I wouldn’t, if it were me. I’m a fan of brevity. Save the important parts, hack out the rest. Don’t let length dilute a strong message.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else getting a weird error saying that the deadline for NYU Phoenix AZ has passed? All the info says their deadline is 10/01/21. Also, if you remove the program from your app, you can not add it back in, as it doesn't show up on the search results.

Hello folks.

Did anyone upload the diploma certificate to ADEA PASS?

If yes, please guide me where to upload.
Thanks.

Anyone else getting a weird error saying that the deadline for NYU Phoenix AZ has passed? All the info says their deadline is 10/01/21. Also, if you remove the program from your app, you can not add it back in, as it doesn't show up on the search results.

I am not applying here but I did look it up on mine. Couldn't find it. You should call the PASS contact phone number on their site, I am sure it's just a bug.

I am not applying here but I did look it up on mine. Couldn't find it. You should call the PASS contact phone number on their site, I am sure it's just a bug.
It could be because that program is participating exclusively in post-match. A few of the programs did that last cycle. But yes, you could call to verify.

Hello Guys.

Did anyone apply to the University of Rochester?

They asked me to re-upload my CV attached with my diploma certificate on the revised CV.

My concern is if I do so, other universities may think I am not following the instructions.

Would you please share your ideas or experiences?

Hello Guys.

Did anyone apply to the University of Rochester?

They asked me to re-upload my CV attached with my diploma certificate on the revised CV.

My concern is if I do so, other universities may think I am not following the instructions.

Would you please share your ideas or experiences?

Email them. I received an application complete email and was not asked to do this. Maybe you could email them a CV with your diploma attached?

Email them. I received an application complete email and was not asked to do this. Maybe you could email them a CV with your diploma attached?
Thank you Thesmilefactory.

Curious, How did you Submit your diploma?

I will reattach and send my application again.

Just took the ADAT today not feeling confident :(
I’m worried it will affect me this cycle

Just took the ADAT today not feeling confident :(
I’m worried it will affect me this cycle

Do scores come out immediately or are you just having that feeling that I get after every test I take?

Also, if you get your scores and they are not ideal then I would just take UT-Huston, U Kentucky, U Nebraska, U Puerto Rico, and Tufts off the application (the only schools that require it according to the ADA) and only apply to the schools that do not require it. That way you don't have to report it and nobody is the wiser.

I feel for you. It is never a good feeling when a test doesn't go well. Wishing you luck!

Do scores come out immediately or are you just having that feeling that I get after every test I take?

Also, if you get your scores and they are not ideal then I would just take UT-Huston, U Kentucky, U Nebraska, U Puerto Rico, and Tufts off the application (the only schools that require it according to the ADA) and only apply to the schools that do not require it. That way you don't have to report it and nobody is the wiser.

I feel for you. It is never a good feeling when a test doesn't go well. Wishing you luck!
The score comes out in 3-4 weeks. I feel like I could have done better. All the schools I have applied to do NOT require it but I put on my application that “I will be taking it”Once the score comes in then I have to send it to PASS.
I’m praying at this point for an average score between 500-550. I pray that it won’t affect me too much this cycle.

The score comes out in 3-4 weeks. I feel like I could have done better. All the schools I have applied to do NOT require it but I put on my application that “I will be taking it”Once the score comes in then I have to send it to PASS.
I’m praying at this point for an average score between 500-550. I pray that it won’t affect me too much this cycle.

You'll be one of veryyyyyy few with scores. I don't think that it will sway the decisions at all if they have a score that they can barely compare to other applicants. Best of luck!

You'll be one of veryyyyyy few with scores. I don't think that it will sway the decisions at all if they have a score that they can barely compare to other applicants. Best of luck!
Thank you :)

I don’t think any program currently requires the ADAT. The above mentioned programs in the past did require it, but last year all programs said that it was no longer required, unless things have changed. So if you score poorly, just don’t send your scores.

I don’t think any program currently requires the ADAT. The above mentioned programs in the past did require it, but last year all programs said that it was no longer required, unless things have changed. So if you score poorly, just don’t send your scores.
I put on the application that I “will be taking exam” so therefore I have to give the scores lol.

I'm so confused...where do you upload 2x2 on ADEA PASS for programs that say to attach it on the PASS application? The programs don't have anything listed except for the Personal Statement section under their "Documents" tab. o_O

I'm so confused...where do you upload 2x2 on ADEA PASS for programs that say to attach it on the PASS application? The programs don't have anything listed except for the Personal Statement section under their "Documents" tab. o_O
I don't know if this is the "right" answer but it's my answer... In the Supporting Information section, I uploaded mine to the "documents" tab as a "Revised CV/Resume" document. I made sure to clearly save the files with descriptive names of what they each are (CV vs 2x2), so the files themselves at least give a hint, but it's still technically uploaded as a revised CV/Resume. I am hoping, though, that they don't see "revised CV" and open that one first instead of my actual CV... that would make quite the statement, let me tell ya 🙃

Reactions: 1 users

I also don't know if this is the right answer. Some schools say to put it in the CV. So, on the main part where the original CV is added I just uploaded my CV with a last page that is just a 2x2 photo with my Match and CAS IDs at the top. My PDF description is "CV with Photo".

BUT! you should download your app in the "Check status" section to see what each school is going to see. It's pretty clear that they are just going to get a PDF file of like 40 pages that they scroll through and as long as everything is in there they will find it.

Hey just jumping back into SDN after some time away after graduating and working for the last couple of years. Happy to answer any questions regarding programs or pediatric dentistry as a whole. I applied several years ago but had a good amount of success with the application process and ended up with around 15 interviews and taking a pre-match position. Just offering to answer questions if anyone has any. PM me.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello guys,

Children's Hospital Boston requires us to submit the NBDE scores directly to them without having an email address listed. Can anyone that has sent their scores to them please provide me with the email?

Thanks, and best of luck to you all.

I don't know if this is the "right" answer but it's my answer... In the Supporting Information section, I uploaded mine to the "documents" tab as a "Revised CV/Resume" document. I made sure to clearly save the files with descriptive names of what they each are (CV vs 2x2), so the files themselves at least give a hint, but it's still technically uploaded as a revised CV/Resume. I am hoping, though, that they don't see "revised CV" and open that one first instead of my actual CV... that would make quite the statement, let me tell ya 🙃
Seems like you're not the only one who is doing this, so I'll jump on board lol! It makes sense. I mean, most programs don't ask for the 2x2 to be attached on to the CV so I would feel silly having my main CV include my photo on it.

Hello guys,

Children's Hospital Boston requires us to submit the NBDE scores directly to them without having an email address listed. Can anyone that has sent their scores to them please provide me with the email?

Thanks, and best of luck to you all.

[email protected]. Do we also have to send official DAT scores? She didn't clarify that for me.

Seems like you're not the only one who is doing this, so I'll jump on board lol! It makes sense. I mean, most programs don't ask for the 2x2 to be attached on to the CV so I would feel silly having my main CV include my photo on it.

Yeah... putting it on the front page of a CV would be a little odd (although I know that some people like doing that)... But, that's why I made it its own page at the end so it's not really "part" of my CV. When the schools download my app it will just look like a separate page mixed in with everything else, haha :laugh:

Just check with PASS about that "revised CV" section. I just don't know if when you upload something there if it then prevents schools from seeing your original CV that you uploaded. I tried to email PASS but didn't get a reply. Just offering a little warning in case you planned to used the "revised CV" upload for something other than a CV revision. :shrug:

Last edited: