**Official 2024 Ortho PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You probably won’t be the first or the last to do so! What’s done is done, you can’t change the past so try and keep a strong mindset and go into it with positive thoughts! There are so many aspects to an application that one blemish like that isn’t worth losing sleep over. If anything, it’s a great opportunity to show your resilience and how you’ve learned from a “failure.” It’s all apart of your story, so embrace it!
Thank you for the words of encouragement! Yes I've tried my best to embrace it, and turn it into a part of my story. I just hope the programs don't immediately write me off!
 
I believe you applied last cycle too if I remember correctly? I would say you have better chances this time if you spent the last year improving other parts of your app and are applying widely, but nobody can say for sure
I was going to, but ended up delaying a year to bolster my finances a little. Hopefully the extra stuff I did last year will help out like you said.
 
What is the self addressed and stamped post card for UNC? So we mail our GRE and CV and photo with a blank postcard to ourselves to UNC ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And in Maryland's application somewhere it's saying mail the 2x2 photo to us somewhere else it's saying E-mail it to us. What did you guys do?
 
Guys, why some schools on adea search engine says Standarized test is not required, then you go to their page and they say, applicants must MAIL their GRE score to this address. Like why this inconsistency!
Also , Univeristy of Kentucky is also Match exclusive (FYI)
 
Guys, why some schools on adea search engine says Standarized test is not required, then you go to their page and they say, applicants must MAIL their GRE score to this address. Like why this inconsistency!
Also , Univeristy of Kentucky is also Match exclusive (FYI)

I'd definitely go with what's on their program websites and not under the "program information" on ADEA. I've noticed inconsistencies too. Really not sure what the point of doing a PASS application is if everyone school wants 20 different things. It's ridiculous lol
 
I'd definitely go with what's on their program websites and not under the "program information" on ADEA. I've noticed inconsistencies too. Really not sure what the point of doing a PASS application is if everyone school wants 20 different things. It's ridiculous lol
what's more ridiculous, there is this one school that wants nothing from you just to MAIL your 2x2 photo
Like why not email it 😵
 
quick question: For people who are doing AGED or GPR, how did you enter it in the experience section.
under employment or under dental experience?
 
Is it a bad thing that I mentioned in my personal statement a name of an orhtodontist I shadowed, but yet I don't have a letter of rec from that orthodontist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten confirmation that their app is complete from University of Florida? I've submitted over 2 weeks ago, they said they would send an e-mail if they required further information within 2 weeks, I haven't gotten that e-mail but I also haven't gotten an app complete email which they said they'd send. The deadline is in 4 days. On the grad app it also says my transcripts are still under review.
 
Does anyone have any info or where to find info about Touro‘s ortho program? Like is it certificate only or Masters/certificate? Cost of attendance?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7. Tests required

We require one of the following: INDBE, GRE, ADAT, or DAT official scores provided to the University’s central admissions office https://applygrad.uic.edu/portal/programs.

If the applicant has not taken the DAT, ADAT, MCAT or National Dental Board Examinations (NBDE or INBDE), the GRE General test is REQUIRED.
Guys, this is UIC ortho page requirments.
Does that mean GRE is not really required, if I have already sent them INBDE official report?
 
Does anyone know Texas A&Ms GRE code?

Does Texas A&M require an official GRE score report or is self-report on PASS fine?

Graduate Record Exam​

Orthodontics requires that all applicants (US/Canada or foreign dental degree) take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test. Endodontics requires applicants who graduated from a dental school outside of the US or Canada to take the GRE General Test.Scores must be less than five years old. While you can self-report scores in your PASS application, students who are accepted into a graduate program will have to have official scores sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Texas A&M University. Use code 6003 for reporting GRE scores. A department code is not needed.
 
7. Tests required

We require one of the following: INDBE, GRE, ADAT, or DAT official scores provided to the University’s central admissions office https://applygrad.uic.edu/portal/programs.

If the applicant has not taken the DAT, ADAT, MCAT or National Dental Board Examinations (NBDE or INBDE), the GRE General test is REQUIRED.
Guys, this is UIC ortho page requirments.
Does that mean GRE is not really required, if I have already sent them INBDE official report?

"You only need to submit the unofficial test scores on PASS at this moment. Only applicants who match the program will need to submit the official scores to UIC Graduate School."

This is what they replied to me when I asked for an email address to send my NBDEs to.
 
Guys. I have a former sweet patient who wrote me a letter of recommendation in paper ( she volunteered lol), in her letter, she put her address, and phone number.
If I ever use this as an additional LOR, would that violate Hipaa. ( what I mean, some programs said we can send them additional LOR), so I can just email it or mail.
 
Hi All,
Has anyone heard back from MedStar hospital in Washington D.C.? I sent in my supplemental application via email and have sent follow up emails, but have gotten no response. There is no phone number listed to call.
 
Hi All,
Has anyone heard back from MedStar hospital in Washington D.C.? I sent in my supplemental application via email and have sent follow up emails, but have gotten no response. There is no phone number listed to call.
I haven’t heard back from them either after sending an email.
 
When should we expect hearing back form schools for the interviews?
after their deadline and few weeks have passed.
and every program is different, check up last years threads and see which schools like to send early and which ones take their sweet time.
 
Hi All,
Has anyone heard back from MedStar hospital in Washington D.C.? I sent in my supplemental application via email and have sent follow up emails, but have gotten no response. There is no phone number listed to call.
I also have heard nothing from them despite follow up emails.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had to email them to get the link sent to me! It was just a supplemental fee
So you didn't have to send them additional letters of rec as part of the "supplemental"?? Under their ADEA Pass page it says 3 letters of rec on letterhead and signed are required in addition to up to 5 PPIs on PASS.
 
For those of you who are applying to bronxcare, are you guys inserting 2x2 photo into your cv or just uploading 2x2 photo separately on PASS?
 
anyone mind sharing the link to pay NYU's supplemental? Don't wanna wait for them to get back to me