-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official 2024 Ortho PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**
Started by veryhappylabrador
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone who applied to UCLA gotten confirmation that their supplemental application was received?
ddsdmd2022
Full Member
NopeHas anyone who applied to UCLA gotten confirmation that their supplemental application was received?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CorgiBraces
Full Member
Is anyone applying to both MATCH and non-MATCH schools?
Do all schools send you an email once your application plus supplemental is completed? Not sure if i should start calling the programs that I haven't received completion emails from.
whyIf you want to go to a Match program…not a good idea
Quite a few say in their supplementals that they will only consider you if you are applying to Match schools only.
I'm not sure if it's just in good faith or if they have access to everything you applied to on ADEA PASS, but I wouldn't risk it.
Angle's Burner
Full Member
I believe there is in option to just do online only. I only applied through the website and I received a confirmation email that my application is complete.For VCU we have to send a postcard fo them to send back...what is an application package stamp? Am I dumb?? Or do I just write application package stamp? Lol
View attachment 374803
AFAIK it's just Umich, UIC, OSU, VCU and Iowa I think that make you sign such an agreement, am I missing any?Quite a few say in their supplementals that they will only consider you if you are applying to Match schools only.
I'm not sure if it's just in good faith or if they have access to everything you applied to on ADEA PASS, but I wouldn't risk it.
will not be applying to any schools that make applicants sign a match-exclusive agreement so warning not needed 🙂Do whatever you want man, just be warned
Has anyone received confirmation emails from LSU or OSU ?
pristine.pearls
Full Member
I only got a confirmation from LSU when my PASS app went through but they never said it was complete. So no confirmation from either.Has anyone received confirmation emails from LSU or OSU ?
It's just too evil to do this .. Like why even force people to limit their choices even more..AFAIK it's just Umich, UIC, OSU, VCU and Iowa I think that make you sign such an agreement, am I missing any?
Louisville is also match-only.AFAIK it's just Umich, UIC, OSU, VCU and Iowa I think that make you sign such an agreement, am I missing any?
Was this from PASS just stating your application was received, or was it actually from LSU? Haven't heard a word from LSU but application has been submitted to PASS for over a week.I only got a confirmation from LSU when my PASS app went through but they never said it was complete. So no confirmation from either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can also add UoP to the list. Possibly Marquette too, though not confirmed yetLouisville is also match-only.
I accidentally applied to a non match program and am freaking out right now.
Just withdraw your app from the program by emailing them (or not if you're feeling courageous 🙂)I accidentally applied to a non match program and am freaking out right now.
That's what I did but it still shows in my PASS that I applied to it. I m not sure about how other match programs are gonna find out 🥴Just withdraw your app from the program by emailing them (or not if you're feeling courageous 🙂)
I didn't withdraw, I just didn't send out the supplemental materials and the extra fees so my application is incompleteThat's what I did but it still shows in my PASS that I applied to it. I m not sure about how other match programs are gonna find out 🥴
ddsdmd2022
Full Member
I’m pretty sure confidentiality wise that cannot see if you applied to other schoolsI didn't withdraw, I just didn't send out the supplemental materials and the extra fees so my application is incomplete
They're not taking residents this yearalbert-einstein-medical-center-orthodontics shows inactive, what does that mean?
CorgiBraces
Full Member
How are the other portions of your application? If you have good grades, etc. shouldn't impact too much of your application.Hello everyone. Had a query regarding GRE scores. I got a score of 152 in verbal, and 149 in quant. I understand these are average/below average scores. What impact v=can they have on my application.
Thanks, other things are good.How are the other portions of your application? If you have good grades, etc. shouldn't impact too much of your application.
oh ok thank you,Non match this cycle
I have a question, regarding the GRE. If we put the grades on ADEA pass and submitted our application. but then we wanted to update our grade with a new grade later on. Will the ADEA PASS let us update the grade, or do we have to send the grades manually to schools? ( I know some programs already want the official GRE to be sent their way) but my question is for ADEA PASS, will they let us update that section or will it be locked if we submit our application to any program.
You can add but you can't take the previous scores out.oh ok thank you,
I have a question, regarding the GRE. If we put the grades on ADEA pass and submitted our application. but then we wanted to update our grade with a new grade later on. Will the ADEA PASS let us update the grade, or do we have to send the grades manually to schools? ( I know some programs already want the official GRE to be sent their way) but my question is for ADEA PASS, will they let us update that section or will it be locked if we submit our application to any program.
This is not correct, they are match but not match exclusive, thats what theyre referring to by match “form” aka match exclusive agreementNon match this cycle
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pretty sure they’re still match. I think it means they’re not requiring you to fill out a form saying you’re only applying to match programs. They still show up on the match website for this yearNon match this cycle
I'm not sure. At the bottom of the page, it says something to the effect of "After interviews, applicants admitted to the program receive acceptance letters and contracts". It doesn't mention anything about the Match, or registering for the match. Every match program I applied to said "We participate in the post-doctoral match program" on their website.Pretty sure they’re still match. I think it means they’re not requiring you to fill out a form saying you’re only applying to match programs. They still show up on the match website for this year
I tried to reach out to them weeks ago to ask this question but couldn't reach them. I didn't apply to them since I wasn't sure if they were match exclusive. Do you know this for sure?
Last edited:
dang fr??Just got an email from UCLA stating they need INBDE scores by September 1 🙁
They show up on PASS as match participating, and they show up on the match list as wellI'm not sure. At the bottom of the page, it says something to the effect of "After interviews, applicants admitted to the program receive acceptance letters and contracts". It doesn't mention anything about the Match, or registering for the match. Every match program I applied to said "We participate in the post-doctoral match program" on their website.
I tried to reach out to them weeks ago to ask this question but couldn't reach them. I didn't apply to them since I wasn't sure if they were match exclusive. Do you know this for sure?
Wow, if that's the case then they messed up by putting such an ambiguous statement on their PASS. Really interpreted that as non-match this cycle. Oh well.They show up on PASS as match participating, and they show up on the match list as well
pristine.pearls
Full Member
My bad. I got the email confirmation from Louisville, not LSU.Was this from PASS just stating your application was received, or was it actually from LSU? Haven't heard a word from LSU but application has been submitted to PASS for over a week.
pristine.pearls
Full Member
My mentor used to be on the admissions team for a ortho residency and said that GRE is the least important part of your app. So I’d say minimal if everything else is good.Hello everyone. Had a query regarding GRE scores. I got a score of 152 in verbal, and 149 in quant. I understand these are average/below average scores. What impact v=can they have on my application.
WowOrtho resident here at a match school. Was also in the dilemma btw applying to match/ nonmatch back then. During interview season, one of the orho residents at my dental school told me he saw the chair's computer and that he could see exactly what "we see" in our PASS application (including all schools you apply to). I had applied to 2 non-match programs and then pulled out my app bc I preferred the match exclusive programs over the non-match ones. Funny enough, I never received interviews to the match exclusive schools.
My take: if your top choice is a match exclusive school, don't risk applying to non-match programs. Also, don't lie about the number of schools you applied if it ever comes up during the interview.
Good luck!
Ortho resident here at a match school. Was also in the dilemma btw applying to match/ nonmatch back then. During interview season, one of the orho residents at my dental school told me he saw the chair's computer and that he could see exactly what "we see" in our PASS application (including all schools you apply to). I had applied to 2 non-match programs and then pulled out my app bc I preferred the match exclusive programs over the non-match ones. Funny enough, I never received interviews to the match exclusive schools.
My take: if your top choice is a match exclusive school, don't risk applying to non-match programs. Also, don't lie about the number of schools you applied if it ever comes up during the interview.
Good luck!
This is what I found online. The last question.
I remember from my d school interviews that the only application my interviewers had was the pdf that's available for download after you submit in AADSAS/PASS (you can also access the pdf download from the 'Check Status' page FYI) which doesn't show the other schools you apply to. Not that I'm planning to violate any agreements anyways but I also selected 'No' for the presubmission release option just in case. Also, not saying this is what that last poster is doing necessarily but I wouldn't put it past people to deliberately spread misinformation in order to better their own chances at certain (nonmatch in this case) programs! People have been known to lie on the internet from time to time 😉
ddsdmd2022
Full Member
There is no way that they can see what schools you applied to without asking permission. Legality-wise just think of it. That's why they have to even get a waiver that you are giving up your ability to see your recommendation letters.
Ah okay, I got the same e-mail from Louisville. Submitted everything and no confirmation app is complete. Also radio silence from LSU.My bad. I got the email confirmation from Louisville, not LSU.
The only thing that I can think of is that when you ask someone to write you a rec letter, they can see where you’re going to apply. So, probably you have asked them to write you a letter.Ortho resident here at a match school. Was also in the dilemma btw applying to match/ nonmatch back then. During interview season, one of the orho residents at my dental school told me he saw the chair's computer and that he could see exactly what "we see" in our PASS application (including all schools you apply to). I had applied to 2 non-match programs and then pulled out my app bc I preferred the match exclusive programs over the non-match ones. Funny enough, I never received interviews to the match exclusive schools.
My take: if your top choice is a match exclusive school, don't risk applying to non-match programs. Also, don't lie about the number of schools you applied if it ever comes up during the interview.
Good luck!
D
deleted960897
I’m going to delete the post just bc if that’s what you take from it, others might be thinking the same. Just wanted to share something I heard from a resident when I was applying since I saw there was a lot of people stuck in btw that choice. But you are right, it isn’t confirmed so I don’t want to be spreading malformation at the end of the day.I remember from my d school interviews that the only application my interviewers had was the pdf that's available for download after you submit in AADSAS/PASS (you can also access the pdf download from the 'Check Status' page FYI) which doesn't show the other schools you apply to. Not that I'm planning to violate any agreements anyways but I also selected 'No' for the presubmission release option just in case. Also, not saying this is what that last poster is doing necessarily but I wouldn't put it past people to deliberately spread misinformation in order to better their own chances at certain (nonmatch in this case) programs! People have been known to lie on the internet from time to time 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That sounds comforting. Thanks for the information.My mentor used to be on the admissions team for a ortho residency and said that GRE is the least important part of your app. So I’d say minimal if everything else is good.
Hey everyone,
I'm applying this cycle, and overall I think I have a good app, but I have one blemish that keeps me awake at night. I failed NBDE I on my first attempt. My app otherwise is pretty strong (lots of extracurriculars, good GRE score, did an AEGD, etc.) but I'm terrified that one bad day might ruin my chances. I'm planning to apply broadly (30ish schools) to help my chances but I'm curious to hear what other people think.
Thanks for the help.
I'm applying this cycle, and overall I think I have a good app, but I have one blemish that keeps me awake at night. I failed NBDE I on my first attempt. My app otherwise is pretty strong (lots of extracurriculars, good GRE score, did an AEGD, etc.) but I'm terrified that one bad day might ruin my chances. I'm planning to apply broadly (30ish schools) to help my chances but I'm curious to hear what other people think.
Thanks for the help.
I believe you applied last cycle too if I remember correctly? I would say you have better chances this time if you spent the last year improving other parts of your app and are applying widely, but nobody can say for sureHey everyone,
I'm applying this cycle, and overall I think I have a good app, but I have one blemish that keeps me awake at night. I failed NBDE I on my first attempt. My app otherwise is pretty strong (lots of extracurriculars, good GRE score, did an AEGD, etc.) but I'm terrified that one bad day might ruin my chances. I'm planning to apply broadly (30ish schools) to help my chances but I'm curious to hear what other people think.
Thanks for the help.
LittleShopDMD
New Member
I applied to 20 programs, but I'm super nervous. Class was full of gunners so a 3.5 GPA was rank 60/110. Didn't get to do research because of covid. Been working in dentistry for the last year. Do you think I still have a chance?
has anyone received anything from UT San Antonio ?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 413
- Views
- 182K
- Replies
- 90
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 238
- Views
- 45K
- Replies
- 784
- Views
- 338K