**Official 2022 Peds PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello future pediatric residents =) Quick question. Do all programs send you a confirmation email that your application is complete? Should I be concerned If I didn't get an email form a program saying that I am all set?

I wish PASS would just add a feature that allows schools to update your status...

How awesome would it be to check your PASS portal and just see "received/completed", "received/awaiting supplementals", "sent for review", "Invite for interview", "rank submitted".

It would honestly cut out like 50 emails per week each school receives.

Then again... You know that like only 1/2 of the schools would actually update your status :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get an email from University of Minnesota today?

Members don't see this ad :)
application confirmation email?
Yes but they also talked about how interviews are on a rolling basis, so I was wondering if the email was solely just a confirmation or also trying to say that as of right now I did not receive an interview

Yes but they also talked about how interviews are on a rolling basis, so I was wondering if the email was solely just a confirmation or also trying to say that as of right now I did not receive an interview
They didn’t send out invitations until the end of September last year so I would just take it as a confirmation at this time.

Did you guys smile or have a neutral face in your 2x2 photos? I did neutral but I see people saying smile..

Every year there are way too many people giving way too much thought to the 2x2 photo. Programs really only use them to put a face with an application after interviews when they are formulating their rank list. Just send a small photo with you looking happy.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 users
i think its just confirmation, i received that email in July when I submitted my application, last year they sent out interview invites by the end of sept.

Anybody have info about Michigan?

Last edited:
I checked my MATCH page and it says ranking order is open oct 25-nov 1 of 2021, but Peds rank list due date and MATCH day are in Jan. Does anyone else's MATCH have these dates as well? I am worried I signed up for the wrong thing.

I checked my MATCH page and it says ranking order is open oct 25-nov 1 of 2021, but Peds rank list due date and MATCH day are in Jan. Does anyone else's MATCH have these dates as well? I am worried I signed up for the wrong thing.
Make sure you're not signed up for Phase I of match.. Peds is Phase II and those dates sound eerily familiar to last year's Phase I rank dates.

Make sure you're not signed up for Phase I of match.. Peds is Phase II and those dates sound eerily familiar to last year's Phase I rank dates.
I have the same dates show up on my homepage i.e Phase 1, I don't remember getting the option of picking between phase 1 or 2 when i initially registered. I am worried now, is it possible that since I registered way earlier they didn't have Phase 2 registration open at the time? Do you see Phase 2 dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same dates show up on my homepage i.e Phase 1, I don't remember getting the option of picking between phase 1 or 2 when i initially registered. I assumed they will update the dates once they are done with Phase 1, but I'm not sure. I will try calling them on Monday to verify, however I do feel there should only be one registration number for all Match Programs, Anyone else having the same problem?

When you sign up for the match, you have the option to submit a rank list for phase i, phase ii, or both. The dates shown are likely for phase i, which you can verify (as well as the dates for phase ii) by reviewing the FAQs for the match. I believe it lists these dates somewhere around there on the website. Since peds programs participate in phase ii of the match, you can disregard the dates listed, and once phase i passes new dates will appear that will tell you when you can submit a rank list for phase ii.
So I shouldn't worry about the dates listed? Mine says " October 25, 2021 12:00 am ET and November 12, 2021 11:59 pm ET." ...

So I shouldn't worry about the dates listed? Mine says " October 25, 2021 12:00 am ET and November 12, 2021 11:59 pm ET." ...
I have the same dates show up on my homepage i.e Phase 1, I don't remember getting the option of picking between phase 1 or 2 when i initially registered. I am worried now, is it possible that since I registered way earlier they didn't have Phase 2 registration open at the time? Do you see Phase 2 dates?

That’s for phase i. Ok I searched it for you guys, review the dates for yourself here:

The Phase ii window is from 12/13/21 - 1/14/22

That’s for phase i. Ok I searched it for you guys, review the dates for yourself here:

The Phase ii window is from 12/13/21 - 1/14/22
how can i change it to phase 2?

You don’t need to do anything. You can disregard the dates displayed on the match site currently, that pertains to phase i. When phase i is complete, the phase ii dates will pop up. Go and submit your rank list during that phase ii window 12/13/21 - 1/14/22 on the match website, and that’s it.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey fellas. can anyone help me finding Interfaith Medical Center, NY.on adea pass? I can see them on Pass web but not on ADEA PASS. Am I doing something wrong?

Hey fellas. can anyone help me finding Interfaith Medical Center, NY.on adea pass? I can see them on Pass web but not on ADEA PASS. Am I doing something wrong?
Hey ! I do believe they are now under One Brooklyn Health

Reactions: 1 users
Hey ! I do believe they are now under One Brooklyn Health
Question about this program : it says you must send a cv , 2x2 photos and fee straight to the program. It also says the cv must be 1 page ? Do we just condense or make the font smaller?

Question about this program : it says you must send a cv , 2x2 photos and fee straight to the program. It also says the cv must be 1 page ? Do we just condense or make the font smaller?
I hate when places say a "one page CV". THAT IS A RESUME (in the US). Also, we are in a field that is tied with academia and an "academic CV" could be 4-6 pages... And in the UK they use CV instead of resume and they want you to stick to one page. So all together, it makes it unclear what each place is looking for. It sounds like they just want a resume from you. You should reformat your CV to only be one page, only highlighting your academic history, and don't just shrink the font.

Have someone received an email from Columbia with “get to know program” zoom session?

Does anyone have any information about Utah’s residency at Primary Children’s? Pros/Cons? Did anyone do the virtual externship?

Does anyone have any information about Utah’s residency at Primary Children’s? Pros/Cons? Did anyone do the virtual externship?
I think their externship already happened but if you email their director he will set up a 1:1 meeting with you to answer any questions!

Based on last year's trends, we are only about 1.5 weeks away from the first invites... Crazy.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody happen to have a summary of the CODA requirements handy? I'd love to have a short list of things such as required rotations, minimum # of sedations total and as primary operator, minimum # of OR cases, and anything else that may be helpful (research project requirements, particular didactic subjects each program must offer, etc). I think it would be helpful to know the baseline of what all programs do have in common so it's easier to identify how each one stands out! (When my first virtual externship of the year talked about having a 4 week anesthesia rotation, I was like "WOW that's such a cool thing to offer!" lol).

If nobody responds in the next day or two, I'll look over the document and follow up with what I find in case someone else finds it helpful! (It's 38 pages, which obviously isn't a big deal.... buuuut I can think of a few other ways I'd rather spend my evening, haha, so figured I'd ask y'all first)

Hi guys,
Having trouble reaching anyone from denver health. Can anyone help me figure out who to send dat scores 2x2 transcripts etc to?

Also, are my chances not that good for applying so late?

Hi guys,
Having trouble reaching anyone from denver health. Can anyone help me figure out who to send dat scores 2x2 transcripts etc to?

Also, are my chances not that good for applying so late?

At the bottom of this form from their website:

It says to contact the director Jeffrey Young with any concerns or questions. I would send them there.

Also, the deadline for this program is much later than most (October 15th). Your application will be in with the mix of all the others.

Emailed him a couple times but haven’t gotten a response :(
That's no fun... Let us know if you ever get a response. Hopefully someone else on here has a better solution for you!

Do we receive an email from Harvard about completion of the app (since they require so much be sent to them separately)? Or has anybody had luck emailing/calling in about status?

Do we think that programs will follow last years timeline for invitations ?
No way of knowing... But I hope so.

The only consideration being that more programs will have in-person this year than last and this might change up schedule a bit. That being said, Langone programs and a few others have already confirmed virtual for this year. Others have said "Our interviews will be on xx/xxxx and xx/xxxx whether they are in-person or virtual." So, hopefully things stay kind of similar. I would love to be able to look back at last years thread and have a good idea on when things are coming.

No way of knowing... But I hope so.

The only consideration being that more programs will have in-person this year than last and this might change up schedule a bit. That being said, Langone programs and a few others have already confirmed virtual for this year. Others have said "Our interviews will be on xx/xxxx and xx/xxxx whether they are in-person or virtual." So, hopefully things stay kind of similar. I would love to be able to look back at last years thread and have a good idea on when things are coming.
Not to start a conspiracy train but at one virtual externship the director mentioned that in their monthly "directors meeting" it seemed like many were either still unsure of doing in-person or virtual, or for sure doing virtual. Might be stuck with virtual but hopeful we can get in person interviews somewhere!

Not to start a conspiracy train but at one virtual externship the director mentioned that in their monthly "directors meeting" it seemed like many were either still unsure of doing in-person or virtual, or for sure doing virtual. Might be stuck with virtual but hopeful we can get in person interviews somewhere!

Part of me hopes they do keep it virtual so I don't need to spend all this money visiting places.... The other part of me hope that COVID numbers calm down so I can actually get a normal match experience haha.

My guess is 10-15% of programs will have in-person (vs like 1% last year).

Confirmations - what programs has everyone heard from with the applications being confirmed ? I don’t think Langone confirms which is a bit nerve wracking.
I have Ohio, MUSC, Montefiore, Columbia , Kentucky confirmations

Is it okay if I submit PASS close to the deadline?

I keep hearing that it takes a week or two for PASS to send off the application to the schools but then I am confused by the deadlines set by the schools.

Confirmations - what programs has everyone heard from with the applications being confirmed ? I don’t think Langone confirms which is a bit nerve wracking.
I got BU, NYU, SLU, Temple, Tufts, UAB, UCSF, UConn, UIC, Louisville, Maryland, UMich, UNC, USC, UWash, UMN

I got Indiana University, University of FL, Childrens Mercy in Kansas City, MO, University of TN Health Science Center, University of KY, MUSC, Case Western, and UAB

Last edited:
I have Yale, UIC, OHSU.

Last edited:
Is it okay if I submit PASS close to the deadline?

I keep hearing that it takes a week or two for PASS to send off the application to the schools but then I am confused by the deadlines set by the schools.
I read on OHSU's site that they have a "pass deadline" and like 15 days later a OHSU deadline which I guess is to give time for the apps to get processed. I think you can safely assume that your app will be considered if sent in by the deadline. Also, I think that schools get the apps fast because I was getting confirmation emails less than 24 hours after sending my app in.

Hope this helps