**Official 2024 Ortho PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email from UCLA stating they need INBDE scores by September 1 :(

Members don't see this ad.

For VCU we have to send a postcard fo them to send back...what is an application package stamp? Am I dumb?? Or do I just write application package stamp? Lol

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 7.52.10 AM.png

Has anyone who applied to UCLA gotten confirmation that their supplemental application was received?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do all schools send you an email once your application plus supplemental is completed? Not sure if i should start calling the programs that I haven't received completion emails from.

Quite a few say in their supplementals that they will only consider you if you are applying to Match schools only.

I'm not sure if it's just in good faith or if they have access to everything you applied to on ADEA PASS, but I wouldn't risk it.

Quite a few say in their supplementals that they will only consider you if you are applying to Match schools only.

I'm not sure if it's just in good faith or if they have access to everything you applied to on ADEA PASS, but I wouldn't risk it.
AFAIK it's just Umich, UIC, OSU, VCU and Iowa I think that make you sign such an agreement, am I missing any?

Do whatever you want man, just be warned
will not be applying to any schools that make applicants sign a match-exclusive agreement so warning not needed :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
AFAIK it's just Umich, UIC, OSU, VCU and Iowa I think that make you sign such an agreement, am I missing any?
It's just too evil to do this .. Like why even force people to limit their choices even more..

• Haha
I only got a confirmation from LSU when my PASS app went through but they never said it was complete. So no confirmation from either.
Was this from PASS just stating your application was received, or was it actually from LSU? Haven't heard a word from LSU but application has been submitted to PASS for over a week.

I accidentally applied to a non match program and am freaking out right now.
Just withdraw your app from the program by emailing them (or not if you're feeling courageous :))

Just withdraw your app from the program by emailing them (or not if you're feeling courageous :))
That's what I did but it still shows in my PASS that I applied to it. I m not sure about how other match programs are gonna find out 🥴

That's what I did but it still shows in my PASS that I applied to it. I m not sure about how other match programs are gonna find out 🥴
I didn't withdraw, I just didn't send out the supplemental materials and the extra fees so my application is incomplete

albert-einstein-medical-center-orthodontics shows inactive, what does that mean?

Hello everyone. Had a query regarding GRE scores. I got a score of 152 in verbal, and 149 in quant. I understand these are average/below average scores. What impact v=can they have on my application.

Hello everyone. Had a query regarding GRE scores. I got a score of 152 in verbal, and 149 in quant. I understand these are average/below average scores. What impact v=can they have on my application.
How are the other portions of your application? If you have good grades, etc. shouldn't impact too much of your application.

Is Indiana a Match or non-match program, I am confused by this statement on adea pass

Please note that our program is NOT requiring a MATCH form to be completed during this cycle.

Non match this cycle
oh ok thank you,
I have a question, regarding the GRE. If we put the grades on ADEA pass and submitted our application. but then we wanted to update our grade with a new grade later on. Will the ADEA PASS let us update the grade, or do we have to send the grades manually to schools? ( I know some programs already want the official GRE to be sent their way) but my question is for ADEA PASS, will they let us update that section or will it be locked if we submit our application to any program.

oh ok thank you,
I have a question, regarding the GRE. If we put the grades on ADEA pass and submitted our application. but then we wanted to update our grade with a new grade later on. Will the ADEA PASS let us update the grade, or do we have to send the grades manually to schools? ( I know some programs already want the official GRE to be sent their way) but my question is for ADEA PASS, will they let us update that section or will it be locked if we submit our application to any program.
You can add but you can't take the previous scores out.

Non match this cycle
This is not correct, they are match but not match exclusive, thats what theyre referring to by match “form” aka match exclusive agreement

Reactions: 3 users
Non match this cycle
Pretty sure they’re still match. I think it means they’re not requiring you to fill out a form saying you’re only applying to match programs. They still show up on the match website for this year

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure they’re still match. I think it means they’re not requiring you to fill out a form saying you’re only applying to match programs. They still show up on the match website for this year
I'm not sure. At the bottom of the page, it says something to the effect of "After interviews, applicants admitted to the program receive acceptance letters and contracts". It doesn't mention anything about the Match, or registering for the match. Every match program I applied to said "We participate in the post-doctoral match program" on their website.

I tried to reach out to them weeks ago to ask this question but couldn't reach them. I didn't apply to them since I wasn't sure if they were match exclusive. Do you know this for sure?

Last edited:
I'm not sure. At the bottom of the page, it says something to the effect of "After interviews, applicants admitted to the program receive acceptance letters and contracts". It doesn't mention anything about the Match, or registering for the match. Every match program I applied to said "We participate in the post-doctoral match program" on their website.

I tried to reach out to them weeks ago to ask this question but couldn't reach them. I didn't apply to them since I wasn't sure if they were match exclusive. Do you know this for sure?
They show up on PASS as match participating, and they show up on the match list as well

They show up on PASS as match participating, and they show up on the match list as well
Wow, if that's the case then they messed up by putting such an ambiguous statement on their PASS. Really interpreted that as non-match this cycle. Oh well.

Reactions: 1 users
Was this from PASS just stating your application was received, or was it actually from LSU? Haven't heard a word from LSU but application has been submitted to PASS for over a week.
My bad. I got the email confirmation from Louisville, not LSU.

My mentor used to be on the admissions team for a ortho residency and said that GRE is the least important part of your app. So I’d say minimal if everything else is good.

Ortho resident here at a match school. Was also in the dilemma btw applying to match/ nonmatch back then. During interview season, one of the orho residents at my dental school told me he saw the chair's computer and that he could see exactly what "we see" in our PASS application (including all schools you apply to). I had applied to 2 non-match programs and then pulled out my app bc I preferred the match exclusive programs over the non-match ones. Funny enough, I never received interviews to the match exclusive schools.
My take: if your top choice is a match exclusive school, don't risk applying to non-match programs. Also, don't lie about the number of schools you applied if it ever comes up during the interview.
Good luck!
Wow

Ortho resident here at a match school. Was also in the dilemma btw applying to match/ nonmatch back then. During interview season, one of the orho residents at my dental school told me he saw the chair's computer and that he could see exactly what "we see" in our PASS application (including all schools you apply to). I had applied to 2 non-match programs and then pulled out my app bc I preferred the match exclusive programs over the non-match ones. Funny enough, I never received interviews to the match exclusive schools.
My take: if your top choice is a match exclusive school, don't risk applying to non-match programs. Also, don't lie about the number of schools you applied if it ever comes up during the interview.
Good luck!
Screenshot_20230802-233337.png

I remember from my d school interviews that the only application my interviewers had was the pdf that's available for download after you submit in AADSAS/PASS (you can also access the pdf download from the 'Check Status' page FYI) which doesn't show the other schools you apply to. Not that I'm planning to violate any agreements anyways but I also selected 'No' for the presubmission release option just in case. Also, not saying this is what that last poster is doing necessarily but I wouldn't put it past people to deliberately spread misinformation in order to better their own chances at certain (nonmatch in this case) programs! People have been known to lie on the internet from time to time ;)

There is no way that they can see what schools you applied to without asking permission. Legality-wise just think of it. That's why they have to even get a waiver that you are giving up your ability to see your recommendation letters.

Good luck!
The only thing that I can think of is that when you ask someone to write you a rec letter, they can see where you’re going to apply. So, probably you have asked them to write you a letter.

I remember from my d school interviews that the only application my interviewers had was the pdf that's available for download after you submit in AADSAS/PASS (you can also access the pdf download from the 'Check Status' page FYI) which doesn't show the other schools you apply to. Not that I'm planning to violate any agreements anyways but I also selected 'No' for the presubmission release option just in case. Also, not saying this is what that last poster is doing necessarily but I wouldn't put it past people to deliberately spread misinformation in order to better their own chances at certain (nonmatch in this case) programs! People have been known to lie on the internet from time to time ;)
I’m going to delete the post just bc if that’s what you take from it, others might be thinking the same. Just wanted to share something I heard from a resident when I was applying since I saw there was a lot of people stuck in btw that choice. But you are right, it isn’t confirmed so I don’t want to be spreading malformation at the end of the day.

My mentor used to be on the admissions team for a ortho residency and said that GRE is the least important part of your app. So I’d say minimal if everything else is good.
That sounds comforting. Thanks for the information.

Hey everyone,

I'm applying this cycle, and overall I think I have a good app, but I have one blemish that keeps me awake at night. I failed NBDE I on my first attempt. My app otherwise is pretty strong (lots of extracurriculars, good GRE score, did an AEGD, etc.) but I'm terrified that one bad day might ruin my chances. I'm planning to apply broadly (30ish schools) to help my chances but I'm curious to hear what other people think.

Thanks for the help.

Hey everyone,

I'm applying this cycle, and overall I think I have a good app, but I have one blemish that keeps me awake at night. I failed NBDE I on my first attempt. My app otherwise is pretty strong (lots of extracurriculars, good GRE score, did an AEGD, etc.) but I'm terrified that one bad day might ruin my chances. I'm planning to apply broadly (30ish schools) to help my chances but I'm curious to hear what other people think.

Thanks for the help.
I believe you applied last cycle too if I remember correctly? I would say you have better chances this time if you spent the last year improving other parts of your app and are applying widely, but nobody can say for sure

I applied to 20 programs, but I'm super nervous. Class was full of gunners so a 3.5 GPA was rank 60/110. Didn't get to do research because of covid. Been working in dentistry for the last year. Do you think I still have a chance?