**Official 2022 Periodontics PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PerioPassionate

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Since PASS cycle already has opened a month ago, I thought it would be beneficial for us to start this thread and share experiences and news.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when does Buffalo usually start sending invites for interviews?

Only thing I have received so far is application complete by NSU. Any interviews out yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody get interview invites, or atleast hear about schools offering interviews?

Received a bunch of confirmation but no interviews. Shouldn't bu and Chicago have started by now?

Yes they should have! Anyone contact schools?

MUSC said they will be notifying interview or not next week

Reactions: 1 user
MUSC said they will be notifying interview or not next week

For all of their interview spots? Or just the first group (if there is more than one interview date)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same reject from uic aswell. The gum dream is getting cloudy

Interviews:
Boston 08/16 (virtual)
UIC 08/30 (in-person + social night)

Please keep our motivation up on this tough journey. I wish you all the best!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,
I received invitation to UIC and OSU. However, to be qualified to accept an invitation to interview at The Ohio State, they require you to sign a statement indicating that you are only EXCLUSIVELY applying to schools in the MATCH process. UIC doesn't participate in the MATCH. What has anyone decided to do in this situation? I understand I may need to withdraw my application at either school. But I’m worried it may be a gamble to give up either application.

Last edited:
Hello,
I received invitation to UIC and OSU. However, to be qualified to accept an invitation to interview at The Ohio State, they require you to sign a statement indicating that you are only EXCLUSIVELY applying to schools in the MATCH process. UIC doesn't participate in the MATCH. What has anyone decided to do in this situation. I understand I may need to withdraw my application at UIC and lose my application fees. But this saddens me, and lowers my chances of getting to accepted at any program. help :(
Hey, congratulations for getting an interview from OSU and UIC. Don’t lose hope, it’s just the beginning. Good luck :) , please May I ask if you are comfortable to share what was your completion date for submitting the application at OSU ? Do they consider applications send to them near the deadlines?

Hello,
I received invitation to UIC and OSU. However, to be qualified to accept an invitation to interview at The Ohio State, they require you to sign a statement indicating that you are only EXCLUSIVELY applying to schools in the MATCH process. UIC doesn't participate in the MATCH. What has anyone decided to do in this situation? I understand I may need to withdraw my application at either school. But I’m worried it may be a gamble to give up either application.
You can go to both interviews and then if you end up getting accepted at UIC just withdraw from the match. If UIC doesn’t accept you, remain in the match and you might get accepted at OSU! Also, when did OSU send out invites and when is the interview date? :)

Hello,
is OSU Virtual or in person?

Virtual Interview at UTHSC August 30
- haven’t heard back from the other 8 schools

Interviews sent:
Boston University 08/16 (virtual)
University of Illinois Chicago 08/30 (in-person + social night)
University of Tennessee Health Science Center 08/30 (virtual)
University of Washington (???)
Stony Brook University (???)
Ohio State University (???)
Harvard University 9/2 (virtual)
Indiana University (interview sent, optional virtual/ in-person, TBD date)

Please feel free to add more if you receive great news from other schools 🥰

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Interview invites to Michigan (Zoom), Stony Brook (Zoom), and Pittsburgh (in-person).

Also got an email from Columbia saying that my application was selected for final review? Not sure if that means anything, though.

Interview invites to Michigan (Zoom), Stony Brook (Zoom), and Pittsburgh (in-person).

Also got an email from Columbia saying that my application was selected for final review? Not sure if that means anything, though.
Specific date? Good luck

Got that Columbia email too, I can't tell if good or meh

Hello all,

I applied to the these programs. I haven't heard anything except my application is complete. Any one of you heard anything from them ....
1. Alabama
2.UIC- Rejection
3.U Conn
4. OHIO
5.Louisville
6. Marquette
7.VCU
8.Minnesota
9.UFL
10.Lousiana
11.UNC

Has anyone received interview invite from Boston for CAGS Perio?? I actually applied yesterday , since the last date was 02/01 so i thought it would be better to apply somewhere in middle. Would that impact my chances to get an interview invite? Please provide some info??

UIC - In-person 08/23
Tufts - Zoom 09/14
Marquette - In-person 09/17

I see a lot of 08/30 for UIC, anybody get my interview date? I don't wanna go into this not knowing anybody!

Last edited:
Boston sent out interviews
Ohio State sent out interviews
Alabama sent out interviews
Pitt sent out interviews
UW sent out interviews
San Antonio sent out interviews

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone heard back from:

- University of Florida (UF)
- Texas A&M
- UTHSCSA
- LSU
- UAB
- MUSC - (i got the initial email late july indicating they were reviewing my application but haven't heard back)

has anyone heard back from:

- University of Florida (UF)
- Texas A&M
- UTHSCSA
- LSU
- UAB
- MUSC - (i got the initial email late july indicating they were reviewing my application but haven't heard back)
UTHSC sent out interview invites last week I believe and MUSC sent out interview invites today.

I got rejected from Texas A&M a few weeks ago so if you haven't gotten anything maybe that's a good sign!

Reactions: 1 users
UTHSC sent out interview invites last week I believe and MUSC sent out interview invites today.

I got rejected from Texas A&M a few weeks ago so if you haven't gotten anything maybe that's a good sign!
I got an interview @ UTHSC August 30th

Haven't heard anything from UTHSCSA though.

I remember MUSC saying they would let us know one way or another when they sent the original email in late July. However, I've still yet to hear anything positive or negative 😕

Fingers crossed! & thanks for the feedback!